What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned that after being puzzled all morning why my pit bull kept crying and jumping on me...trying to figure out what was the problem....food and water were in her dishes, the back door was open for her and my lab to go in and out, looked all over to make sure she had no injuries, and presto...she was cold so I put her sweater on. Now, she isnt crying anymore. I forgot that she doesnt do well in chilly temps.

Is she an older dog ? That good you were able figure out why your puppy was crying. :aw: You're a good mom !

Is she an older dog ? That good you were able figure out why your puppy was crying. :aw: You're a good mom !

Thanks!

No, she is only 3 years old. We adopted her in Feb so I forgot that she doesnt like the cold. Now she is sleeping on the floor snug as a bug. :)

Thanks!

No, she is only 3 years old. We adopted her in Feb so I forgot that she doesnt like the cold. Now she is sleeping on the floor snug as a bug. :)

I saw a dog with short fur wearing a jacket while on my walk with Marty . I was trying a new groomer and I told her to leave Marty fur a
little longer for the winter and she butchered him! I think the dog groomer I been using is getting dementia b/c I give telling her to be careful with Marty hind legs when grooming him. He has trick knees and when he came home he wasn't able to lift his hind leg to pee . :(
I told the groomer at least 5 times to be careful and she seem to be forgetting this. Now I have to try and find another groomer for Marty .

dae0f1be65705bf9176edbe5bebeb0a3.jpg

I learned this from psychology text book . Hard to believe people stress over FB

Wdys if you think groomer got dementia keep dog away from anyone with clippers.is doggie poodle is pos you can groom him

I learned this from psychology text book . Hard to believe people stress over FB
Some people give FB way too much importance in their lives.

Wdys if you think groomer got dementia keep dog away from anyone with clippers.is doggie poodle is pos you can groom him

I don't feel comfortable trying to cut fur around my dog eyes . I really think the groomer I been using is being forgetful , she almost left a dog on the table with a rope around it neck . If the dog had tried to jump off the table it would hung itself . I would had said something if the groomer didn't put the dog in a crate while she took my dog . I stopped going there after that happen.

A hair product I bought causes hair loss. Thankfully I have thick hair so the amount I've been losing is not a problem. I have been trying to figure it out though. I went online to change the delivery date of my order......noticed Consumer Affairs had tons of complaints, mostly about hair loss. The products I have left are non refundable....in the trash they went.

The product is WEN by Chaz Dean....Loved it but love my hair more.

A hair product I bought causes hair loss. Thankfully I have thick hair so the amount I've been losing is not a problem. I have been trying to figure it out though. I went online to change the delivery date of my order......noticed Consumer Affairs had tons of complaints, mostly about hair loss. The products I have left are non refundable....in the trash they went.

The product is WEN by Chaz Dean....Loved it but love my hair more.

I am talking about a my dog fur , I needs to find a groomer for him . I have a lot of hair too . I am lucky b/c you can lose a lot of hair when you get older .

I am talking about a my dog fur , I needs to find a groomer for him . I have a lot of hair too . I am lucky b/c you can lose a lot of hair when you get older .

I understood that you were talking about your dog and finding a new groomer. I had to find a new one for Marley too. She has an appointment on Wednesday. Crossing my fingers it works out well.

I understood that you were talking about your dog and finding a new groomer. I had to find a new one for Marley too. She has an appointment on Wednesday. Crossing my fingers it works out well.

I took Finlay to groomer that was very good but it was 45 minutes drive and they're had no restrooms . :eek3: I hope the new groomer works out for you and your dog. There is one down town and I once told her I didn't like Finlay fur cut so short and she thought I was
accusing her of hurting my dog and wouldn't groomed Finlay anymore .
I was like HUH?? I never said that , some people hear what they want to hear. :roll: I wasn't sure if knew what I was talking , everything is cool with me.

allways check they got dog grooning certificates they do in uk I would thought same in States

You think family not get lower to find oh yes they can

allways check they got dog grooning certificates they do in uk I would thought same in States

You're so right ! The last 2 groomers I used were at a vet office so you would think the vet would made sure the groomer were good b/c if they're not this can reflex on the vet .

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/choosing_a_groomer.html

"Some groomers are registered or certified by a grooming school or professional association, but no government agency regulates or licenses pet groomers. Check with your local Better Business Bureau to see if any complaints have been lodged against a grooming facility. After narrowing your search, call groomers to ask about services, costs and hours of operation. Also request the names of a few current clients to interview"

This really need to be fixed , anyone open a dog groomer shop and never had any training . :(

What is the point of grooming other than cosmetic? I would think an owner could give a bath themselves.

What is the point of grooming other than cosmetic? I would think an owner could give a bath themselves.

We Always do. We have a shower they love to come in with us, and we bathe them. After that, we groom whatever is necessary.

My dogs are hypoallergenic non shedding breeds. Their hair has to be cut just like a human.

When we were younger , we used to do it ourselves, but it is a lot of work.

And heading into retirement I am really happy my daughter gave me a hypoallergenic cat. It will shed once a year and not require a groomer, thus saving expense.

My doggie sees the groomer every month or 2...her hair grows and grows...but she does not shed....She hates those bows and frills....humps the cat too....:giggle:...*thinking it's for attention*...or something else...I dunno!

I tried trimming/shaving her a few times...and her haircut was awful!...

Anyway, does anyone know how often the anal gland needs to be expressed? and the cost? The Vet did it last month during her checkup. So was thinking the groomers would be less expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back