What is Your Pet Peeve?

since i always keep batteries around my house for one thing or another, it's easy for me to keep spares when i need them.

I usually don't buy people things that require batteries. If I buy someone an electronic device, it usually has a rechargeable battery, in which case they can just charge it right there and then.

I always include batteries. In the gifts that requires them.

Nowadays a lot of electronics have a plug with rechargable batteries already.

Such as the DS and the Ipod.

i felt nauseated on christmas day and thought i might be coming down with something, but i'm fine now.

feel better soon!

Thanks. And to the others as well.

I laid down and took a nap. I'm feeling better now.

Now my pet peeve is I will be up half the night because I took a late nap.

My newest pet peeve in regards to batteries in electronic devices-

is when you are transferring files from your camera to your laptop via a USB cable and your camera battery decides to die halfway through the transfer.

My newest pet peeve in regards to batteries in electronic devices-

is when you are transferring files from your camera to your laptop via a USB cable and your camera battery decides to die halfway through the transfer.

that's interesting.... because USB cable has a power cable inside... meaning your camera would be "recharged" by USB. :hmm:

that's interesting.... because USB cable has a power cable inside... meaning your camera would be "recharged" by USB. :hmm:

That is what I thought as well.

I even use the USB cable to charge my BB times.

<laugh> I would be delighted if my parents didn't call me every five seconds. I know they're concerned but they've gone a little overkill on the "checking on me" department.

You and me on this department! :giggle:

my pet peeve are pharmacists who do not separate my meds (i take 7 different kinds) the way i request so that i can differentiate among them.

i'm able to identify a few meds by touch, but not all which is why i make this request in the first place.

my pet peeve are pharmacists who do not separate my meds (i take 7 different kinds) the way i request so that i can differentiate among them.

That must be so frustrating! I'm glad I only take one medication. Maybe you could show up to the store with braille labels and ask them to just put them on as they hand them to you?

That must be so frustrating! I'm glad I only take one medication. Maybe you could show up to the store with braille labels and ask them to just put them on as they hand them to you?

that's a good idea. i used to separate my meds by putting rubber bands around each bottle (for example, a single rubber band for one med, 2 rubber bands for a different med and so on) until i started taking too many of them to keep track. i'll give the braille labels a try. thanks! <smile>

Anytime. You could even consider keeping the same bottles with the labels on them and asking them to transfer, unless you think there is a hygiene issue with that.

Anytime. You could even consider keeping the same bottles with the labels on them and asking them to transfer, unless you think there is a hygiene issue with that.

i've thought about doing this before, but am concerned about hygiene. this probably wouldn't be an issue once a month, but doing so longer than that may not be a good idea.

Right. You could use the bottles two or three times and then relabel the new bottles.

I posted this peeve in another thread, but it's still my top especially with the Holiday in-law visits.

My father in-law likes to come to my house and turn off the CC when he watches our TV. Drives me f$%*$& nuts.

I'm hearing, and I like CC myself. I like it when I'm typing online because it is less distracting than sound for me.

That would drive me crazy.

My pet peeves are audist who put deaf children in restrictive educational environments.

Back