What is the point of inaugural?

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I see that our current president has already served 1 term. He'll start 2nd term now. He has already been inaugural for the first term. Why do there need to be an inaugural for the same person for 2nd term?

Not looking to discuss whether he is a good president or not. Just curious why there has to be an inaugural again?

Well, his term has ran out...so of course he had to be inaugurated again into office. It's customary that way....and think about all the moolah ($$$) coming in.....

they get voted in in november and take presidentary in january,i never understood that....what happens in december who in charge

The current president is in charge. The change is done in January so for example..

If Obama was not reelected.. he would have been in charge till today and then the person that had been elected would have started.

That is why when a person has been voted president but not in office yet,, we call them president-elect cause he is not president yet.

The current president is president till noon on jan 20th (Wash DC time zone).
He was sworn in before noon today in a private ceremony. They'll do it again tomorrow for the public...and the partying.

if different president he would won vote last year so another president not official until,20th jan....if america went to war in december who in charge

if different president he would won vote last year so another president not official until,20th jan....if america went to war in december who in charge

Correct, wouldn't be president till Jan 20th or whatever date it's supposed to be.

if went to war in December, the current president would be in charge till it's time for the president-elect to take over.

Senator and Congressman are about same.. Just has different function in the Congress.

Senator are chosen to represent the State (2 per States) while Congressman (House of Representative) are chosen to represent certain areas within the state. That is why there is a lot more congressmen than Senators. The count of congressmen would vary per state depending on population of states.

To be more clear, he was not given the presidency, he earned it through election. It is not a continuance of his first term. It is a new term of office.

The Constitution requires an inauguration--a swearing in of the President. It does not require parades, balls, etc.

The Constitution requires an inauguration--a swearing in of the President. It does not require parades, balls, etc.
Correct. However, we Americans demand the extra stuff. Also, we want to watch TV shows that comment on the dresses various women wear to the Inaugural Ball.

an inaugural is just another way for them to have a public wank

Last edited:
I was driving on the Beltway...saw signs warning of delays tmw due to the inaugrual and I just go, "Wow!" I just think, "This AZ gal lives near the capitol of the United States." I just...no words cant describe it..it is historical and I live so close to it. The traffic delays become insignificant. How many people in this world get to experience to be this close to such a historical moment like this? Maybe I am not too jaded but life is too f***cking short to bitch connnnnsttantly about political views not to take just one moment to appreciate how close we are to history being made. I am just appreciating the fact that I live near DC when growing up, DC was a city a world away.

It is not perfect but the history of that city...u cant deny it. Just like Paris, Madrid and etc...

Correct. However, we Americans demand the extra stuff. Also, we want to watch TV shows that comment on the dresses various women wear to the Inaugural Ball.

We? :lol:

The whole thing is pretty funny really. The guy spent a year demonizing the rich and pandering to the poor. Then celebrates the fruits of that tactic with opulent galas and balls. It's likea giant Middle finger to the working class. :lol:

oh well.

I was driving on the Beltway...saw signs warning of delays tmw due to the inaugrual and I just go, "Wow!" I just think, "This AZ gal lives near the capitol of the United States." I just...no words cant describe it..it is historical and I live so close to it. The traffic delays become insignificant. How many people in this world get to experience to be this close to such a historical moment like this? Maybe I am not too jaded but life is too f***cking short to bitch connnnnsttantly about political views not to take just one moment to appreciate how close we are to history being made. I am just appreciating the fact that I live near DC when growing up, DC was a city a world away.

It is not perfect but the history of that city...u cant deny it. Just like Paris, Madrid and etc...

ha ha yea

Senator and Congressman are about same.. Just has different function in the Congress.

Senator are chosen to represent the State (2 per States) while Congressman (House of Representative) are chosen to represent certain areas within the state. That is why there is a lot more congressmen than Senators. The count of congressmen would vary per state depending on population of states.

thank you...i idiot did not realise i used c not s sorry

Not all Americans. I'm not watching all that coverage, and I'm definitely not interested in ball wear.

I will say that I like Mrs. Obama's new hairdo.

Not all Americans. I'm not watching all that coverage, and I'm definitely not interested in ball wear.

I will say that I like Mrs. Obama's new hairdo.

I agree. I'm not interested in any of the "extras".

And if OUR tax dollars are paying for a lot of this (even if just for the security), I'd prefer they put the money to better use (is that an oxymoron when related to gov't? :hmm:). I'm guessing a lot of the balls, etc, are being paid for by lobbying groups.

Back