What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My interpreter for the work meeting told me she beat up two other interpreters to be there. Of course I do not believe it, but such flattery made her my favorite now. Hah.

Today I learned that Bayer had the trademark rights to "Heroin" until the Treaty of Versailles was signed.

I learned that I can't get passport without my expired passport. I misplaced it somewhere in my apt or my mom's house. I want to go to Canada this July. :(

I learned that my current Android keyboard is terrible for setting up/changing passwords, as I messed up my Google account TWICE before I fixed it.

I learned that I can't get passport without my expired passport. I misplaced it somewhere in my apt or my mom's house. I want to go to Canada this July. :(

When did you start needing a passport to got Canada , I drove there with my ex husband and we did not need a passport. This was in the 90's .

When you reapply bring your birth certificate and Drivers License or State ID. Some people lose their passports. Shouldn't prevent you from getting a new one. If you need it by July, that's cutting it close, though. You may have to apply for an expedited passport.

When did you start needing a passport to got Canada , I drove there with my ex husband and we did not need a passport. This was in the 90's .

The law for requiring a passport to enter Canada passed on June 30, 2009.

When you reapply bring your birth certificate and Drivers License or State ID. Some people lose their passports. Shouldn't prevent you from getting a new one. If you need it by July, that's cutting it close, though. You may have to apply for an expedited passport.

My mom made a copy of my birth certificate for me when I visited her few weeks ago. I hope that is acceptable. I will try to apply without my expired passport tmw or the next day.

Yup. The 1990's were a good time, but after 2001, things got tougher, and for good reason.

things got tougher cuz it's called growing up and responsibilities.

things got tougher cuz it's called growing up and responsibilities.

WTFDonkToysAL-e1329963114557.jpg

I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys R US kid. :D

I learned my grandfather served with Clark Gable during WWII at Polebrook Airbase in England.

Wow... Clark Gable is a legend actor. He was going thru tough times when his first wife died in a plane crash during the war bond tour.

I learned my grandfather served with Clark Gable during WWII at Polebrook Airbase in England.

Wow... Clark Gable is a legend actor. He was going thru tough times when his first wife died in a plane crash during the war bond tour.

That's why he signed up. He flew a few bombing missions on the B-17's recording video and made a movie using that footage called "Combat America" showing how it really happened.
Original movie:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Combat-America-Major-Clark-Gable/dp/B000R9AKQS/ref=pd_cp_mov_0]Amazon.com: Combat America (1943): Major Clark Gable, William A. Hatcher: Movies & TV[/ame]

Newer remake:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Combat-America-Clark-Gable/dp/B00005B1YG]Amazon.com: Combat America: Clark Gable, William A. Hatcher, Philip J. Hulls, Kenneth L. Hulls, Theodore R. Geropolis, Daniel F. Stevens, Paul J. Posti, Tim Tuchet, Henry H. Arnold, Ace Akins, Pete Provenzale, Bob Hope: Movies & TV[/ame]

This is a website for the 351st bombardment group gives all the missions flown, plane crews, support personnel, POW or KIA, how many missions each plane went on and details. Theres a link on the left for Group Personnel you can click that then the G link and it'll have his name, rank plane and pic of him and the crew. It also has a list of all the B-17's that were used and some have pics of them after they crashed.
351BG frames

I found my grandfathers name in there too with his info he was stationed there 2 years I went and ask my mom about it she said he told her he knew Clark Gable while he was there.

I'm sure your grandfather was honored to serve with Clark Gable. :)

That's why he signed up. He flew a few bombing missions on the B-17's recording video and made a movie using that footage called "Combat America" showing how it really happened.
Original movie:
Amazon.com: Combat America (1943): Major Clark Gable, William A. Hatcher: Movies & TV

Newer remake:
Amazon.com: Combat America: Clark Gable, William A. Hatcher, Philip J. Hulls, Kenneth L. Hulls, Theodore R. Geropolis, Daniel F. Stevens, Paul J. Posti, Tim Tuchet, Henry H. Arnold, Ace Akins, Pete Provenzale, Bob Hope: Movies & TV

This is a website for the 351st bombardment group gives all the missions flown, plane crews, support personnel, POW or KIA, how many missions each plane went on and details. Theres a link on the left for Group Personnel you can click that then the G link and it'll have his name, rank plane and pic of him and the crew. It also has a list of all the B-17's that were used and some have pics of them after they crashed.
351BG frames

I found my grandfathers name in there too with his info he was stationed there 2 years I went and ask my mom about it she said he told her he knew Clark Gable while he was there.

I'm sure your grandfather was honored to serve with Clark Gable. :)

Its interesting finding that stuff online and having family confirm it I've got pics of him taken at that airfield some he's on the wings of the B-17's. Still got his dog tags too and even a pic of him with a monkey over there LOL :laugh2:

Yeah it's nice to learn something what your family members did in history. One of my grandfathers was a plane mechanic stationed in Guam and the other was a MP in mainland. :)

Its interesting finding that stuff online and having family confirm it I've got pics of him taken at that airfield some he's on the wings of the B-17's. Still got his dog tags too and even a pic of him with a monkey over there LOL :laugh2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back