What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky your bank supports it! :)
If you wanna be safe, I'd recommend to delete the photos of it in case you ever lose your phone or someone finds it.

The photos are taken with its embedded camera application, so are auto-deleted. But you're right, not a good idea to store sensitive info there.

:hmm: I wonder if I could use banking apps to take a check from a different bank. I make deposits monthly to BoA in someone else's account.

Any check under $1k can be deposited by the app, especially from another bank.

I use SunTrust .

SunTrust? oh. one of those little man banks

oi9hjl.jpg

90ri1y.jpg

:hmm: I wonder if I could use banking apps to take a check from a different bank. I make deposits monthly to BoA in someone else's account.

yea of course. I use BOA. I can deposit any check via my iPhone.

Just gave it a try from BoA app in apple store.. Seems I need an OnlineID/account with BoA.

Let me clear up what I'm doing:
I'm with a different bank trying to make an online deposit to someone else's BoA account, while using the app on my device. Are you guys sure this can be done?

Just gave it a try from BoA app in apple store.. Seems I need an OnlineID/account with BoA.

I'm with a different bank trying to make an online deposit to someone else's BoA account, while using the app on my device. Are you guys sure this can be done?

then you'll need that person's login info

Not all bank offers that feature. BOA is one of them that offers that feature by using other's E mail address. Since you didn't mention who was your bank so we can't answer that question. I think Chase is also one of them too.

Sounds like you are doing their transactions for them. You will need their login info while still using BoA on your phone.

Too dangerous, say if you give me your login information. What do you think I would do? If Im too crook, I will drain your bank account right there. Never share login information.

Sounds like you are doing their transactions for them. You will need their login info while still using BoA on your phone.

Too dangerous, say if you give me your login information. What do you think I would do? If Im too crook, I will drain your bank account right there. Never share login information.

then you must be not a trust-worthy person. I wouldn't have any problem giving it to Jess if she's doing a favor for me.

Its your call.

The more people you give, the more chances you will be robbed and will not be able to blame on who. You never know who to really trust.

If you ask bank reps if it is ok to give login information to somebody else, then give me their answer. I don't think you will admit that.

then you must be not a trust-worthy person. I wouldn't have any problem giving it to Jess if she's doing a favor for me.

Its your call.

The more people you give, the more chances you will be robbed and will not be able to blame on who. You never know who to really trust.

If you ask bank reps if it is ok to give login information to somebody else, then give me their answer. I don't think you will admit that.

the more people I give? now exactly why would I do that? :lol:

and it's pretty easy to find out who. IP address is recorded for each login.

IP address recorded is not always accurate, that is if one is smart enough to cover up.

the more people I give? now exactly why would I do that? :lol:

and it's pretty easy to find out who. IP address is recorded for each login.

Its your call.

We see that logic, but he added that because we know each other.

IP address recorded is not always accurate, that is if one is smart enough to cover up.

you seem to love saying "not always", eh? :lol:

again... exactly why would I give my login info to everybody? that's just plain dang comical. in fact - why don't I just go to Bronx in the middle of night and loudly announce that I am withdrawing a large sum of cash? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back