What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My doggie sees the groomer every month or 2...her hair grows and grows...but she does not shed....She hates those bows and frills....humps the cat too....:giggle:...*thinking it's for attention*...or something else...I dunno!

I tried trimming/shaving her a few times...and her haircut was awful!...

Anyway, does anyone know how often the anal gland needs to be expressed? and the cost? The Vet did it last month during her checkup. So was thinking the groomers would be less expensive?

Our groomer does it included in the grooming fee. We usually take them every ten weeks.

What is the point of grooming other than cosmetic? I would think an owner could give a bath themselves.

Grooming is part of owning a dog. Like Botti and RR mentioned, some dogs have to have their hair cut every 10-12 weeks. I bathe Marley all the time. The groomer cuts her hair, trims her nails, drains the anal glands and brushes her teeth. I don't have the talent or training to do what my groomer does. When we had our poodle, I attempted to cut his hair. It took hours and turned out horrible. For me, taking my dog to a good groomer is super important. Even professional groomers that do a great job, keep your dog super safe are hard to find.

Grooming is part of owning a dog. Like Botti and RR mentioned, some dogs have to have their hair cut every 10-12 weeks. I bathe Marley all the time. The groomer cuts her hair, trims her nails, drains the anal glands and brushes her teeth. I don't have the talent or training to do what my groomer does. When we had our poodle, I attempted to cut his hair. It took hours and turned out horrible. For me, taking my dog to a good groomer is super important. Even professional groomers that do a great job, keep your dog super safe are hard to find.

Same here , Marty go about every 6 weeks , he get dirty so fast being a white doggies and his fur get matted very easy . Living a small city made it hard to find a good groomer . I was going to one for awhile b/c they made sure all the dogs are up to date on their shots worms test. Most groomers don't do this . I only wish they would get a new groomer that younger .

my friend got dog who spends most of time licking it arse..I look after dog every 6weeks for few days so I stick it under shower making sure bum done with plenty of soap get rid of dog smells..For some reason dogs like me always over me licking but I not a dog person..
Well learned name of me lady cleaner who starts next week

That I apparently missed an interview....

....In the UK.

That I didn't even know I had scheduled lol.

(Case of the mistaken identity email again with the same name).

That my contract was not extended. Back to my old job - job hunting. :(

That a Navy chaplain friend of mine's husband had a heart attack and passed away. He was only 43. He was a Lieutenant Commander. They just got married a couple years ago and have a 6 month old son. They were stationed in Norfolk, VA. They were stateside at the time being.

That a Navy chaplain friend of mine's husband had a heart attack and passed away. He was only 43. He was a Lieutenant Commander. They just got married a couple years ago and have a 6 month old son. They were stationed in Norfolk, VA. They were stateside at the time being.

Sorry AlleyCat, 43 so young. I hope the wife and baby have a lot of family and friends to help out. Life can be such a struggle at times.

my friend got dog who spends most of time licking it arse..I look after dog every 6weeks for few days so I stick it under shower making sure bum done with plenty of soap get rid of dog smells..For some reason dogs like me always over me licking but I not a dog person..
Well learned name of me lady cleaner who starts next week

It would rather hard to get my dog dried off and he would get all muddy when I took him out. The rabbits really did a number on our lawn and we have a lot bald spots. The rabbits also leave about the pile of
poop ! YUCKY !

My doggie sees the groomer every month or 2...her hair grows and grows...but she does not shed....She hates those bows and frills....humps the cat too....:giggle:...*thinking it's for attention*...or something else...I dunno!

I tried trimming/shaving her a few times...and her haircut was awful!...

Anyway, does anyone know how often the anal gland needs to be expressed? and the cost? The Vet did it last month during her checkup. So was thinking the groomers would be less expensive?

I had to find a new groomer after the last one cut Marley. The place I brought her to today did a great job and Marley came home very happy and cute as ever.

That Eric Stoltz was cast to play McFly first , I think the part was made for Mike J Fox!

I just read in my city online newspaper that some scammers spoofed a police station phone number and called a woman telling she needed to give them some money to avoid
being arrested ! The poor woman fell for this and cleaned out her bank account of $800. How horrible ! :( I can't post the link b/c I and not a subscriber of the papers.
There should be a some way to put a block on phone calls that are spoofed ! I got phone calls that had my phone # showing up on my caller ID !

:( My condolences AlleyCat...

I just learned some interesting about new sign language that was change by Deaf Diverse people like Japan, China and Korea that they want to change different signs for themselves. We can not use alphabet with finger which was suppose to be on the side of the eye. They felt insulted if we signed like that. So it is all depend on different signs for who they are in different country like Japan.

I was on the Native Deaf websites which there were two of them. They wanted to change signs, too. They decided that we can change from Indian sign from mouth to ear or nose to ear. They wanted the new sign as two separate fingers across the cheek which was part of the Warrior painted on the cheeks. Not all Natives have war paint on their cheeks, just only few of them do in the 19th Century. So this is new to me. I guess we would have to learned new signs in the 21st century.

I don't mind using the new sign for two separate fingers across the cheek (just only one hand) as Native or Indian.

My condolences and prayers sent.

That's very sad news. He was so young! I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back