What was the last movie you watched?

yes a Chow Fat classic, what about "Hardboiled" that was good too, i think it was done by John Woo, im not sure...

It was. Many of Chow's early hits were all done by Woo:

A Better Tomorrow I and II
The Killer
Peace Hotel
Once a Thief
Bullet in the Head (with Tony Leung, not a Chow film)
and Woo also produced The Replacement Killers, Chow's first film in English here in the States.
and Bullet Proof Monk (although I'm not sure this was such a great film myself...)

That sucks, man! Thanks for letting me know even though I never went through it myself. But I'll for surely thinking of you the next time I shop at Amazon.

"I always double check to confirm whether a movie is captioned by Google searching for images and confirming the artwork pictured on Amazon is identical to the scans," - I brought H20 from Amazon and the artwork was different. Also I ordered Tales From the Darkside: The Movie from a third party seller through Amazon and the artwork was different, too. It's accurate most of the time like subtitles but not always.

I don't know anyone that still watch VHS. I always tell Mom to get rid of those VHS movies (most of them are children movies for me and my brother when we were young), Mom'll never get rid of them and said "No, I'm keeping them for your baby nephew." Isn't CC from VHS fucked up? Because every time I watch a movie on VHS, all I'm seeing is "jisnsjwj heavens kaindjd kilmer. Pishsh gail Hsiang jdoh". I thought, "What the fuck am I reading?" Ha.

I have a monster load of VHS. Ive been buying them from various Good Will stores - 50 cents each. Whatever I watch, I usually donate back or give to a friend of mine. However, I do keep a few for myself. Especially the ones I buy via Amazon. There's still quite a few films that are only available on VHS and thats usually what I aim for. Those rare movies that have yet to receive a proper DVD/BR release. I also noticed that occasionally a VHS will have captions when a DVD does not. It's scarce though.

As far as the typos. Yeah, that's common also. Especially with tpaes that have been viewed excessively. Also, your VCR could use a cleaning. I clean mine after every 10 tapes I watch.

The Bay

The Bay (2012) - IMDb

It's solid but has that made for Syfy Channel kinda feel/look so don't expect a huge ass budget. I found myself really intrigued with this, impatiently waiting the outcome

I watched Planet Terror. I like this quote from the movie: "That's the problem with goals — they become the thing you talk about instead of the thing you do."

Lately...

Pirates of Silicon Valley
Porky's 2
Welcome to the Dollhouse
Hero and the Terror (198
Full Moon High (1981)
Perfect (1985)
Live Flesh (1997/Pedro Almodóvar)

Pricecheck

A truely quirky film, but its a clever burlesque about an Office Bitch...er it can also be seen dangerously close (or literally IS) a satire against feminists.
i like the ending too, its cleverly disgusted as a 'what happened' with a 'what did happened', erm i mean it puts the real-life type of vagueness which happens to real people, and having that at the end of the film, makes it seem more real. As in life, sometimes what happened is a matter of interpretation than a clear case of what IS the story.

The film makes women look less trusthworthy, kind of good because,too many films makes men looks untrusted, and aside from horrors films portraying murdereresses, or witches which are the only type of 'bad women' or 'sluts', but film goes right pass it, and makes a new kind of 'bad women', an office bitch - but at same time as an intelligent and reliable, successful types, but in an entertaining way that it shows, even successful women (as opposed to already many times shown before of successful men in film shown to be untrustworthy), with a very clear sense of leadership quality (which is often rare in films!, and not as a heroine) either, or a caring nurse shit, just a BUSINESSWOMEN, a similar kind of freshness in mainstream films that reminds me of how Erin Brockovich, portrayed a justice seeker which was 'new' back then, and this time, the 'new-ness' is about a ruthless business up and climber type.
I like this film, watch it, its different, it shows alot of other layers, like extramarital, in-marriage relationship, in work, outside work relationships, all in a tight ship. Not often seen in films. A-, i gave it a minus because of it quirkyness, and yes its better than a B+ because it somehow managed to twist its quirkeness into an advantage, and it did it well.
Good acting in it too. Id say 1 or 2 of their actors is going to hit bigtime within 2 years, guess which one.
See it.

Saw Wreck-it Ralph - it's just meh.

I don't know if I should get Rise of the Guardians, Hobbit (coming out next week), and Zero Dark Thirty (also coming out next week)...

