What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to share?

Actually I forgot what it was. So much has happened this year. Now, I am trying to remember what it was since I posted that in Feb.

Learned today that I need to get my ears cleaned out every 6 months. Hoping my insurance is ok with that.

same here...keeps infections at bay...and my head feels less stuffy when it's done....The wax tends to stay embedded in my ears, and does not cobe out normally for some reason(s)....

i learn never criticize someone unless you walk a mile in their shoes,then when you do criticize you a mile away and you got their shoes:)

I learned a few new signs on the site Lifeprint like every day.
Still waiting to find a good soul to practice on Skype. Crossing my fingers!

Just learned that an acquaintance that died late last week was the result of a suicide. So heartbreaking. And just a few days before Father's Day. He had kids.

Learned that it's best to take a small nap in the car in the doctor's parking lot after having your eyes dilated.....:shock:..looking into the mirror it seemed or looked like I was on drugs or something...finally coming out of it. Pupils were really huge....and I looked bugged eyes.

Wirelessly posted

rockin'robin said:
Learned that it's best to take a small nap in the car in the doctor's parking lot after having your eyes dilated.....:shock:..looking into the mirror it seemed or looked like I was on drugs or something...finally coming out of it. Pupils were really huge....and I looked bugged eyes.

Glad you are ok .

The last time I had my eyes dilated I had a hard time just getting to my car, things were so, so blurry. I did the same as you and sat in my car until I felt safe to drive home. I finally have an eye appointment next week. I need new glasses so bad.

Wirelessly posted

I learned how to cancel MySpace. That site is filled with ads and junk, not worth my time of day. No more MySpace done and good riddance lol

Today i learned that if you will spoil your pet dog too much, he or she won't follow your commands anymore. She just run around the house like a crazy dog even if i was telling her to stop. Sigh.

Today I relearned people who are sleep deprived are crazy.

Yesterday I learned someone who was helping me had told me to train my dog too often and too close together, so today, with the new trainer, we have worked out a new schedule. I am adopting the part of the tortoise in The Tortoise and the Hare. Slow and steady wins the race.

Wirelessly posted

I learned how to cancel MySpace. That site is filled with ads and junk, not worth my time of day. No more MySpace done and good riddance lol

I didn't realize MySpace still existed. I thought that went the way of the 90's or 2000's. Huh.

I learned Barbara Hale who played Della Street, the secretary in the Perry Mason tv show from the 1950's and 60's is still alive and 90 years old!

Wirelessly posted

AlleyCat said:
Wirelessly posted

I didn't realize MySpace still existed. I thought that went the way of the 90's or 2000's. Huh.

It still there and my opinion it's garbage lol FB is way better. I never used myspace.

I learned that my roommate`s fake sister in law wants me to keep her company during tmws festivities. Nope, not gonna do it after she told my roommate that my community was not high class when my roommate announced that she and her kids are moving in with us. The old me would have been passive enough to take on that burden. I think...."not my %$>-$3 problem."

I have a myspace, I set it up and never used it until my neighbor asked me to do her a favor. Her husband had been married and divorced years before and he had 2 daughters that he hadn't seen since they were like 2 and 4ish. They were now grown and in their early 20's. I guess it was messy and the mother wouldn't let him have anything to do with them. My neighbor didn't have a computer she wanted to know if I would help her track them down, she had their names and knew one was living in florida and one was living in Denver. I found one of them, the one in Denver, on myspace. I sent her a message, hey you don't know me and this is crazy but call me maybe, wait no that's not how it went. I told her I knew her dad, and he'd like to get to know her, but to leave it all up to her I gave her his address. She ended up writing him :) and a few months later my neighbor and her husband flew out to Denver for a visit. yay!!!! gave me the warm fuzzies.

I have never used it again lol

Wirelessly posted

ambrosia said:

I have a myspace, I set it up and never used it until my neighbor asked me to do her a favor. Her husband had been married and divorced years before and he had 2 daughters that he hadn't seen since they were like 2 and 4ish. They were now grown and in their early 20's. I guess it was messy and the mother wouldn't let him have anything to do with them. My neighbor didn't have a computer she wanted to know if I would help her track them down, she had their names and knew one was living in florida and one was living in Denver. I found one of them, the one in Denver, on myspace. I sent her a message, hey you don't know me and this is crazy but call me maybe, wait no that's not how it went. I told her I knew her dad, and he'd like to get to know her, but to leave it all up to her I gave her his address. She ended up writing him :) and a few months later my neighbor and her husband flew out to Denver for a visit. yay!!!! gave me the warm fuzzies.

I have never used it again lol

Nice story , you helped someone find their daughter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back