What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what!?! for your work????
I have been relocated to the city since December
The parking fees are just ridicilous.
Montly parking pass - $250 (compared to $80 at the airport)
some parking spots $9 for 4 hours limit. (compared to $5.50 a day at the mutli-level carpark)
multi-level carpark attached to the shopping mall - $16 all day
Nearby car parks near work $9 a day, and $7 a day compared to $5.50 a day at the airport.

That is, I am walking to work from barton (across the lake and two bridges) because the carpark near the National Library of Australia is designed for tourists, and it is free. I don't give a damn about the tourists. There is like, 200 free spaces available. :/

I have been relocated to the city since December
The parking fees are just ridicilous.
Montly parking pass - $250 (compared to $80 at the airport)
some parking spots $9 for 4 hours limit. (compared to $5.50 a day at the mutli-level carpark)
multi-level carpark attached to the shopping mall - $16 all day
Nearby car parks near work $9 a day, and $7 a day compared to $5.50 a day at the airport.

That is, I am walking to work from barton (across the lake and two bridges) because the carpark near the National Library of Australia is designed for tourists, and it is free. I don't give a damn about the tourists. There is like, 200 free spaces available. :/

Damn that's expensive. :shock: Smart move to park in the tourist area. Let's just hope they don't decide to start charging parking fees there too. Added benefit is you get your exercise built right into your daily routine.

I learned that the egg truck will now be coming 2x a week rather than weekly as before. We are now at 27% laying expectancy. My house went up 600+ eggs today from yesterday. I suspect by spring we will be near 100% if we keep going like this.

Damn that's expensive. :shock: Smart move to park in the tourist area. Let's just hope they don't decide to start charging parking fees there too. Added benefit is you get your exercise built right into your daily routine.

I learned that the egg truck will now be coming 2x a week rather than weekly as before. We are now at 27% laying expectancy. My house went up 600+ eggs today from yesterday. I suspect by spring we will be near 100% if we keep going like this.
Yeah and I usually ride my bike from there to work to cut the time getting there, unfortunately, only few days ago...my back tire has gone flat again, for the second time... it needs repairs. :/
It is me walking, after all and the excercise will do me good as I have already gained a bit of weight (I am now almost 70kg from 55)

I just learned a friend of mine rolled a big rig this morning near Gravesville. He's alright though. He said his boss told him he still has a job, but I'm guessing he will be off trucking duty for a while. :/

I don't know yet this class im taking this semester will let me learn about and research different places.. as much as i'd like to do freelance I'll probably end up doing education just because theres so many schools i could intern at.

o really?? like?

Good luck to you in your internship!

You don't want to know, it might get me banned here :laugh2: I can PM them to you lol

I just learned a friend of mine rolled a big rig this morning near Gravesville. He's alright though. He said his boss told him he still has a job, but I'm guessing he will be off trucking duty for a while. :/
Most of the time, it is the fault of car drivers around them.

I learned to crochet!!!! Still a beginner obviously and my first crochet hat is coming up! <3

Wirelessly posted

I learned some Spanish swear words lol

Learned that too from someone else! ;)

As for me, I learned more about the idea and concept of the warp drive and theories behind the travel of faster-than-light speed that's usually prominent in the Star Trek Universe. I'm still reading the articles. xD xD

I learned a lot watching deaf related issues on youtube for the first time. Very learning.

Now I'm playing catch up as my internet speed was slow before but now it's fast so I can watch the video play smoothly. Yay!

I've done the same. That's why I'm guilty of having 5. All but 1 are rescues. The one that's not came from a shelter, though. I'm a crazy cat lady and PROUD of it ! :lol: (I try to put the same stigma on my SO by calling him a crazy cat guy but it just doesn't quite ring the same .... :lol: )

:giggle: My husband is a 'dog person' but he loves all animals too. He patiently tolerates my love for cats. I love him all the more for it. :D

I learned it's a BAD idea to drive under the influnence of pain killers.

I learned my brother's 2nd wife's daughter has a deaf right ear :)

I learned that when the egg truck shows up, be prepared to have your gathering schedule thrown off by as much as an hour and a half. :( I had to skip my first 'break this morning if that's what you want to call it.

I learned today, that my seemingly well-mannered 14 yr. old, even tho' he's highly intelligent...will fart in the car on a long trip to the Mall and deny that he did it! Had to open the window, and it was cold.

OMlA I am seems hurt to feeling grieve my seems ruin my life, I am tough grieve, I away afriad I am scared and grieve, I am very hurt screw up my focus!' conflict to me issues on personal! I can`t tell you! hard to story personal tough I am already addiction on pop pepsi deit

OMlA I am seems hurt to feeling grieve my seems ruin my life, I am tough grieve, I away afriad I am scared and grieve, I am very hurt screw up my focus!' conflict to me issues on personal! I can`t tell you! hard to story personal tough I am already addiction on pop pepsi deit

:aw: :cry: :grouphug:

I JUST FOUND OUT MY FAVORITE BAND OF ALL TIMES IS IN MY HOMETOWN!!!!!! I'm so MADDDDDDD. I had no idea, and now it's too late to see them. UGH. *kicks ...something* Oh, man!!!!! :pissed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back