What was the last movie you watched?

wtf for wtf? erm i dont think id watch it thst soon, id wait till it goes to the $1 week slots...

No, it seems you value her opinion. Do you guys have common taste in movies that her rating for PA4 made you surprised? Just wondering why are you surprised...

I assumed you thought the prequels sucked (I think they're okay but unnecessary.) Did you know the first movie was made with incredibly low budge and managed to make millions once it hit theaters? If there wasn't a shocked audience shown in the trailer like they did with The Ring, I wonder would the movie be as popular?

...no...pets ,and have zombies racing, like greyhounds

As long as the zombies are fast runners because if they ain't, it'll take forever to see who wins and in addition the audience could lose their voices from constant shouting, "Run, zombie, run!"

As long as the zombies are fast runners because if they ain't, it'll take forever to see who wins and in addition the audience could lose their voices from constant shouting, "Run, zombie, run!"

not run fast, LIMP FAST LMAO:laugh2::laugh2:

This month..

Return to Me (9/10)
Ice (4/10)
My Dog Skip (8/10)
A Place Called Truth (3/10)
Rapid Fire (8/10)
Kundan (7/10)
The Hobbit (8/10)
Trouble with the Curve (9/10)
Road to Perdition (9/10)
Red Dawn/Remake (6/10)
The Imposter (9/10)
Liability (7/10)
Father and Scout (2/10)
The Collector (8/10)
The Collection (7/10)
John Woo's The Killer (10/10)
1,2,3, Frankie Go Boom (8/10)
Watch It (9/10)
Girls Against Boys (4/10)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (8/10)
Brassed Off (7/10)
Nostradamus (5/10)
Cracks (7/10)
Ruby Sparks (9/10)
Mars Attacks (5/10)
Batman (8/10)
She's All That (8/10)
Batman 2 (8/10)
S Diary (8/10)
Pee-wee's Big Adventure (10/10) - My favorite Tim Burton film
Argo (8/10)
The Man With the Iron Fists (8/10)
Happythankyoumoreplease (7/10)
Alexander the Last (7/10)
Peter and Vandy (6/10)
The Lie (6/10)
Sushi Girl (6/10)
Once Were Warriors
The Day (5/10)

The Day - Nothing original here. Seems like this type of story has been recycled (and only slightly modified) so many times within the last 5 years. I like how the movie has a duo-tone or almost washed out look but the CGI blood? UGH. Prob the worse usage I've seen since Mutant Chronicles. For fans of: Book of Eli, The Road, The Divide, and other survival style/post-apocalyptic films

The Imposter - Watch this ASAP!

The Man... Fists - I've been waiting for this as soon as the project was announced. There's been a lot of love/hate toward this project and sadly I think it's because of Eli Roth's involvement but despite the mixed reviews I thoroughly enjoyed this and plan to purchase it on BR. Throat rippin-eye ball poppin-cheesy fun in a B Movie sorta way. Lots of decapitations and some great cameos throughout the whole movie.

For fans of: Dragon Inn, Five Deadly Venoms, Big Trouble in Little China.

Ruby Sparks - This is eerily similar to Stranger Than Fiction but separates itself from that film by introducing a romance story. Somehow it works and is quite original in the end.

Once... Warriors - Is an immensly powerful, heartfelt heritage-driven movie and very brutal in an emotional sense. The acting was top notch and it delivers insight on the Maori people. This was a blind purchase (Paid 50 cents for it) and I couldn't be happier.

Argo is a blast. Affleck is seriously going to make a name for himself as one of our generations greatest directors. Looking forward to his upcoming material.

