what is true love?

I can vividly remember falling in love with my first girlfriend when we were teens at summer camp..... I remember meeting her when I was fourteen and we always hung out together. Then I returned...I remember the first day when I ran into her near the tennis court. " Do you remember me?" " Of course I remember you...it's good to see you...maybe we'll be in the same soccer class again!" We renewed our friendship.... Fastforward two weeks and my Mo got crowned Indian Princess....I remember going up to her to hug her and getting a kiss on the cheek...it was then that I knew I was in love...we started hanging out all the time...I remember we used to sneak off to the primative during free time and make out. She was an amazing woman...

deafdyke said:
I can vividly remember falling in love with my first girlfriend when we were teens at summer camp..... I remember meeting her when I was fourteen and we always hung out together. Then I returned...I remember the first day when I ran into her near the tennis court. " Do you remember me?" " Of course I remember you...it's good to see you...maybe we'll be in the same soccer class again!" We renewed our friendship.... Fastforward two weeks and my Mo got crowned Indian Princess....I remember going up to her to hug her and getting a kiss on the cheek...it was then that I knew I was in love...we started hanging out all the time...I remember we used to sneak off to the primative during free time and make out. She was an amazing woman...

You said WAS. So what happened to her... did she disappear?

sequoias said:
LOL, if women comes to me show that she's interested in me, then I'll go for it.

Got a question for you. Do you mean that you will only find love if you wait for a woman to approach you?

zesty said:
what if it is the OTHER WAY AROUND??

you know what, I have a LONG bad experience from the past. It'll take time for me to recover. It depends on the situation, I could approach them or they approach me, either way works. :)

Meg said:
Got a question for you. Do you mean that you will only find love if you wait for a woman to approach you?

Yes, that's correct, Meg. There is always other way around if things come at a right time. :)

sequoias said:
you know what, I have a LONG bad experience from the past. It'll take time for me to recover. It depends on the situation, I could approach them or they approach me, either way works. :)

Yes, that's correct, Meg. There is always other way around if things come at a right time. :)

But most women are not taught to approach a man if interested. Maybe I am wrong but I never approach a man if I am interested. Instead, I wait for his efforts. Maybe younger generation is different from me but I m sure that a lot of women are like me. What if you see a really sweet woman you like but would only wait for her to approach you at thes ame time shes waiting for you to approach her?

Talk about a missed opportunity!

Meg said:
But most women are not taught to approach a man if interested. Maybe I am wrong but I never approach a man if I am interested. Instead, I wait for his efforts. Maybe younger generation is different from me but I m sure that a lot of women are like me. What if you see a really sweet woman you like but would only wait for her to approach you at thes ame time shes waiting for you to approach her?

i am the same way too!! call me old fashioned.. i don't care!! :P

Meg said:

Yup, good point there. Like I said, there's other way around if I really LIKE that gal (vibes), then I would approach her. I'm also shy and it's hard for me to approach a gal in real life. Yep, so many missed opportunties for me.

zesty said:
i am the same way too!! call me old fashioned.. i don't care!! :P

Yea, I met some old fashioned type gals before. It's really different from modern day ones. :)

Sorry, forgot to mention that Mo and I broke up when I was seventeen. We saw each other briefly during a reunion over break, but she is no longer involved in my life.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
That what happened to Laci Peterson... she approached Scott Peterson.

:evil:

And your point is? OJ Simpson approached Nicole and look at what happened. This has no correlation. I see no connecting points here. :confused:

Besides no need to ruin this thread with such negativism.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
That what happened to Laci Peterson... she approached Scott Peterson.

:evil:

who are they? Why mention names of them that I don't know? LOL

Meg said:

Well, I want to share my experience so maybe you can get 'broader' idea of that issue.

There was a woman that I used to like, she was a very sweet and go 'flattery' on me manny times than I can care to remember... As shy guy, it is difficult for me to approach and ask her out but at that time, I finally have the considerable measure of courage and asked her out. She gave me flatly and death-groping 'no'. That threw me off because what she did to me is clearly 'I really like you' behavior but she said she never find me interesting guy for her to go out with.

