What is Your Pet Peeve?

Cc

Be careful with using CC too much when you can hear. My wife who has perfect hearing had her SRT significantly affected by always watching the TV with CC and no audio. Got so used to watching without sound, her brain started to forget what some words sounded like. Had to have therapy to correct it.It's rare but it can happen.

I posted this peeve in another thread, but it's still my top especially with the Holiday in-law visits.

My father in-law likes to come to my house and turn off the CC when he watches our TV. Drives me f$%*$& nuts.

Its your house. Its your TV. Tell him not to do that again.

When my two brothers, I and our families gather at our parents for Christmas, my younger brother ALWAYS requests to put Christmas music on. I tell my dad that the background noise interferes with my ability to hear and requests that the music be off. He always complies.

I posted this peeve in another thread, but it's still my top especially with the Holiday in-law visits.

My father in-law likes to come to my house and turn off the CC when he watches our TV. Drives me f$%*$& nuts.

Tell him it is your house and your rules and if he doesnt like it, "There's the door. "

And let the door smack him upside da head on his way out! :lol:

I'm the opposite. Seems like I am my hearing family members pet peeve, since I do not turn off the CC when I leave. :giggle:

when I get home they call me and ask me how do I turn the Damn thing off! :lol:

I am lucky, My family would turn it on when they see that I'm about to watch television with them. When I'm done, they turn it back off. I may have to remind them and they then quickly turn it on. No arguments or groaning or etc.

my pet peeve are hearies who talk so fast that you can't understand them when they leave a message on your answering machine. i use i711 to make phone calls, but don't know if they provide a call back number like nextalk. does anyone know? also, if i gave the ca my number, could they call it and tell me what is being said on my answering machine?

People that take photos every five seconds. "Wait--hold on--can you just stand over there? Smile! Move in a little closer..." Five seconds later. Repeat process.

Parents that force their kids to do activities to build up their CV.

Back