What good thing happened to you today?

My kid is happy because he's the drummer for the holiday program--and he gets to use a mallet! His excitment made my day! :aw:

I got up at 4:45 AM and had a good workout at the gym before work.

Felt good to be up and about a little more today (after my surgery, left ear)...the staples are very tight, over 20 of them...and those "dull"
Headaches. Went to the doctor today, he says the ear is looking good and maybe take the staples out next week. My vision and balance is a little off also....having to go thru another surgery in the new year for the right ear....

And they shaved my hair all around my ear...so I'm having to buy some scarves to cover it all up somehow.

Felt good to be up and about a little more today (after my surgery, left ear)...the staples are very tight, over 20 of them...and those "dull"
Headaches. Went to the doctor today, he says the ear is looking good and maybe take the staples out next week. My vision and balance is a little off also....having to go thru another surgery in the new year for the right ear....

And they shaved my hair all around my ear...so I'm having to buy some scarves to cover it all up somehow.

Did you have tympanoplasty?

Dixie - MIL's church does have a food pantry, but when we needed help, we were refused. Seems the pastor has his own rules about how to distribute so I don't even offer it to anyone.

My Deaf church is jut starting out and since we are using space in the Deaf club, we really can't do anything like that. They are working to begin more things since we are growing. The church is just now 1 year old and has gone for an attendance of 6-10 to 30-50 each week.

I can't believe your MILs pastor refused to help his own parishoners. If that's not judgement, then I don't know what is. From the tidbits I get here he seems like a very arrogant man that does it for his own personal glorification and not for Gods glorification. He wouldn't last long if he was voted out and had to find a new congregation. I take it that your MILs church is known as a stuck up rich snotty church?

Mine is, but my pastor is working hard to change that, even though he has been here less than two years now.

Woot! Sold two of my beads on Etsy!!! This is me --> :dance2:

Every year I give out donations, between November and December. I gave a nice donation to Alldeaf, which all did a nice job maintaining the website and keep all members in enjoyable moment. Kudo to all moderators.

I got my popcorn !!! :D

(Miss D and I did a popcorn exchange. She sent me colored popcorn and timtams, and I sent her White Cheddar popcorn (and a little something else, not telling yet! LOL)

It was fun sending to Australia. Please, let's do it again.

(Miss D and I did a popcorn exchange. She sent me colored popcorn and timtams, and I sent her White Cheddar popcorn (and a little something else, not telling yet! LOL)

Oh! that's awesome! That sounds like fun!

Sure thing. Let's do one for each other's b'day and Christmas, what do you say? :D

My sister told me that the recent outing where I took my niece and nephew to Luna Park.

My niece wrote in her journal that the day out at Luna Park was the best ever day in her albeit short life.

Aww, makes me feel good.

I am going to be teaching zumba at work in the spring semester whoohoo!!

I just got enough money to pay the deposit on my bi-CROS HAs and I've just completed the paperwork. Now I need lat 9 mos bank statements and cashier's check. This will be the second trip to the bank today to get this done.

I'm excited. Once I pop the paperwork in the mail, I will notify my audi that I have finally sent off the paperwork. It was matter of coming up with the deposit which is non-refundable (boo). I hope it goes through smoothly.

I've also made a photo CD to show to some people for possibly a wedding photography job later this month. I hope they like the results, and I hope my camera co-operates. If I get the job and it goes well I may use the money from that to purchase an updated dSLR camera if possible. The one I have is a Sony DSC-H7 which is somewhere between P&S and full on dSLR.

I think today will go over well. Tomorrow, not so much. My boss is having back surgery tomorrow and I'm in charge until they get back home. I hope nothing goes wrong. I don't like it when this happens. I don't want to catch the blame if something should go wrong.

Oh TimTams!!!!! Do TimTam Slam! Must!!!!!!!

Miss those...miss Mint Slice more. Yum yum yum.

my mom and stepdad are giving me their old washer and dryer as they're getting new ones from Home Depot. YAHOO! No more hauling my hamper full of dirty clothes over to their house to laundry one weekend a month! I'll soon be able to do laundry whenever I want :)

Back