What Qwerty phone do you recommend?

If anyone didn't know, I already have a new phone since 2 months, AT&T 8525 with TAP which is only $30 a month plus tax for unlimited data and 5,000 text messages.

That is a really an old link. I only want to see the iphone in real llife once it comes out in public.

Oh boy! That's out-of-date - I didn't pay attention to the date. We will find it out when it comes out in public. We gotta not be spoiled. :whistle: :nana:

Sequoias how is that Nokia E62 holding out??

I am seriously considering a QWERTY phone because there are times that I am in a noisy restaurant or buisness and I am not able to understand the waiter or waitress, so I would like to have one so that I can type out what I want to order to the waiter/waitress and there is less confusion as to what I want.

Also the unlimited data and 5,000 texts would be ideal since sometimes I cannot understand the person very clearly on the phone (too staticky) or I just plain cannot hear them and it sounds like they are mumbling over the phone.

Since I live in a very rural area do you think there is a chance that the E62 phone with the TAP plan would work well for me??

hi Dixie, PM me if u give me your zip code and i ll find it for you and let you know how it is with the network, ok ?

Sequoias how is that Nokia E62 holding out??

I am seriously considering a QWERTY phone because there are times that I am in a noisy restaurant or buisness and I am not able to understand the waiter or waitress, so I would like to have one so that I can type out what I want to order to the waiter/waitress and there is less confusion as to what I want.

Also the unlimited data and 5,000 texts would be ideal since sometimes I cannot understand the person very clearly on the phone (too staticky) or I just plain cannot hear them and it sounds like they are mumbling over the phone.

Since I live in a very rural area do you think there is a chance that the E62 phone with the TAP plan would work well for me??

http://www.alldeaf.com/deaf-products-technologies/40461-nokia-e62-review.html

I already posted review of it long time ago.

I don't have it anymore and I have a cingular 8525 right now.

Thanks Sequoias, I have read your review in the link. Is the Cingular 8525 any better?? I just want a QWERTY phone that is going to be able to withstand use and abuse for a long time (think years). The 8525 looks very sleek and not too big like it fits nicely in your pocket like a regular phone. And it also looks like it offers more features for about the same price as the e62.

Thanks Sequoias, I have read your review in the link. Is the Cingular 8525 any better?? I just want a QWERTY phone that is going to be able to withstand use and abuse for a long time (think years). The 8525 looks very sleek and not too big like it fits nicely in your pocket like a regular phone. And it also looks like it offers more features for about the same price as the e62.

I also own a 8525 and it is indeed a nice pda phone. I have gotten data almost everywhere I go and all the small town I went to.

I will be using it for a long time to go until they come out with something like iphone with Windows Mobile on it cuz of the applicaitons avaiable for it.

As for the abuse, I use a metal case to inclosed it inside and put it in my pocket because I am always banging on myself when working. So far the metal case have held up pretty well.

You're welcome, Dixie. I do hope it lasts, LOL. This is my 2nd 8525, since the first one died (no power, nothing) when I dropped it ONE time. It really pissed me off, LOL. I got it exchanged and they didn't even suspect anything.
I told them that it died on me. It's a nice phone though. I don't think it's going to like the abuse because I feel like it's a fragile piece of technology. I believe Sidekick 2 is much more solid. One time, my gf was SO mad at her friend and she threw the sidekick 2 on the floor and it bounced and flew across the room over 15 ft away and it still worked. I was like o O (!) like, I was no way!

Nokia E62 is free to $150 depending what seller sell them. I just don't like it. I wish it was better, though.

You're welcome, Dixie. I do hope it lasts, LOL. This is my 2nd 8525, since the first one died (no power, nothing) when I dropped it ONE time. It really pissed me off, LOL. I got it exchanged and they didn't even suspect anything.
I told them that it died on me. It's a nice phone though. I don't think it's going to like the abuse because I feel like it's a fragile piece of technology. I believe Sidekick 2 is much more solid. One time, my gf was SO mad at her friend and she threw the sidekick 2 on the floor and it bounced and flew across the room over 15 ft away and it still worked. I was like o O (!) like, I was no way!

Nokia E62 is free to $150 depending what seller sell them. I just don't like it. I wish it was better, though.

WOW i didnt know that u did break your first 8525. i drop my 8125 a thousand times and i still count. :) it is still solid with many scars and works very well. maybe it was a perfect spot on 8525 to kill easily. :(

WOW i didnt know that u did break your first 8525. i drop my 8125 a thousand times and i still count. :) it is still solid with many scars and works very well. maybe it was a perfect spot on 8525 to kill easily. :(

Yeah, maybe it hit some weak spot and it died on the first drop. I dropped the 2nd one accidently and it still works. Odd phone.

Yeah, maybe it hit some weak spot and it died on the first drop. I dropped the 2nd one accidently and it still works. Odd phone.

maybe it is time for us to get the PDA chains attached to our belts so we wont drop them onto floors often. lol.

maybe it is time for us to get the PDA chains attached to our belts so we wont drop them onto floors often. lol.

One thing I'm missing, no hoiser. I didn't buy one yet. lol. I just put it in the pocket. Maybe, I'll buy one next month.

I drop Nokia 6800 like over 100 times and it finally weak on antenna into small range to get. argh...

6820 is most tough, I must drop much as 200 times. And still alive and kick :o

aren't GSM bit different? I do recall there are two different band - 850 and 900 mhz

Why worry? Most new mobile have Quadband.

GSM networks have four different frequency ranges.

1900mhz, 1800mhz, 900mhz,and 850mhz.

1900mhz/1800 are better than 900/850mhz for battery life.

My father tested with power supply with muilt meter for CMDA and GSM
before. It's interesting. Yeah. I used repair mobile before.

Back