What Job or Career are you in?

I am a software engineer for Astronautics. I've been working there for over 2 months already. I just graduated from Arizona State University last December.

Holy Moly, that's amazing and sounds pretty complicated! Hope you enjoy it! Wow! :bowlol:

I dont have a job now but Im seeking deaf-owned home based businesses. I heard alot about Melabuddies and it is very good. I think I will join them. Any feedback?

LOL What makes it pathetic?! You got folks trembling to give you money every month! :D

lol not really, I have to pay for the monthly payment on the property and I even live on that property. It's just that it's something I don't want to be, it's kinda long story. :)

I dont have a job now but Im seeking deaf-owned home based businesses. I heard alot about Melabuddies and it is very good. I think I will join them. Any feedback?

Melabuddies is an MLM program, which is fine with that. There are truly legitimate MLM programs. However, a 'business' like this is very hard to succeed at. You need to bother your friends and family (and sometimes strangers) to sign up under you or you won't make any money.

It's all about recruitment.

The minute the people under you stop (or get tired of) buying, you stop getting money. (Assuming that you can get people to buy the Mela products in the first place).

Also, there is really no way to retire from this type of business. The minute you stop pushing others to purchase these products, the minute your income drops/dissolves.

Again, IF you can get people to purchase it.

The Mela products are EXCELLENT, however, you have to pay them a set $$$ fee every month (or order your own products from them up to a set fee, and so do your friends when they sign up under you)

Can I suggest you strongly do you research for other home-based businesses out there, and avoid the Get Rich Quick mentality.

There are lots of opportunities out there, without spending not one dime.

If you do it correctly. :)

I do hope this helps. I hate to see other Deaf get scammed, disappointed, and downright suckered.

Last edited:
lol not really, I have to pay for the monthly payment on the property and I even live on that property. It's just that it's something I don't want to be, it's kinda long story. :)

Yes, I know it can be difficult to be a Landlord. Sorry about this.

But remember, you don't have to do it forever! :)

TJDeaf,

This is NOT a MLM. I do not like them! MLM's make you pay so much upfront, and keep an inventory. Not us. You need not to bother everyone if they are not interested. I have a friend in Rochester who has been in this business FIVE YEARS, and still gets a sizeable check every month! She has done nothing further after getting 8 of her friends under her. Maybe more. The point here is she is no longer motivated to keep working due to many changes in her life. Not working but the money is still COMING to her. Why? The products are great! Everyone she signed up, keep ordering for only themselves! So TJ, please don't tell me you stop buying, the money stops coming. That is not true. Only if there is NOBODY under you buying. Put in a good foundation and get rolling.

Thank you for saying the products are excellent. They are! My Jon was against this, but changed his mind after using the products. He ate all of the cookies with our children within two days after they arrived at our door. He is a frugal guy. You do not get rich quick with this business but you can get a lot of money long term. You get what you put in. Research all you want. This is not the only business people can make money. Choose any business you like. Up to you. However........Please come to me or anyone in Melabuddies for accurate information. Is there a business you can set up without spending money? With my first business, I have had to spend thousands of dollars in the first place but nowadays, I just buy the food and prep and outta the door. Our average catering is over $500. for two hours's work. It is all well worth it. I will spend thousands more but will have a real secure foundation for many years to come as opposed to working for someone else.

Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. Just find out what you want to know.

Hey Island Breeze,

Thanks for your post and keeping it factual.

So TJ, please don't tell me you stop buying, the money stops coming. That is not true. Only if there is NOBODY under you buying. Put in a good foundation and get rolling.
LOL that's what I said. If there is nobody under you buying then your money stops coming.

That's great for your friend. I never said this isn't possible, I said it's very hard.

Mela is an MLM. There is nothing wrong with that.

I understand that Mela makes you regurgitate their quotes on What MLM is and why they are not.

However, anytime you pay someone on different levels, and I know Mela has up to 7 or 8 levels. That is MLM. Period.

There is nothing wrong with being called an MLM program. They do not all force you to stock your garage with hundreds of products. Again, this is simply a general and basic stereotyped-assumption from society. Not all MLMs require large purchases, nor carrying any stock. Some do, some don't. (Believe me, I really do know this. :) )

This is what Mela tells you to tell others so you can 'assure' your potential recruits that they are not being scammed. (I'm not saying it is a scam, I'm saying that when others feel it's a scam, you use this info to assure them it's not.)

The only reason why MLM in general gets a bad rep is because of the scammers who set up pyramid and matrix scams try to pass of their business as a legal MLM.

That's why MLM gets a bad name. Do you know there are lots of MLM registered with the BBB and they are legitimate?

See nothing wrong with MLM.

I'm only saying it can be very hard to keep your income up if those under you do not keep purchasing.

Although you said the same thing, anyway. :)

Research all you want. This is not the only business people can make money. Choose any business you like. Up to you.
Yep! This is pretty much what I said in the above post. :)

Please don't take offense. I'm happy when others are doing well with a program, but please know that it doesn't continue forever for 93% of those who sign up for these programs.

And to just do your research very carefully before giving your money to anyone person, group, or company.

