What should I get for Xmas?

Taurus

Reaction score
I know I'm too old for xmas but my parents are still giving me xmas gifts that I ask for. (i'm 20 now) I decides that I should get something that I will need for future such as cooking supplies, vacuum, and else. My parents told me that they will pay something up to 200 dollars.. no more than 200 dollars.

So my question is what should I get first?

I noticed that cooking supply set are kinda expensive (i want stainless steel) but ill wait for next year.
I dont want tools to fix cars or else yet.

any ideas for me? share with me please.. thanks!

i would agree with you,taurus

im too old get gifts! but i do get gifts cards what i got whatevers im really like to shopping whatever i chose to! include barnes&nobles,walmart,bestbuy,etc.

DAnggggg u get 200 buxs for Xmas pressie. Yu lucky beggar!!

Wise to get something that u can have for long term such as what u mention such as vacuum but how about using that money for a deposit on those cooking equipment on the ones u want so badly and pay it off slowly. That one idea.

DAnggggg u get 200 buxs for Xmas pressie. Yu lucky beggar!!

Wise to get something that u can have for long term such as what u mention such as vacuum but how about using that money for a deposit on those cooking equipment on the ones u want so badly and pay it off slowly. That one idea.

Good idea,

I talked to my parent few minutes ago that I shouldnt get vacuum yet because if I dont use it for 3 years and i cant take it back if it isnt working. :hmm:

She told me that she will find cheap good quality of stainless pots (wolfgang punk) for 100 dollars or less.

I also might will get some cooking supplies such as cutting board and else.. (she dont want to buy these stuff yet till I get home from school on thanksgiving break and go hunting with me on black friday to see what I want :D )

20, eh? I'm 21 and never too old to get christmas presents! Think it over, what things do you really want? If you are living in a apartment or whatnot. Stuff for the house is a good start. For me, it would be the trip to Japan where my family and are going to for christmas and the new year. :) Have fun thinking...!

20, eh? I'm 21 and never too old to get christmas presents! Think it over, what things do you really want? If you are living in a apartment or whatnot. Stuff for the house is a good start. For me, it would be the trip to Japan where my family and are going to for christmas and the new year. :) Have fun thinking...!

I'm still living in dorm (i'm college student, fyi)

I'm just preparing ahead of my life without going to face some money issues again lol

If u are thinking where I'll put stuff that I will not use them.. I'll just leave my stuff in my room in my parents' house till I get my degree or move to apt.

Japan? damn u are lucky! i wanna go there!

Linen, towels
Kitchen appliances
Cooking equipment

Something to liven up your room?

If for the future home, why not a nice tableware set?

Instead of storing your gifts until you move out why don't you have them create an account and place 200 dollars? Not in your name if you aren't sure about leaving it alone, then have them make a check to buy stuff for your home when you move out.

I mean, what if you have a defective thing that you don't use then you can't refund it later? Duh!

Anyway, you're not too old to get x-mas gifts from your parents. I still get them lol. I think you're too old if it's like your grandma or aunt, uncles, etc. unless they want to give you a gift because they feel like it.

I know that it's a more almost foolish idea,
but what about a Nintendo DS?
I'm 24 and me and my girlfriend both have them.
They're so fun!
Maybe we're both just nerds...
haha

I'm still living in dorm (i'm college student, fyi)

I'm just preparing ahead of my life without going to face some money issues again lol

If u are thinking where I'll put stuff that I will not use them.. I'll just leave my stuff in my room in my parents' house till I get my degree or move to apt.

Japan? damn u are lucky! i wanna go there!

Ahh, apologises for the assumption, Taurus. Hope the college life is treating you good! :)

Yeah, Japan! Two months left to go.

think anything that you really need for yourself or your place.

im 26 and still getting christmas presents from my 'rents n relatives. Its always thoughtful of them and yes, i do give to 'em too.

Thats why i have to buy stuffs from the now to Christmas, than spend the last minutes shops.

Instead of storing your gifts until you move out why don't you have them create an account and place 200 dollars? Not in your name if you aren't sure about leaving it alone, then have them make a check to buy stuff for your home when you move out.

I mean, what if you have a defective thing that you don't use then you can't refund it later? Duh!

Anyway, you're not too old to get x-mas gifts from your parents. I still get them lol. I think you're too old if it's like your grandma or aunt, uncles, etc. unless they want to give you a gift because they feel like it.

:hmm: I'll have to discuss about that with my parents.. they dont like to give me 200 dollars in cash.. they perfer to give me items.. not cash..

thanks for sharing ur opinion

I know that it's a more almost foolish idea,
but what about a Nintendo DS?
I'm 24 and me and my girlfriend both have them.
They're so fun!
Maybe we're both just nerds...
haha

Nintendo DS is a "need" or "want?" it's more like "want" item..

and second of all, I dont play video games..

I'm a girl if you didnt know.. (yes I know girls can play video games but not for me)

think anything that you really need for yourself or your place.

im 26 and still getting christmas presents from my 'rents n relatives. Its always thoughtful of them and yes, i do give to 'em too.

Thats why i have to buy stuffs from the now to Christmas, than spend the last minutes shops.

Eh, I hate last minute shopping lol.. :shock:

Never say "I'm too old for Xmas presents"... :D

How could I offer my suggestion when I didn't know what you really need...?

What you really need then pick it then...

Get a hope chest. That is a good idea so that you can put your future thing in the chest to hold it for your future. My cousin did that once and it really works.

I just find out that Iron pots> kitchen supply more healthy than stainless steel ,nonstick or other!!:)

Back