What is the point of inaugural?

You better save up some $$$ to buy an "invitation" first.

Yup, those will be really, really expensive.

Oh wow, the Gallaudet dorms are opening today for returning students on same day as inauguration day.

Sorry, Mom. There are thousands of people doing just that; shooting at Obama pictures.
You know that for a fact?

Or Bush. Or someone else they don't like. Get your head out of the sand.
I've seen terrorist targets, "bad guy" targets, animal targets, and zombies targets, in addition to traditional bulls-eyes and silhouettes but at the ranges where I shoot, there were no American politician targets.

You know that for a fact?

I've seen terrorist targets, "bad guy" targets, animal targets, and zombies targets, in addition to traditional bulls-eyes and silhouettes but at the ranges where I shoot, there were no American politician targets.

I would think that would be illegal even. Maybe not. :dunno:

I would think that would be illegal even. Maybe not. :dunno:
It might get the shooter a second look by others. The gun shops I use wouldn't sell such targets. However, I suppose people could download and print their own.

Well....I've thrown darts at my ex's pix....:giggle:...but don't believe I'd go as far as shooting at a political figure (especially Obama's) at a shooting range when there might be many Democrats around....kinda' risky, don't-cha-think?....

If one didn't hear/see what Richard Blanco said yesterday during the celebration- then the point was missed entirely. Same with rest of the speeches that were given during the event.

We, the Americans, need to remind ourselves why our nation stands as an equal among one of the greatest nations in the world. We take our liberty for granted everyday. This was one of those days that everyone needs to be reminded that its a new chapter, a new spark of hope.

Seriously, if one wants to be a debbie downer about this why bother having a birthday party, why bother having christmas, why bother having 4th of july, why bother with any of celebrations of any kind?

In the past times- there were holidays of all sorts! We need to slow down and enjoy what life is really all about, each other and standing together as one, not as enemies.

Back to the topic! the point of having a 2nd term, is what most already stated, his term already ended and needed to be restarted, and in more basic human terms, we all need to be reminded who is the top dog again. LOL.

If one didn't hear/see what Richard Blanco said yesterday during the celebration- then the point was missed entirely. Same with rest of the speeches that were given during the event.

We, the Americans, need to remind ourselves why our nation stands as an equal among one of the greatest nations in the world. We take our liberty for granted everyday. This was one of those days that everyone needs to be reminded that its a new chapter, a new spark of hope.

Seriously, if one wants to be a debbie downer about this why bother having a birthday party, why bother having christmas, why bother having 4th of july, why bother with any of celebrations of any kind?

In the past times- there were holidays of all sorts! We need to slow down and enjoy what life is really all about, each other and standing together as one, not as enemies.

Back to the topic! the point of having a 2nd term, is what most already stated, his term already ended and needed to be restarted, and in more basic human terms, we all need to be reminded who is the top dog again. LOL.

But most of us, I hope, would not spend $$$$ on a party if we were already in deep debt.

I still doubt that "thousands" are doing that. I still say that's disgusting, and I'll add, juvenile and pointless.
For you and I, yes. For others? To deny that it is likely? Pure and blissful ignorance.

I see people talk about an American civil war between the left and right; the Reds and the Blues; the D's and the R's. Shooting a picture seems petty, in comparison.

Anyhow, I will unsubscribe to this thread, before it gets locked.

But most of us, I hope, would not spend $$$$ on a party if we were already in deep debt.

:cool2: We, common folks already do get ourselves in debt by throwing ourselves silly events called weddings or know of our friends/family who have done that... Totally funny when a guest does not give money to the bride/groom for the wedding present or give any present....I think its good comparison to our society, there are always those guests who dont pay, those who pay more than their fair of share.....

Oh gosh. You're right, we swept this one under the rug.

Shh dont tell others this, the President's party is paying some of the bill.

TO attend one of those balls.... pricy pricy for us common workers...

Yes they're like 1,000 a plate.

And I think 100ish Million is just a silly chump change for a celebration that many are involved in compared to blowing off 100 Million in one stupid plane model resigning of its wing that never succeeded in this country's military...

:cool2: We, common folks already do get ourselves in debt by throwing ourselves silly events called weddings or know of our friends/family who have done that... Totally funny when a guest does not give money to the bride/groom for the wedding present or give any present....I think its good comparison to our society, there are always those guests who dont pay, those who pay more than their fair of share....
Well, this common folk spent less than $100 on her wedding, and maybe $400 for her daughter's wedding. Neither of us had bridal gift registries, and received gifts from very close friends and relatives only.

Then again, maybe common folk aren't so common after all. :giggle:

For you and I, yes. For others? To deny that it is likely? Pure and blissful ignorance.
"Likely" is one thing; stating it like a fact is another. Neither you nor I know that thousands of shooters are doing such things.

I witnessed the swearing-in ceremony of George H. Bush with my friends in huge crowd in 1989 when I was Gally student. We evenly met and handshook Donald Trump who had real hair at the time, before the swearing-in ceremony started. What an experience!

Going back to this present time, I personally think the swearing-in ceremony should be taken place in House of Representative Room inside U.S. Capitol, so most of $300 millions inauguration budget would go back to coffers of U.S. Treasury Bureau.

Not only people in DC celebrate it... on State and Local levels they do it too. In my State they usually do it every 4 years for Governor, Lt. Gov, state constitutional officers and Mayors of big cities. As for people at my work they do swear in jointly and hand in election certificates. When its smaller office such as City Council and School board even county board, they swear in before first meeting of the year. I have been to so many different inauguration festivities in my area such as parties, balls and stuff like that. I dod volunteered at an inaugural ball few years ago and it was fun.

True meaning of Inauguration is political new year where family and friends gather to welcome new leaders.

I thought an inauguration is the formal induction into office. The way I see it is that the inauguration is like the wedding ceremony, whereas the ball that follows is akin to a wedding reception. No?

Back