That's all. :)

Last edited:
Melabuddies is an MLM program, which is fine with that. There are truly legitimate MLM programs. However, a 'business' like this is very hard to succeed at. You need to bother your friends and family (and sometimes strangers) to sign up under you or you won't make any money.
Hi there, DeafTJ, you are wrong. MelaBuddies is NOT an MLM program. I wouldn't have gotten myself into this business if it was a MLM program, not at all.

It's all about recruitment.

The minute the people under you stop (or get tired of) buying, you stop getting money. (Assuming that you can get people to buy the Mela products in the first place).

Also, there is really no way to retire from this type of business. The minute you stop pushing others to purchase these products, the minute your income drops/dissolves.

Again, IF you can get people to purchase it.
We are NOT pushing anyone to purchase, not at all.

The Mela products are EXCELLENT, however, you have to pay them a set $$$ fee every month (or order your own products from them up to a set fee, and so do your friends when they sign up under you)

Can I suggest you strongly do you research for other home-based businesses out there, and avoid the Get Rich Quick mentality.
We have never said it was a Get Rich Quick scheme. Show me where we have said it?

There are lots of opportunities out there, without spending not one dime.

If you do it correctly. :)

I do hope this helps. I hate to see other Deaf get scammed, disappointed, and downright suckered.

Who is saying that we are scamming other Deaf people? We are NOT scamming anyone at all. We are DEAF ourselves and the MelaBuddies website is owned by a Deaf person so why should we be scamming ourselves? ;)

Hey Island Breeze,

Thanks for your post and keeping it factual.

I try. When you have people under you, and they end up ordering. There is a 96 percent reorder rate. Of course, people drop out. Yet, with an reorder rate like that, you are going to get paid on everyone's orders! Look at us, we are getting paid on everyone's orders.

You were doing the same rebuttals to Tracie, and she has done her best trying to explain everything to you. I am glad she did that. I have tried to explain everything. You seem very against this......so suit yourself. Do what you want to do, and we each will do what we want to do.

No, I don't believe you but let's agree not to disagree.

Mela is registered with the BBB. I can go on and on about the fine points of this company. Again, agree to disagree and move on.

I am betting this post will go zoom within the hour!

That's the part I hate. I don't like bothering friends or strangers or even relatives to join. It's not traditional.

That's the part I hate. I don't like bothering friends or strangers or even relatives to join. It's not traditional.

Again, it is NOT a MLM program and we do not bother people to join. It is up to people whether or not they want to join. We do not push or force them to join. I hate MLM programs too ;)

Again, it is NOT a MLM program and we do not bother people to join. It is up to people whether or not they want to join. We do not push or force them to join. I hate MLM programs too ;)

I wasn't referring to you. :-P I was referring to MLM programs that are bothersome.

There is a 96 percent reorder rate.
This is because you have to purchase a certain amount of products a month.

So of course the rate is high because you are forced to purchase them.

I also never said that Mela was a scam.

I also never said that Mela was not in the BBB; I know they are.

I never disputed their products.

I also never said that I was against Mela.

Never said that.

I simply said:
1. This is an MLM program.

If you honestly and truly don't know this, then you'd do well to read up more on it, instead of blindly spouting off what Mela trainers tell you to say.

However, if you do really know this deep inside, then you insult our intelligence.

2. There is NOTHING WRONG WITH MLM programs. MLM programs can be legitimate.

I said this, too.

The only thing I said is that it can be very hard work and to do your research.

You don't have to get defensive over that.

Not at all.

Everything I said is the truth.

Look, I have an MA in Business and Internet Marketing; we studied every MLM program there was, in addition to everything else that goes with marketing and business.

I don't say these things to be mean or to try and diminish your recruits.

I honestly and simply suggested for others to do their research.

Ok? We can move on now, I was talking to the poster who asked about this program and not to any of you who scrounge off of recruiting Mela.

As long as you guys have the right to post your links to advertise your Mela groups, we have every right to respond to them.

There is nothing wrong with suggesting to others to simply do their research before giving their hard earned money to anyone or any company.

Lots of jobs out there that aren't traditional. Those are the fun ones. :)

If you don't bother these people (family/friends) to join, who else are you going to bother except for us on these forums? ;)

Island Gal,

One more thing. I am GLAD that yours is run by Deaf! Completely and happy!

There really is zero need for you to 'defend' Mela.

I already said their products are top notch.

My "rebuttals" (as you called them) weren't about the MLM program. Not was it about Mela.

I don't know how many more times I can say that there is nothing wrong with belonging to an MLM program.

My problem was: 1. misleading domain 2. lack of content on her site.

If you read again, you'll see those were my main points.

I never said Mela was a scam. I never said your group scams Deaf either.

Ok? And yep would like to move on and back to the topic of this thread.

You guys are my buddies, I don't want to argue over something silly.

(And I wasn't arguing, merely presenting the facts.)

Simply agree to disagree, but please know that I do know my stuff when it comes to business, marketing, and internet marketing.

I'd never spout crap, especially when I know something like this inside and out.

I'm only suggesting to do your homework first. :)

Back