What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted

My face and elbow learned what Orthostatic hypotension is.

Did you try putting your elbow in your ear (since we're not supposed to put anything smaller than that in our ears). :shock: :giggle:

Wirelessly posted

LoveBlue said:
Wirelessly posted

Did you try putting your elbow in your ear (since we're not supposed to put anything smaller than that in our ears). :shock: :giggle:

Huh?? LoL if I could ever get my elbow to my ear. I actually tried. :P

Wirelessly posted

LoveBlue said:
Wirelessly posted

Wirelessly posted

Huh?? LoL if I could ever get my elbow to my ear. I actually tried. :P

Oops, I read hypotension as hyperextension. :lol:

Yeah, the floor and I met face first last night after a bath. First time it happened to me. Called my Dr and she said Orthostatic hypotension. I have an appt. tomorrow to rule out any other possible cause.

I learned that the dog food I have is not good for my dog. Get to buy something new tomorrow.

Wirelessly posted
Yeah, the floor and I met face first last night after a bath. First time it happened to me. Called my Dr and she said Orthostatic hypotension. I have an appt. tomorrow to rule out any other possible cause.

Ouch! That is a face-to-face meeting you ever want to have!

I realized today that newly graded roads are beautiful, yeah! ... even if the result is mounds and mounds of ugly dirty packed snow chunks on the boulevards.

I learn that it does not mean squat if a woman takes ASL classes for me if they are not going to call for me when I want to buy something on craigslist.

Today I learned, That I am never going to be perfect.. But I can be a friend to anyone..

Learned my step 5 ASL class was merged with the step 6 class. And I was nervous about step 5. Egads. Thankfully my daughter is taking the classes with me & is picking it up a lot better than me.

fluloride

and that's nerve poison, they have used it since WW2, and continued to keep peple calm and be good workers for capitalism , its used as a kind of 'civilsed mind control' substance, so see why? we're urged to brish teeths in mornings, no body's gonna kiss you good morning...strange

I learned how to sip wine slowly

good, and learn to 'kiss wine slowly too' and leanr to SNIFF and drink same time too, you'd get more from wine, I collect wines.

i learned i am consumed with all interest in garden and money, and not fussed about social life anymore ...like i became a recluse

good, and learn to 'kiss wine slowly too' and leanr to SNIFF and drink same time too, you'd get more from wine, I collect wines.

cool, which brands of wine do you collect?

I don't really collect because I would be more than likely to drink it all in fifteen seconds. I usually prefer red wine, and my favorite one is Almaden's Mountain Burgundy one.

The only white wine I like is gewurztraminer, a bit variant of riesling.

Good talking to you. I have been pointed the direction to you by an user (can't remember the alias right now) in some post... lol.

well, first of all, im from New Zealand, so im mostly limited to NZ wines, but dont be fooled, we make some of the best in the world right here.
I like Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir,cabernet merlot, Reisiliing, Gwerztraminer, Pinot Gris, , Shiraz, Zinfandel, merlot, Malbec merlot, combos, GSV.ave
some are cellared for 6 months, others 5 years, others 20 years. (im a beginner, sort of, bit more than that now, have some experience (and understanding which is important, as you can be experience but dont know what, or how to recall what really gets your fancy (get my drift?)...

my main interest follows the 'orders' i laid out, i like oaky (not tooo oaky chardonnays), sauvigonon blanc thats not too minerally (tasteless, i like more fruit front SBs) chardonnays i prefer hazelnet, buttery types with some well centred floral/fruit focus. similarly as got for pinot noir, but with a well framed 'tannins' to highlight everything in its origin, like what soil it come from, how old, leafy smell intact, rich fruit or light but abudence fruit focus of strawberry/rashberry that sort of thing...

yeah merlot is DARK fruit, cabernet is woodier and makes it stronger for long cellaring...
hope some of my notes in here might be helpful, but dont expect you to understand all of it, it DOES takes time, and its not funny, a bloody expensive hobby...im not wealthy at all, i do know how to get 6 or 12 of premium whites for peanuts and put away pinot noirs each year (and drink the 5-7 year old pinot noirs at same time -replacing) some its kind of fun but the fun has to have have a strict 5 year cycle...hard to do, but rewarding, i usually buy 3 pinot noirs, 1 to drink now , 1 for 2 or 3 years, get the idea where its going then decide 5-7 years, some can do 10-15 years...but mines are merlot blends, the BEST red in NZ, i dont muck around..

i like bourbon, whisky too, but i prefer wines for summer, which is why i prefer pinot noir as they are more approachable than other reds, and yet, the best Pinot noirs (read yes expensive) are good investment, just gotta keep it in stable always-cool-and -dark places...
cheers.
now i need to sip more of the 2011 Lowlands Sauvingon blanc...darn its nice, gooseberry with lifted notes, and its smooth and it oesnt give me headahces cuz it not the cheapie...

i like reisliing, esp the REAl german ones
aged well the smell like kerosine, but boy do they taste beautifully, and savoury. its just sublime! (aged be to 100 years), got a few of those..

,,and um i dunno your wine, lookig on net...ah its a pinot noir varient. good start, try avoid boxed, get bottled versions, then try sample diff pinot noir, dare yourself to go up scale a bit to see what fuss about, but do ask what 'sellars/attendeat in bottle store) think of it, you'd find they have interest (provided youre in the right sort of shop)...go from there. but yeah you dont have to spend lot at all, stronger tannin tend to age better but are harsher to drink now. and more floral may or may not have as much fruit, on taste,sometimes you have to learn, to know which makers' intent like if its made for opening and leave it to breathe for 15-20 mins then drink or drink as you open, or pour carefully if sediments etc etc so its a lot to take in, but its never boring just sometimes a pain in ass when you can't get a repeat of last years favourite...and to re-capture that buss is up to your skills and paitence
good luck!

This morning I learned that I can, in fact, get up and out of the house and walk to church for a 7am meet-up. Moreover, I learned that the walk is very nice in the morning!

I also learned that no matter how tired I am, coffee in the morning will guarantee that I will be too wired to go back to bed after the previously mentioned meet-up. :run:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back