What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
that home made sweet potato fries are freaking AWESOME!!!!

I have never had that before. How are they made?

I have never had that before. How are they made?

I just sliced them up and deep fried them in canola oil :D shook some salt on them, I did regular fries too, I'd never made them home made before. I done good :D

oh like a handful at a time, the regular fries took about 3 minutes, the sweet potato ones a little longer, not sure how much I just kept checking on them, they probably would have cooked a little faster if I had sliced them thinner.

If you to try sweet potato fries first, without going through the trouble of making them Burger King sells them.

Alexia makes great sweet potato fries, sweet potato puffs, waffle fries. Frozen in bags, and you can just put them on a baking sheet in the oven.

I just sliced them up and deep fried them in canola oil :D shook some salt on them, I did regular fries too, I'd never made them home made before. I done good :D

oh like a handful at a time, the regular fries took about 3 minutes, the sweet potato ones a little longer, not sure how much I just kept checking on them, they probably would have cooked a little faster if I had sliced them thinner.

If you to try sweet potato fries first, without going through the trouble of making them Burger King sells them.

Cool! Thanks! I have a deep fryer. I make awesome onion rings and cheese curds too.

ah I do it differently. I prefer yam and all I do is slice'em and put'em in toaster. heat it to however you want. I prefer mine little bit burnt and crispy. heating it couple minutes before crispy type would make it bit chewy but it's tasty! it depends on my mood. chewy or crispy :hmm:

but I should try sweet potato because yam is pain in the ass to slice. it's too soft.

ah I do it differently. I prefer yam and all I do is slice'em and put'em in toaster. heat it to however you want. I prefer mine little bit burnt and crispy. heating it couple minutes before crispy type would make it bit chewy but it's tasty! it depends on my mood. chewy or crispy :hmm:

but I should try sweet potato because yam is pain in the ass to slice. it's too soft.

Oh and here I thought yams and sweet potatoes were the same thing. I guess I learned another thing! But the sweet potatoes were a lot harder than the regular potato I sliced up so you must be correct. I might that next time, it sounds much healthier that frying! I'm new to sweet potatoes their my new thing, I recently discovered I live them :D

:barf:

Do you by any chance mean a toaster oven? I would think they would fall through the wires on a regular toaster (the kind used for bread & such).

Do you add oil or anything? I've done potatoes in the oven cubed in oil and spice and it was really good. I'm planning on trying sweet potatoes that way.

i got to buy a small deep fryer box...you all making me wondering of another way to cook...

I learned today that I am terrified of clowns :eek3:
pennywise.jpg

:laugh2::laugh2:
_---------------------
Today I figured out how to deposit a check in a smartphone app. One less trio to make this evening. Whoohoo! :dance2:

Lucky your bank supports it! :)
If you wanna be safe, I'd recommend to delete the photos of it in case you ever lose your phone or someone finds it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back