Saw Wreck-it Ralph - it's just meh.

I don't know if I should get Rise of the Guardians, Hobbit (coming out next week), and Zero Dark Thirty (also coming out next week)...

seen all of it already , no wait, im watching second half of zero dark thirty tonight...

ROG, and Hobbit is kinda so and so, I like Wreck it Ralph better than all of it. funnier and simplier and more fun to watch and kick back , others are just try hards or over glossed, im sick of big budget films, creativitiy gets robbed by CGI's that just meh

The Clinic.

I think it's good movie, through women aren't suppose to fight and act after C-Section. lol. I suppose it is just movie, anyway. I enjoy it so far. :)

Full movie, like in a cinema? it was "Mamma Mia The Movie" in 2008. It was ok.

seen all of it already , no wait, im watching second half of zero dark thirty tonight...

ROG, and Hobbit is kinda so and so, I like Wreck it Ralph better than all of it. funnier and simplier and more fun to watch and kick back , others are just try hards or over glossed, im sick of big budget films, creativitiy gets robbed by CGI's that just meh

Thanks. I'm bit skeptical on Hobbit because I disliked Lord of the Rings trilogy because they bored me to death. It’s not the first Peter Jackson movie that I felt bored – I thought King Kong is bored movie. *shrug*

Thanks. I'm bit skeptical on Hobbit because I disliked Lord of the Rings trilogy because they bored me to death. It’s not the first Peter Jackson movie that I felt bored – I thought King Kong is bored movie. *shrug*

Lord of the Rings - I agree, it's so so boring!
But King Kong - Ahh really? Cause I think it's a fantastic movie!

It's cool that you liked it. I thought the King Kong CGI is amazing, but I felt the story moved way too slow. That probably reason why I found it boring.

I noticed that my taste of movie are depended on how it made and how good character(s) is. There are several directors I disliked - as for an example: Peter Jackson usually made long movies and usually boring to me; J.J. Abrams usually made all characters I hate (I hate all Lost characters, Star Trek, and few others)...

Well... maybe I'm too picky. lol

i agree King Kong was fun, ok predictable but it wasnt stretched out boring, it was moving along, minimal lags between events and actions and the chasm bit with giant insects is quite scary....i like it
and the cannibals...fortress was cool too

Antiviral...
a fresh angle in the horror-syfy genre...
here's takein from IMDb...they wrote it good...and i cant agree more
goes like this
This one is pretty rough. Antiviral is a slow paced, very serious and very bizarre type of horror film. The subject matter is very interesting because we are all guilty of obsession over celebrities, but the idea of being the level of obsessed in this film is nauseating. I was actually gagging through the whole 2 hours of film. The lead actor, Caleb Laudry Jones, was brilliant. So much so, that you forget what's going on because you're mesmerized by his performance. Overall, its a pretty good sci-fi/horror type of film, the horror coming mainly from the theme of society and our worshiping of celebrities.

and..

id give it an A...bit long and bit biting...not so bloody but there are a few really icky stuffs which worked well to make you more uncomfortable which is really what this type of film supposed to do. It does it well.
I like it. while it made me feel flaky..go on, .dare to see it.

Saw ROG yesterday... It did put me sleep twice. lol

Hey ADers' i reckon the actor, Caleb Laudry Jones, going to go big time to stardom, watch out for him, my guest is that Antiviral is his big break..brillient performance..

he can ACT.

It's cool that you liked it. I thought the King Kong CGI is amazing, but I felt the story moved way too slow. That probably reason why I found it boring.

I noticed that my taste of movie are depended on how it made and how good character(s) is. There are several directors I disliked - as for an example: Peter Jackson usually made long movies and usually boring to me; J.J. Abrams usually made all characters I hate (I hate all Lost characters, Star Trek, and few others)...

Well... maybe I'm too picky. lol

Nothing wrong with being picky. It's how you enjoy movies. My friend didn't like my favorite zombie movie Dawn of the Dead 1978 because he hated too humany looking zombies with blue skin. I personally think the good story makes up for that.

I thought it was interesting that you hate all J.J. Abrams' characters. I liked the kids in Super 8; the main character's father is annoying though.

I think long movies tend to be boring, too. The weird part is I enjoy watching sequels and one hour episode tv shows, but movies that are over 3 hours? I always went, "Dang! When is it gonna end?"

Back