What is the point of inaugural?

wow his daughters are grown up. 4 years... whew time flew so fast.

I agree. I'm not interested in any of the "extras".

And if OUR tax dollars are paying for a lot of this (even if just for the security), I'd prefer they put the money to better use (is that an oxymoron when related to gov't? :hmm:). I'm guessing a lot of the balls, etc, are being paid for by lobbying groups.
I don't even mind the parades and swearing-in ceremonies--those are public, for all Americans.

I'm not keen on all the high-ticket balls that are pay-back to political donors. If they didn't cost anything to the taxpayers, that's OK. However, I believe the extra security and logistics do cost the taxpayer, so I'm opposed to them.

IMHO

We? :lol:

The whole thing is pretty funny really. The guy spent a year demonizing the rich and pandering to the poor. Then celebrates the fruits of that tactic with opulent galas and balls. It's likea giant Middle finger to the working class. :lol:

oh well.
Not you, I guess. Wrong guy won? :sadwave:

Go practice shooting with pictures from today's Inauguration as targets. Lots of others will be doing the same.

Go practice shooting with pictures from today's Inauguration as targets. Lots of others will be doing the same.

Nah I think the votes were counted correctly. Enjoy! :giggle:

I would never use such pictures as targets. That's a disgusting suggestion.

The Constitution requires an inauguration--a swearing in of the President. It does not require parades, balls, etc.

Thanks Reba, I had not really thought about this. Since the official balls have taken place since Madison, and Washington even had one (unofficially), it just seems like a part of inauguration. Also, this is the first year I became really aware of just how many unofficial inaugural balls take place. You learn something new every day :).

if different president he would won vote last year so another president not official until,20th jan....if america went to war in december who in charge

Just a note, that the period between election and starting a term for someone who loses their office (or isn't running again) is referred to as "lame duck". This is when they start passing controversial items (because they won't face the consequences) or vetoing items and presidential pardons also pick up at this point.

My niece will be in the parade!! She will be marching with her High School Band, the Londonderry Lancers from NH!! To bad I don't have cable I would actually watch it this year!

I would never use such pictures as targets. That's a disgusting suggestion.
Sorry, Mom. There are thousands of people doing just that; shooting at Obama pictures. Or Bush. Or someone else they don't like. Get your head out of the sand.

Sorry, Mom. There are thousands of people doing just that; shooting at Obama pictures. Or Bush. Or someone else they don't like. Get your head out of the sand.

The fact that others may be doing it does not make the suggestion less disgusting.

I think about have ballroom dancing with my sweet ballroom shoe. :D

Obama first term is over and he need to be sworn in for his second term or we'll not have a president . If you don 't like it you'll have to complain to our founding fathers .

Obama first term is over and he need to be sworn in for his second term or we'll not have a president . If you don 't like it you'll have to complain to our founding fathers .

I don't think anyone is complaining about the swearing in part.

Yeah yeah I'm mostly off topic haha but I watched the live stream coverage on C-Span.org and I saw my niece!!! Sooooo cool!!!! She plays the saxophone :D

Back