Happythankyoumoreplease. I decided to watch this after viewing Josh Radnor's Liberal Arts (His second film). While I prefer Liberal Arts, Radnor's directorial debut is easily recommendable. For fans of: It's Kind of a Funny Story, Garden State and The Art Of Getting By

Peace, Love, & Misunderstanding - Wonderful cast with top notch acting - Catherine Keener, Elizabeth Olsen, and Jane Fonda. I went into the movie not knowing anything about it and within 30 minutes, I was in complete awe. The chemistry between Olsen and the dude who plays her brother feels genuine and again, there's plenty of great performances here. This may be my favorite film I've watched this year. Of course, It's only February. For fans of: Into the Wild, Taking Woodstock, The Kids are Alright

Tiny Furniture is a low-budget indie gem from Lena Dunham. I caught wind of the movie when watching the documentary Side by Side with Keanu Reeves. The movie generated a lot of buzz because it was shot using a Canon EOS 7D (Google it!). Frankly, the blu-ray looks phenomenal and it's very awe inspiring knowing this film was shot using a a $1500 DSLR. Dunham created and currently stars in Girls which airs on HBO and it's received a number of awards (Emmy's, etc). I think I may download a few episodes. For fans of: Lost in Translation, Greenberg

S Diary - Is a Korean romantic comedy. Overall I would define it as "Good stuff". It was reviewed as 'raunchy' upon its release but that's only by Asian cinema standards. The film is pretty light (no nudity or vulgarity) but there's plenty of sexual innuendos throughout. The female protagonist is a blast to watch. The director only has two films under his belt - This and Sad Movie (2005). For fans of: High Fidelity

The Collection - I re-watched The Collector before going into the sequel. The first thing I noticed was The Collection has a much bigger budget and its evident from all the set pieces. This film waste no time getting the ball rollin and its pretty much non stop blood letting from start to finish. The ending was not really predictable but I can say I honestly saw it coming.

Last edited:
Sushi Girl,,id' give it a 7,
i do remmy John Woo's the Killer, that was a good film but old but it was good and memoriable.
yes i know a 7D , good camera, its getting popular for filmmaking, and shoulder .tripod rigs for DSLRs are booming in a big way. I got a rig too but with a mic and lights set that arent consumer, not prosumer, its Pro ie hi-end, such details make big differences in the captures.

Tiny Furniture is a low-budget indie gem from Lena Dunham. I caught wind of the movie when watching the documentary Side by Side with Keanu Reeves. The movie generated a lot of buzz because it was shot using a Canon EOS 7D (Google it!). Frankly, the blu-ray looks phenomenal and it's very awe inspiring knowing this film was shot using a a $1500 DSLR. Dunham created and currently stars in Girls which airs on HBO and it's received a number of awards (Emmy's, etc). I think I may download a few episodes. For fans of: Lost in Translation, Greenberg.

More films are start using DSLR - even Bollywood are using that. It can shoot in HD quality film and very cheap than real film camera.

Alrighty, it appears that I'm the only one who is noob when it comes to cameras.

The Collection - I re-watched The Collector before going into the sequel. The first thing I noticed was The Collection has a much bigger budget and its evident from all the set pieces. This film waste no time getting the ball rollin and its pretty much non stop blood letting from start to finish. The ending was not really predictable but I can say I honestly saw it coming.

Did you watch the first one on Blu-Ray? I've wanted to see it from day one and the DVD doesn't have either cc or subtitles. I check on Amazon just now and it doesn't mention if the blu Ray version have subtitles? Am I wrong? I really want to see that movie.

Alrighty, it appears that I'm the only one who is noob when it comes to cameras.

no need to say that, just because you dont know it doesnt mean you cant learn it.

Did you watch the first one on Blu-Ray? I've wanted to see it from day one and the DVD doesn't have either cc or subtitles. I check on Amazon just now and it doesn't mention if the blu Ray version have subtitles? Am I wrong? I really want to see that movie.

which movie??

american_mary_ver2.jpg

American Mary

&
&
&

aebd0b706098e92ca2f2513ccdd45b74.jpg

The First Time

I've been waiting to watch American Mary for awhile but I had to wait for proper English subtitles to uploaded - Anyhow, It's enjoyable. It's not mind blowing or anything but it's definitely worth watching. From the early posters, you would think its a bloodbath but there's really not a lot of gore. That happens, sometimes posters or movie trailers can be so misleading.

The First Time is really quirky and its a rare treat ultimately. It's a lot more intelligent than the majority of coming of age/romance teen comedies. The chemistry between the two main protagonist is fantastic and feels genuine.

Back