Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Institute

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
F

FreeWoman77

What difference? which one and why u are going to?

I am going to Institute but I notice studying there for 3 yrs, at University for 4 yrs and community college for 2 yrs, huh? :/

I would go to a community college because it's more flexible and easier to enter also cheaper, too.

That's because you get different degrees from each school. A community college offers you an Associate's degree, whereas universities give you a Bachelor's degree.

The Bachelor's degree is what they call the "magic degree" -- you get far more job and career opportunities if you have one.

^^not always. It depends what kind of jobs/majors that you're attending at the college.

Institute there is Bachelor's, also Associate's as well

I just read the whole forum, Deaf Education, last night, I got it, not all Universities, Institutes and Colleges same everything what they're looking for major in, but I just interested why different years if I go to Uni for 4 yrs and the Art Institute for 3 yrs, both same have Bachelor's

Sequioas, yeah, I was told I can go community college for 2 yrs then transfer to University more 2 yrs :dunno: I am new to USA, in Ukraine deaf ppl doesnt go any schools at all just graduated HS then to start working :aw:

Thanks everyone above :wave:

Better go to Community college frist it'll take 2 years degree but depend what kind major you wanna be in few years.. before you can transfer to univ college full 4 years with match ur major either not.. bec community college is more cheaper money than univ college. If i were in you i wuld go to community college frist then i can transfer univ any state depend how much cost any state for 4 yrs

LovelyBlkGal said:
Better go to Community college frist it'll take 2 years degree but depend what kind major you wanna be in few years.. before you can transfer to univ college full 4 years with match ur major either not.. bec community college is more cheaper money than univ college. If i were in you i wuld go to community college frist then i can transfer univ any state depend how much cost any state for 4 yrs

Oic, community college cheaper, I couldnt find neither community college nor Art Institute shown costs online :/

Art Istitutes are more expensive than community colleges from what I've seen. I believe.

I went to Unversity frist and then gone to community college. It is matter how long you go to any college but it will be less years where you go. Like I went to one year for Unversity then go to two years community. I am near to get the degree in two more years. That is depends.... If you go to school for ART for 2 then get the certificate and go to college for 2 then the degree.... Unversity -- wow, it will be good for MA right there.

Mmmmm....

Well, not everybody can do an AA just in two years or a BA just in four years... the university does offer a four-year layout for a BA like the community college offers a two-years plan but it DEPENDS on the person who is commited to the degree. It has taken one person seven years to get an AA. Another, 12 years to get BA. So it depends on the student entirely. And don't worry-- it is not always LONGER... some people finish their degrees earlier. I am finishing my BA earlier a semester than predicted. Just a semester, yes but an accomplishment!

For what I want to do, I'd have to go to a four-year college. However, not everyone fits into that category. 4-year universities aren't the answer for everyone, nor are two year; however, I do feel it is important to attend some sort of post-secondary institute of learning.

my experiences have included:

• Vocational schools (known also as trade schools or technical education centers)
  • 2-year community colleges
  • 4-year universities

The hours at vocational school are more like high school, starting at 8am, finishing at 3pm. Votech is good for developing lots of visual, hands on skills like auto collison, bricklaying, fashion designing, hairdressing, tilesetting, carpentry, some computer skills, etc... certificates are presented after 1/2 year to 2 years of completion. The pre-construction program I took was much harder than I thought at first, for it required 3-week-long projects and going out to do research at different stores and job shadowing, but overall it's a much more involved experience than the university setting. Looking for a job soon? While jobs obtained with a certificate may not be as high-paying as university diploma jobs, you can find something you enjoy and start a job in a shorter time for more money if that is the extent of your educational plans. However, usually the courses are non-transferrable to other colleges or universities for degree purposes.

2-year-community colleges offer courses at cheaper costs than most 4-year-universities. The courses can be easier, but this is not always the case. The hours of your class are more flexible, depending on the times of day of the class. One pro of a community college is that you pursue an associate's degree to transfer it to an university (4 or more years educational institution), but one con of a community college is that there are no dorms or residence halls and no Greek organizations like in the university setting. Classes are usually easier and costs are typically more budget-friendly, so this is a great choice for people who want to get the feel for the university setting without too much pressure during their underclassmen years.

4-year-or-more universities require more intensive studying once the core requirements have been completed. Lots of professors may have PhDs and be more selective in their grading processes. You get to choose a minor and/or major, depending on your educational goals. There are more student organizations and more academic services available. But time management takes some practice and it's important so be sure you're prepared. The professors like to make their classes hard so they can find the motivated students. But university degrees can land you a better job than a votech certificate or a community college associate degree, since the companies focus their attention on hiring students who have completed 4+ years of education.

Each individual differs on his or her own preferences. Some people find that one to two years at a votech or community college is enough to land a reasonable well-paying job. Some people get lucky and get really good jobs early on. But a university degree gives you a higher chance of getting a better job.

general rule Associate degree is 2 years
BA is 4 years
BS is 4 years
diploma can be less than 2 years.

on a average full-time enrollee of 16 credits per sesmester.

many students prefer community college for the first 2 years because they're much more cheaper than university for the first 2 years. then transfer credits to university to finish the last 2 years for BS or BA degree or more for MD, PHD, MA, list goes on.

My opinion - it depends on what you are looking for, what profession you wish to enter, where you live, your income, and how well the school/institute you are investigating will meet your needs.

I plan to attend Northern Alberta Institute of Technology next year.

It all depend on the school, and major

I am at my fourth college, since i had a hard time deciding what i wanted to do with my life, plus one place said i didnt need interpreter. please. now i am at a universty getting my B.S. in human services :bsflag:

I'm not in America, so this might not be the case for you, but here the options you have of educational systems not only provides different qualifications, but also variations in the ways you learn.

For instance, universities tend towards the academical and thereotical, whereas other places offer more hands-on learning methods.

I've known people who are very intelligent, literate and capable, yet they struggle at universities because the teaching methods doesn't suit them.

Thanks everyone, since my English poor my thought better for me to go community college easy for me :dunno: I am looking for major in Graphic/web/multi-media design, at Art Institute of Seattle for 3 yrs for BA, community college for 2 yrs for AA then may transfer to University for BA in another 2 yrs, or just go to University for 4 yrs for BA. I think I would have gone to community college for my ESL and Mathematics, should I? I am not good to them then my drawing, making cool things/frames/crafts I was told at my work they're amazed.

I'm going to NTID after pass the CAHSEE, that's hard state exam. :(

I'm not sure for right now but I want be web design/graphic design.

You can contact the AFL - CIO for more information on:

Apprenticeship job training and certification

http://www.aflcio.org/aboutus/unions/

I plan to get a job with apprenticeship training then be certified in about 8 months to 1 year, depending on which job you want and union backed paychecks are much better than non-union backed paychecks.

Of course, I will want to go to G.U. or NTID for 4 years.

University for me... I plan on going back to University soon in the future... Hopefully at University of Georgia...

Back