What Job or Career are you in?

I work in a county crime lab. I am a Forensic Chemist in the Controlled Substance Laboratory. All illegal drugs or narcotics are submitted to our lab and we analyze those drugs/narcotics and find exactly what they are. I also testify in court as Expert Witness. I used to work LabCorp for 6 years in the drug testing laboratory. Got tired of looking at urine samples all day. hahaha.

I find that a fascinating job! How do one get about to recieve training or education for this?

After becoming totally deaf, I worked full time as a beekeeper. After I "retired" earlier this year, I still work some nights moving bees from place to place for plant pollination, but mostly I now write a novel and use past teaching and writing skills to edit manuscripts for other writers.

Oh that is a neat job :) Have you seen the Bee Story ? I would love to see it but waiting for it to be open captioned.

I won't bee able to bee seein' Bee Story 'til it's out in DVD with subtitles. Anxious to see it, though.

I don't have a job or a career but being a divorced mom right now at this moment. That is my 24/7 job. I know I need to make up my mind what do I really want to do with my life. The problem is the answer haven't come to me yet. I'm hoping in time the answer will come to me. :)

I have many jobs. I am a mom most importantly. My other job is teaching ASL at a local school. My third job is working with and helping people in the Deaf community build successful businesses through Melaleuca. It's awesome to see people who struggle financially finally begin to earn good money and feel good about what they make.

I have been teaching for several years and working with Melaleuca for several months.

accountant?

Oh wow everyone seem to have interesting job! Well I'm 20 years old but look like 14 cuz I'm very short and skinny lol anyways I'm currently on ssi blah I know, but at first I wanted to be hairstylist in high end salon until I started doing volunteer work recently about 3 weeks ago in office and I start to really like the job so I'm seriously thinking about going to college to get AA degree in accounting. I want to know if anyone is accountant and tell me if you like it and example of what company or whatever that hire accountant? Do all accountant have own cubicle? I know how to do some accounting already cuz my bf's mom is one and taught me some and let me do some of her work when I volunteer to help with work for everyone. And how much do you earn per hours? Hope someone answer this questions cuz it would help me so much to know where I'm going as soon I graduate college like where to go to apply for job. Thanks :)

I work in a county crime lab. I am a Forensic Chemist in the Controlled Substance Laboratory. All illegal drugs or narcotics are submitted to our lab and we analyze those drugs/narcotics and find exactly what they are. I also testify in court as Expert Witness. I used to work LabCorp for 6 years in the drug testing laboratory. Got tired of looking at urine samples all day. hahaha.

That's cool what courses did you take to get into this?? as I'm planning on taking online courses to be a Medical Lab Tech or Chem Tech, right now I am taking up Medical Terminology for Health Professionals as it's a tough course to remember the spelling and terminology.....

do you have any advice for me as I'm having trouble finding good online courses to take up such as into to sciences?? with appreciation.

I work as an ASL teacher at Oldfields school for girls in Sparks, MD. I also have a home business that teams up with a company called Melaleuca. love their products because they are healthy for my kids and safe for the environment. I have 2 children, one is 4 years old and my other one is almost one month old. He is still in hospital NICU.

I am a teacher for the deaf.

Tracie..what's wrong with your baby? Hope your baby is ok.

I am a Project Architect specializing in religious and medial facilities and mixed-use projects. This year, my workload is very heavy and my office is understaffed. I mostly work on evenings and weekends to meet deadlines. They are going to hire 3 or 4 drafters by end of this year. My firm is very busy!!

I have been a copier technician for 12 years till just few months ago. I quit that and am working at Walmart for now. I plan to go to college in 2009. I want to study Aerospace Engineering or Mechacial Engineering in Austin, Tx.

Wow, I loved to read about everything that everyone else is doing! Good on ya all! As for me, I am an SEO Consultant and run my own business, employing 7 of my own staff. (Staff is Deaf and hearing mixed, and all sign proficiently!)

SEO is very exciting and also pretty 'new' so there are always opportunities for others to have their very own SEO companies and not so much worry about a lot of competition.

It's my favorite thing to do in the world, so I feel very grateful to do a job that I love, for an amazing boss - me. :)

Hope more Deaf will post to here. I love to see all the diversity in careers, jobs, and interests.

I worked in the Royal Automobile Club of Queensland in the Insurance Claims Department as a clerk typist for 7.5 years before having 3 children. The most predominant duty was typing up claims cheques/checks from vehicle accidents.

Then, was a homemaker, raising the children for 14 years before attending an office course to brush up my skills. Employed again in a couple of Insurance companies as a data entry office worker for 5 years before falling ill with ‘vertigo’ and have been home-bound for the last 7 years. Hoping to get a home job doing data entry. :fingersx:

I work in the poultry processing industry - my company is sub-contracted to Tyson.

I am self-employed, sign language interpreter:)

I'm a car prep for Enterprise rent a car and currently looking for a second job to get extra money.

I am a software engineer for Astronautics. I've been working there for over 2 months already. I just graduated from Arizona State University last December.

I am a software engineer for Astronautics. I've been working there for over 2 months already. I just graduated from Arizona State University last December.

ASU alumni here! :)

I am a student but i work part time at a bank as a customer service rep (teller) :). It's not too bad most of the time...but then i get ppl with heavy accents, but i usually just get my supervisor to help me out with what the customer wants. Also it's a struggle sometimes cuz i work at a big branch and we get alot of customers so sometimes it gets reallyy noisy..but then i turn a program on my ha..but i haven't tried it yet! lol..

Back