That is the last straw for me to fall for that 'cheap' tricks (example: flattery) unless woman make the move.. that's where I will confirm that she actually do like me. About Nas, when I firstly met her when she was my interpreter for my class, I really like her.. but I am not sure if she would go for shy guy like me so I decided to not make a move. She gave me different hints but you know how men are with women's 'subtle' hints... Men often to be required women to be very straightforward about what they want from men. Heh... anyway you already know the story so no need for me to say any further about it.

Let's backward to my HS year, one pretty gal used to like me so much but I barely noticed because I thought that she just want to hang around with me... But actually she really want me to ask her out or date with her. When I finally realized that she like me, I missed the opportunity because she gave up on me since other guy 'grabbed' her before I did. She didn't make the move so her 'subtle' hints went unnoticed... That was my big loss because she have this great personality that I had been looking in my HS years. Oh well.

I think it is both gender have this 'approaching' problem (or shyness problem) :/

Magatsu said:
Well, I want to share my experience so maybe you can get 'broader' idea of that issue.

There was a woman that I used to like, she was a very sweet and go 'flattery' on me manny times than I can care to remember... As shy guy, it is difficult for me to approach and ask her out but at that time, I finally have the considerable measure of courage and asked her out. She gave me flatly and death-groping 'no'. That threw me off because what she did to me is clearly 'I really like you' behavior but she said she never find me interesting guy for her to go out with.

That is the last straw for me to fall for that 'cheap' tricks (example: flattery) unless woman make the move.. that's where I will confirm that she actually do like me. About Nas, when I firstly met her when she was my interpreter for my class, I really like her.. but I am not sure if she would go for shy guy like me so I decided to not make a move. She gave me different hints but you know how men are with women's 'subtle' hints... Men often to be required women to be very straightforward about what they want from men. Heh... anyway you already know the story so no need for me to say any further about it.

Let's backward to my HS year, one pretty gal used to like me so much but I barely noticed because I thought that she just want to hang around with me... But actually she really want me to ask her out or date with her. When I finally realized that she like me, I missed the opportunity because she gave up on me since other guy 'grabbed' her before I did. She didn't make the move so her 'subtle' hints went unnoticed... That was my big loss because she have this great personality that I had been looking for while my HS year. Oh well.

I think it is both gender have this 'approaching' problem (or shyness problem) :/

Youre right...It is my shyness also. But it is like a Catch 22 situation. If I ever muster up courage, he ll think Im too forward but if Im shy, he ll think Im reserved/aloof and not interested in him.

Im sure Ive got tons of missed opportunities. Go figure!

At least you finallly noticed Nas's subtle hints and here you are now with her :)

Meg said:
Youre right...It is my shyness also. But it is like a Catch 22 situation. If I ever muster up courage, he ll think Im too forward but if Im shy, he ll think Im reserved/aloof and not interested in him.

Im sure Ive got tons of missed opportunities. Go figure!
You and I are in same boat :) That's what I am afraid if I make the move and other women probably will think that I am going too fast or too forward and etcetera. It is no win-win situation ;)

Meg said:
At least you finallly noticed Nas's subtle hints and here you are now with her :)
Actually I still didn't until she made the move by asking me out with her. That's where I finally noticed that she do like me. That's lame of me, yes? :(

Magatsu said:
You and I are in same boat :) That's what I am afraid if I make the move and other women probably will think that I am going too fast or too forward and etcetera. It is no win-win situation ;)

Actually I still didn't until she made the move by asking me out with her. That's where I finally noticed that she do like me. That's lame of me, yes? :(

That is why I give up on dating game. Too confusing! Mixed messages..who needs that? I should get an avatar like Zestys but maybe not hate but just say Im giving up on the game heh.

Nah not lame of you :)

DzRikku said:
what does true love feel like?

I think you already have the answers within your own heart as Rumi said " Look inside your heart as it has all answers. It is all there."

Does not matter if you read all you can on love...it is knowledge...it is different than heart.

Heart rules over mind.

Meg said:
That is why I give up on dating game. Too confusing! Mixed messages..who needs that? I should get an avatar like Zestys but maybe not hate but just say Im giving up on the game heh.
lol. I wouldn't blame you if you use that avatar. I am frustrated about that 'dating game' or mixed messages as well. That is really tiresome for many of us. But I have to be careful to not be stereotype about it. No men or women are alike. It's just the way their culture/society teached/raised them. We really need to break these cycles and get over it.

Meg said:
Nah not lame of you :)
ok :thumb:

Back