What do you do when you are bored?

Where I worked...on Monday's...it was so slowwwww....(Newspaper Advertising)....even late on Friday night...nothing to do as whenever we touched the "deadline"...then everything stopped....We could either go home and lose pay...or sit it out....sometimes for 2 hours or more....

Reading...gossiping...:giggle:..was about all we could do. It gave me time to clean out my purse...make a grocery list....and do some walking all around the building(s)....some of us got "permission" to start up a Scrabble game when down-time came around....:giggle:

Now, I am bored so I am gonna work on report cards and lesson plans. :) I feel so relaxed.

If we weren't busy at work we could always clean something, update files, research industry-related information, touch base with contacts, inventory supplies, etc. I guess it comes from the military--there is always something that can be cleaned, polished, painted, or updated. If all else fails, there is always training to do. :)

There is always, always something to do. Bottom line, boredom is laziness.

There is always, always something to do. Bottom line, boredom is laziness.

Sometimes it is nice to be lazy and bored. Cant be always doing something and wear myself out.

For me, when I am bored, it means I am resting but feeling restless inside like I am supposed to be doing something.

If I don't feel restless inside and being lazy, then I am not bored.

Make sense?

Sometimes it is nice to be lazy and bored. Cant be always doing something and wear myself out.

For me, when I am bored, it means I am resting but feeling restless inside like I am supposed to be doing something.

Make sense?

Sure does. Being so hyper all my life and always moving...think I do need a break sometimes...gives me time to smell the Roses, ya know?

Make sense?

Yep.
You explained it perfectly. I posted while at work and felt I needed to edit it, but you did it for me.

Interesting. Except for lunch and potty breaks if I wasn't busy I had to find work to make me busy. Doing personal stuff during working hours was not usually an option. :)

I work for the newspaper. everyone here will use twitter or facebook during working hours haha. I do public records and calendars, which I can do pretty quick. Sometimes I'll have a random odd task to do that would keep me busy for a bit, but for the most part it's just.... hanging out. Sometimes I'll even scour the net looking for more events to add to the calendars (local and statewide, don't get as much event-related emails anymore so I have to hunt them down).

I work for the newspaper. everyone here will use twitter or facebook during working hours haha. I do public records and calendars, which I can do pretty quick. Sometimes I'll have a random odd task to do that would keep me busy for a bit, but for the most part it's just.... hanging out.
I've learned that sometimes if your work isn't needed every hour it might end up not being needed at all.

Make sense?

Yes, that make sense. I felt like that when I felt restless because I was bore. When I am not restless, I feel relax like right now. I am okay. :)

Back