What has Obama done so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Too bad this thread turned out to be negative and a joke.

Really? I though it was a joke :) Sure he has done these things but at a very high cost. Kinda of llike going into battle with 10,000 soldiers and winning even though only 2 came back alive.

These so called successes have cost us dearly in tax money and cost to the working class people.

Really? I though it was a joke :) Sure he has done these things but at a very high cost. Kinda of llike going into battle with 10,000 soldiers and winning even though only 2 came back alive.

These so called successes have cost us dearly in tax money and cost to the working class people.

There's a good thing there's no veterans online...

Thank you for burdening the ones who are still alive with survivor's guilt.

Ha,
Not only am I a veteran, I am a retired and I am deaf because I served my country :)

Ha,
Not only am I a veteran, I am a retired and I am deaf because I served my country :)

May I ask of what war? My grand-dad's side of the family has been in WW1, WW2, Vietnam, Croatia, Afghanistan and a few others. We often get U.S. veterans retiring in Canada because housings are cheaper as well.

The one thing they all have in common though: don't talk about battles with high causality, which is unfortunate, but I can understand the sentiment. They even blow a gasket in public if someone is talking about these battles or even remotely talk about the concept then mutter "it had to be done." Hell, my grand-dad took it upon himself to make sure mom was "properly educated" in the history of WW2 by withdrawing her from school, so she didn't know a lot about the battles that were fought over there until she was in her 40s. Hopefully that explains why I responded the way I did.

Of course the members who served in Croatia and Afghanistan talk more freely about our military history. So, I apologize if there's any disrespect.

Why are conservatives so insensitive? Is it innate? They are conservatives because they lack a basic ability to think before they speak?

Why are conservatives so insensitive? Is it innate? They are conservatives because they lack a basic ability to think before they speak?

I think it's a generation gap more than a political alignment.

Before 1970s, it seems like you don't talk about what they went through, but it's okay to talk about what they saw; after 1970s, it's okay to talk about what they went through, but you're not to suppose to ask what they saw.

I think it's a generation gap more than a political alignment.

Before 1970s, it seems like you don't talk about what they went through, but it's okay to talk about what they saw; after 1970s, it's okay to talk about what they went through, but you're not to suppose to ask what they saw.

Interesting take on that. Generation definately has something to do with the way social attitudes change.

Interesting take on that. Generation definately has something to do with the way social attitudes change.

Aye, my cousin will talk about what he has done for his unit and the operations they were a part of, but he refuse to discuss anything about the political issues related to it or the places he have been to on leave. I found out later on, he witnessed some of the genocidal stuff going on and they were not allowed to intervene.

That is very different than my grandfather freely speaking about Paris, England, the concentration camps his unit walked through, but refusing to talk about his comrades or the battles he went through. He still got mad whenever teachers and professors say there's no camps in France.

Wow, talk about generalizing, stereotyping, insulting, and judging a group of people all in one brief post!

I wouldn't even dream of lumping all liberals together that way.

Unbelievable.

Wow, talk about generalizing, stereotyping, insulting, and judging a group of people all in one brief post!

Unbelievable.

Yeah, she left out the part where they kill kittens. :lol:

Unbelievable.

tame. what Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, and Bill O'Reilly did were worse.

Unbelievable.

You wouldn't?:laugh2:

tame. what Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, and Bill O'Reilly did were worse.

Yep, the conservatives let these guys speak for them. Then they don't have to exert the effort of saying it themselves. No thought required.:P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back