What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned that I need sunscreen lotion for camping and cornhole games.

I got worst sunburn and heat rash. :ugh: :lol:

That some people are really stupid . I just heard on the news that a woman had a bobcat in her backyard and she told the news reporter " From now on all the pets will be on a line outside." The bobcat is going to love this , a tied up dog on a rope. Poor pets .

a very large asteroid just missed Earth by a distance of 3 times that of the Moon's Orbit, it was so big about - it's 352 meters (1,100 feet) long!...

We took my wedding ring to the jeweler and found out my diamond has a crack in it. Now have to file a claim with our insurance carrier. What a bummer!!! I thought a diamond was forever.........

Update.....We took my wedding ring to a gemologist and found out my diamond is not cracked. Looks like a natural inclusion. The diamond was very loose so they are resetting it and building up the prongs. Total cost $200. We are super excited to be able to keep the diamond we got married with. Ring should be ready tomorrow. Good news is the best!!!!

i learned that Go karts ARE NOT KIDS hobbies NO FREAKING WAY, its DeADLY SERIOUS, 250cc do 250km/hr LOVE it...

I'm a pack rat. Oh, wait. I already knew that. Am slowly going through boxes in the basement and currently am going through papers & cards.

Found my mom's childhood illnesses notebook for the 6 of us. A little late for my daughter's homework where she was doing a health assessment of me & was asking when I had the measles, etc. :o

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

learn cities are just to hot to walk about in,and leart swimming pool bus ride away

I learned that the national average for male semi truck drivers to live is 56 years old, as opposed to the national average of 75 for males to live.

I studies to cochlear implant/ASL :D I learn how figure out how.... it is look likes I studies cochlear implant hardest it..!

That is sad! Did they give any particular reason why?

Yes. One is the high stress of the job, and being away from family so much. That, and there are stringent rules they have to follow, which just adds to the stress. When I saw my Dad after a recent truck trip last month, he had a bad week, and he had a beard growing, something I hadn't seen in many years, so I kinda know from personal experience what he's going through, because semi truck driving takes a lot of skill, and not everyone can do it. One of the biggest concerns for truck drivers is the trailer and load, and it's also what's causing the most stress, because those loads have a very strict delivery time, and if they don't get to where they're going, they don't get paid.

Yes. One is the high stress of the job, and being away from family so much. That, and there are stringent rules they have to follow, which just adds to the stress. When I saw my Dad after a recent truck trip last month, he had a bad week, and he had a beard growing, something I hadn't seen in many years, so I kinda know from personal experience what he's going through, because semi truck driving takes a lot of skill, and not everyone can do it. One of the biggest concerns for truck drivers is the trailer and load, and it's also what's causing the most stress, because those loads have a very strict delivery time, and if they don't get to where they're going, they don't get paid.

Other factors involved too...lack of sleep, and some truckers take "bennies" to keep awake...traffic snarl-ups...and driving a big rig is no piece of cake....plus all that bouncing around in the cab of the truck is bad on the kidneys...driving in all types of weather....so many things....

Other factors involved too...lack of sleep, and some truckers take "bennies" to keep awake...traffic snarl-ups...and driving a big rig is no piece of cake....plus all that bouncing around in the cab of the truck is bad on the kidneys...driving in all types of weather....so many things....

Yes, those, too. Lack of sleep is actually a big no-no. Truck drivers aren't supposed to drive more than 10 hours at a time, but recently, several fatal accidents have had truck drivers ignoring that rule, and they're not supposed to be. That rule was put in place for safety reasons. In fact, I saw a box semi truck just yesterday, bringing me back to my childhood. Good memories, those were. Those trucks aren't so common today (I think.... could be wrong here). Anyways, there are indeed factors to consider when driving a rig. That's why I watch this show called Big Rig Bounty, so I can learn a little bit. That show has given me a little bit of a better understanding of criminals and certain types of truck drivers.

Those truckers doesn't have much time to exercise for their health wise. They are always on the road, like the you said above... the stress is always high due to the pressure for the delivery schedule. I could say same for some of the city bus driver with the lack of exercise. Long haul truckers sit in the cab all day and night and doesn't go out much that is bad for the health.

Those truckers doesn't have much time to exercise for their health wise. They are always on the road, like the you said above... the stress is always high due to the pressure for the delivery schedule. I could say same for some of the city bus driver with the lack of exercise. Long haul truckers sit in the cab all day and night and doesn't go out much that is bad for the health.

Yes, I've seen CTA bus drivers and CTA train motormen get stressed out over the schedule, and how strict the CTA is about being on-time. They actually make bus drivers sit at a red light if they get to a stop a few minutes too early. That's how strict they are.

That some people are not too bright. I had posted that my city spend $5000 putting up signs warning people the water is the frog pond may pose a health risk to kids and dogs. I saw a father letting his son fish in the pond today and another dad was letting his son trying to catch turtles with a net. I guess some parents just do not care about their kids health.

That some people are not too bright. I had posted that my city spend $5000 putting up signs warning people the water is the frog pond may pose a health risk to kids and dogs. I saw a father letting his son fish in the pond today and another dad was letting his son trying to catch turtles with a net. I guess some parents just do not care about their kids health.

There is always that people that say.. Na it wont happen. They exaggerate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back