What game are you getting this year 2013?

You can build your own PC gaming. :D

It isn't PC hardware issue - SimCity 4 has software issue, regardless on how fast is machine and this game is 10 years old.

You can build your own PC gaming. :D

You can't really build your own Mac, which is what the problem was. The game was released in 2003, my iBook (which is what I was trying to play on) was made in 2005 and it couldn't cope with it. It didn't struggle with any other game like I did with SimCity 4.

You can't really build your own Mac, which is what the problem was. The game was released in 2003, my iBook (which is what I was trying to play on) was made in 2005 and it couldn't cope with it. It didn't struggle with any other game like I did with SimCity 4.

Mac isn't really designed for gaming.

Mac isn't really designed for gaming.

Some of Mac models are for gaming, especially my MBP because of powerful graphic chipset, even the graphic looks better than console version, including PS3 and Xbox 360.

I game on my MBP. It's not intended as a super games machine but it runs smoothly (not at max settings) everything I ask it to.

I never intended it to compete with a liquid cooled super duper gaming desktop PC.

I game on my MBP. It's not intended as a super games machine but it runs smoothly (not at max settings) everything I ask it to.

I never intended it to compete with a liquid cooled super duper gaming desktop PC.

Yes, I prefer Mac for laptop and prefer PC for desktop.

I like Mac laptop because of durability and reliability.

Some of Mac models are for gaming, especially my MBP because of powerful graphic chipset, even the graphic looks better than console version, including PS3 and Xbox 360.

I'm saying that Mac isn't really designed for gaming. Yes, there are several Mac models that are capability to run game and I don’t think they are trying to get into computer gaming market. It seems that they are much more aim for application market (i.e. video editing, Photoshop, business stuff, “daily uses”, and etc…). That’s what I see.

If I am going to buy Mac, I would have used it for Photoshop and daily uses.

His PC is overclocked :P

It's not overclock issue. If it was overclocked then the screen will only showed black screen. From what it look like, there's something wrong with software mixed with video card and it need a patch to fix it.

Oh wow, SimCity 4 is terrible on Mac, regardless on how powerful is machine and extremely lag.

I hope Mac version of SimCity doesn't follow repeat error as 4 does.

Everything seems to blow up once EA get their hands on it.

Last edited:
It's not overclock issue. If it was overclocked then the screen will only showed black screen. From what it look like, there's something wrong with software mixed with video card and it need a patch to fix it.

I was an overclocker for a long time, it looks like an overheated GPU from here. Besides if it has problems, other people would have problems too.

I was an overclocker for a long time, it looks like an overheated GPU from here. Besides if it has problems, other people would have problems too.

Umm... if it was overheated, the screen will go black. Trust me, iRacing members often described loss of picture during racing and able to hear their vehicle running or crash and that they said they overclocked their video card or not cool enough. It often blamed on video card overheated.

From what youtube looked like – the Tomb Raider software and NVIDIA doesn’t really worked very well together. And I have heard there are issue between Tomb Raider and NVIDIA and that they’re working on a patch to make it work. Tomb Raider PC Patch Fixes NVIDIA Issues - IGN

Got "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier" on sale $19.49 from Steam store.

Everything seems to blow up once EA get their hands on it.

Yes, I don't like EA role of their business and they are trying to make money from microtransaction and DLC, so release the game with only 30% completed and sell at $60.

I'm spoiling my girlfriend for her birthday, getting a PS3 Super Slim 500 GBs white bundle pack. :D

I kinda just ordered this:

3dsxlhwpikachurenderingzpsaaf3b4fa.jpg

Next week can't come fast enough!

(hey, the camera makes it look like Pikachu has nipples)

Yes, I don't like EA role of their business and they are trying to make money from microtransaction and DLC, so release the game with only 30% completed and sell at $60.

Yeah... seems that current games are starting to use microtransaction/DLC to milk us some money - unfortunately.

I don't know if anyone knew about SimCity situation... seems that so many people are complaining how bad it is and SimCity & EA decided to give us one free game to "apology" us for their screw up.

Maxis via email said:
Our SimCity Mayors are incredibly important to the team at Maxis. We know we messed up and want to sincerely thank you for staying with us. The good news is we have solved most of the major issues and players are really enjoying the game. We're getting great feedback from our fans and know that many of you are having fun and are exploring this whole new expression of SimCity.

As a small token of our appreciation, we are offering you a free EA PC game download on Origin*. Mayors who have authenticated their copy of SimCity on Origin by March 25 can select a free game through a redemption portal inside the Origin desktop client later this week. We'll be opening up the redemption portal country-by-country so some of you may see it a little sooner than others. The portal will be live worldwide for everyone to select their game by March 22.

We don't want any of you to miss out your free game, so please note that you must register your copy of SimCity before March 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM PST and you must claim your free game by March 30, 2013 at 11:59PM PST. For more information, including instructions on how to get your free game and a list of eligible games, please read our FAQ. We've included some of the hottest games in the EA portfolio, so pick one and add it to your Origin library on us!

Sincerely,
Maxis

The free game are supposed to be:

•Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
•Bejeweled 3
•Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
•Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
•MOHW (Standard Edition)
•NFS Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
•Plants vs. Zombies
•SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition

Unfortunately, I already had BF3, ME3, and SimCity 4... Maybe I'll get MOHW. *shrug*

EDIT: I forget to say something. I'm not geting 'em now but planning to get 'em someday. Depends on my plans and schedules.

SimsCity 4
Tomb Raider
The Last of Us
Beyond Two Souls
Maybe a few new EPs for TS3
Journey

Currently, I played From Dust again. I love it! :)

Today is the release day for the Pikachu 3DS XL! It's showing as sold out on the website I bought it from.

WHERE IS MINE???

Back