What type of toys that you wouldn't buy....

Angel

♥"Concrete Angel"♥
Premium Member
Reaction score
What type of toys that you wouldn't buy for your child and why?....

^Angel^ said:
What type of toys that you wouldn't buy for your child and why?....

Well, *I* would probably buy this, but I've been told if I buy anymore Elmo dolls for the children, my sister will destroy my keyboard! So, I guess I'm not buying anymore of those this year. lolol

Nothing spooky or bloody.
No Harry Potter or Pokemon.
No D & D games.
No video games. (they have too many already)

Reason: prefer classic board games, outdoor sport games, toys that use imagination and creativity (Legos, crafts, science experiments), and books.

Reba,

What is wrong with Pokemon and Harry Potter?

Cheri said:
Reba,
What is wrong with Pokemon and Harry Potter?
I am just saying that I wouldn't buy them. That is my personal preference. I don't like items that are related to witchcraft or spiritism. I also wouldn't buy anything that the kids' parents don't approve of.

I would not buy

PC games with voilence/aggressive
weapons

Why? Because it could be bad influence on children.

BARBIES!

I refuse, refuse, refuse and refuse to buy my girls Barbies.

:barf: at Barbies - they do not represent what a womankind should be. They represent plastics, period.

I wouldn't give my children barbies or dolls or anything related to girls because my children are boys. :)

i wouldn't get my kids GUNS.. or fake weapon-like items
no violence games
no barney
no boohbahh
no teletubbies
and frankly no cars.. he had enough with cars.. he would just throw them up the wall and hit himself on his head or something else.. no thanks :D

Cheri said:
I wouldn't give my children barbies or dolls or anything related to girls because my children are boys. :)
well... my point of view.. and my option on having boys with dolls.. is a good influence for them.. in learning how to take care of kids when they get older.. i grew up having 2 dolls.. a doll of a baby and a doll of a kid.. and its a good influence to me.
and no.. i'm not embarrased about it cuz i'm only like 4 or 5 yrs old that time.

I hate those small pieces toys, they are easy to lose and they tend end up under your sole of feet, making you wince and hop all over and screaming "WTF?!"

I wouldn't want my youngest choke on them...toys such as micro cars, pets,,,they are making everything smaller...... :eek2:

Meg said:
BARBIES!

I refuse, refuse, refuse and refuse to buy my girls Barbies.

:barf: at Barbies - they do not represent what a womankind should be. They represent plastics, period.
I loved my Barbies. I never thought about them representing women. I just played with them to have adventure stories. Of course, when I had Barbie, it wasn't all pink. :) I like the historical Barbies, like the Pilgrim, Queen Elizabeth I, Cleopatra, pioneer woman, and the career Barbies, like military, nurse. Not really interested in the fashion outfits.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
well... my point of view.. and my option on having boys with dolls.. is a good influence for them.. in learning how to take care of kids when they get older.. i grew up having 2 dolls.. a doll of a baby and a doll of a kid.. and its a good influence to me.
and no.. i'm not embarrased about it cuz i'm only like 4 or 5 yrs old that time.

I have never heard of that before I find that really werid, because you don't learn how to raise children by buying a doll for a boy. You're the first person I ever know that play with dolls when younger and I know a lot of good fathers out there who doesn't play with dolls when younger. If that helps you then it helps you but that doesn't mean it will help others out there.;)

DeafSCUBA98 said:
i wouldn't get my kids GUNS.. or fake weapon-like items
no violence games
no barney
no boohbahh
no teletubbies
and frankly no cars.. he had enough with cars.. he would just throw them up the wall and hit himself on his head or something else.. no thanks :D

Barney and Teletubbies are not bad for kids/todders, What if you son likes barney I heard alot of kids/todders love Barney and Teletubbies.

Reba said:
I loved my Barbies. I never thought about them representing women. I just played with them to have adventure stories. Of course, when I had Barbie, it wasn't all pink. :) I like the historical Barbies, like the Pilgrim, Queen Elizabeth I, Cleopatra, pioneer woman, and the career Barbies, like military, nurse. Not really interested in the fashion outfits.

Youre right, Reba. I did have a few Barbies while growing up in 70's but unfortunately, Barbies come in very sexy outfits these days. Most of toys or clothes geared at tweens (8 to 12) are too sexy. The Barbies I had while as a kid was much more realistic.

I dont want my girls to get ideas that they need to be sexy in order to be successful these days.

DeafSCUBA98 said:

I think that was GREAT! Boys need to learn how to nurture so that they can grow into nurturing and caring parents one day. I don't find it odd.

I wouldn't buy any toys or games that imitate violence. I also don't like toys with lots of small pieces, because my toddler will find them and try to eat them. Other than that, I don't have any objections to other toys.

I did refuse to buy the Bratz dolls for my daughter for a long time because they look too trashy and I don't like the name (like promoting Bratty behaviour), but I did give in after she would just go play with her friends' Bratz anyway. She's a wonderful little girl and has not been negatively affected by playing with them.

My son is just a toddler, but if he wanted a feminine toy, I would get it for him. I know all my male cousins liked playing dress-up and tea parties for a phase when they were growing up. And I used to like to play in the dirt and build forts with the boys too.

You guys have good ones!!

For myself,

I wouldn't buy my children any toy guns or any other weapons only watergun is fine....

Back