What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I ended up with this official looking drivers license sized card in my wallet with my passport number and expiration date. It has a couple of websites and a bunch of phone numbers on the back.

I see it is my writing on it. I do not remember filling it out or how I got it. It is handy though and is supposed to help me expedite getting a replacement passport.

Yeah it's nice to learn something what your family members did in history. One of my grandfathers was a plane mechanic stationed in Guam and the other was a MP in mainland. :)

I think I'd have rather been a mechanic ;) It's weird to think about my mom wasn't born til 1948 so if something had happened to him, her or me and a lot of people wouldn't even be here today.

We took my wedding ring to the jeweler and found out my diamond has a crack in it. Now have to file a claim with our insurance carrier. What a bummer!!! I thought a diamond was forever.........

We took my wedding ring to the jeweler and found out my diamond has a crack in it. Now have to file a claim with our insurance carrier. What a bummer!!! I thought a diamond was forever.........

Wow, I thought so too. Will they cover a replacement diamond?

Wow, I thought so too. Will they cover a replacement diamond?

We took out special insurance just for my ring. We shall see how it goes when we file the claim. We have been paying the premium for over 25 years. I hope it's not a big hassle. I feel naked without my wedding ring, makes me sad.

We took out special insurance just for my ring. We shall see how it goes when we file the claim. We have been paying the premium for over 25 years. I hope it's not a big hassle. I feel naked without my wedding ring, makes me sad.

I would too. I hope they take care of it all speedily. A fiend of mine lost her diamond when the prongs came loose, and her insurance replaced it right away.

I would too. I hope they take care of it all speedily. A fiend of mine lost her diamond when the prongs came loose, and her insurance replaced it right away.

Well that is good news, hopefully our insurance will do the same. This will be our very first claim on our home owners. My sister lost her 1 carat diamond and they had no insurance on it.

Still reading, heard it before but never researched it till today ... Hitler put out a reward for Clark Gable to be captured alive.

Adolf Hitler favored Gable above all other actors. During World War II, Hitler offered a sizable reward to anyone who could capture and bring Gable to him unscathed.

Clark Gable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Learned that somebody needs to get one of my neighbors into AAA....ASAP!...She's getting on my nerves...feel I will mention it to another neighbor this week to see what can be done....since her family doesn't live in my city...Social drinking is one thing...but binge drinking every all day and night is another...Slopping drunk!....Falling down and can't get up....

Learned that somebody needs to get one of my neighbors into AAA....ASAP!...She's getting on my nerves...feel I will mention it to another neighbor this week to see what can be done....since her family doesn't live in my city...Social drinking is one thing...but binge drinking every all day and night is another...Slopping drunk!....Falling down and can't get up....

Who provides her with the booze?

If she's that intoxicated it almost seems as if she needs medical care ASAP. See if you can get her to an ER. Many hospitals have a short-stay detox program where people can dry out for a few days under a doctors care. If your neighbor has medical insurance she may appreciate this idea.

If she's that intoxicated it almost seems as if she needs medical care ASAP. See if you can get her to an ER. Many hospitals have a short-stay detox program where people can dry out for a few days under a doctors care. If your neighbor has medical insurance she may appreciate this idea.

Good to know...but....she won't go....and believe she's been to Rehab before...when I did try to talk with her about it....she's in complete "denial"...and said all she wants is to be happy...and "a few drinks" here and there...nothing wrong with it".....Then starts crying about all "her ailments"....Noticed too...she takes so many meds...when she's intoxicated....told her not a good idea...then she goes into a tirade about her meds not being narcotics.....

Anyway...feel sure something is gonna happen real soon...and she'll be forced into Rehab...regardless....

I'm going to see another neighbor today....and see if she can talk some sense into her....

I understand. It's hard to make someone want to do something if they're in denial. Maybe if enough neighbors approach this woman she might get the picture. My hubby's cousin was in rehab more often than not. His latest stint, the doctors told him he would die before his next rehab trip he had too much damage, so he completely quit drinking. I hope he can hold onto that. He's younger than I !

I understand. It's hard to make someone want to do something if they're in denial. Maybe if enough neighbors approach this woman she might get the picture. My hubby's cousin was in rehab more often than not. His latest stint, the doctors told him he would die before his next rehab trip he had too much damage, so he completely quit drinking. I hope he can hold onto that. He's younger than I !

Yeah....well...I talked to another neighbor and she will try to help her...sort of an "intervention" tomorrow evening....my main concern was her taking her meds while intoxicated.....at least she is still alive today (as my friend called her, asking how she was feeling)....she was still "hung over"....but at least alive.....Her legs & ankles are so swollen up!....It's from the drinking.....She's 48...too young for this mess....

I hope she gets the help she needs... consuming so much alcoholic is bad for the kidney as well as the health.

She's at Winn-Dixie Liquors almost every day....so she buys it herself.

Good to know...but....she won't go....and believe she's been to Rehab before...when I did try to talk with her about it....she's in complete "denial"...and said all she wants is to be happy...and "a few drinks" here and there...nothing wrong with it".....Then starts crying about all "her ailments"....Noticed too...she takes so many meds...when she's intoxicated....told her not a good idea...then she goes into a tirade about her meds not being narcotics.....

Anyway...feel sure something is gonna happen real soon...and she'll be forced into Rehab...regardless....

I'm going to see another neighbor today....and see if she can talk some sense into her....

Its a really nice thing ya'll want to help her but if she don't want help its pointless. You can't save someone that don't want to be saved.

I learned that replacing 18 tires on an 18-wheeler costs $20,000+. That's a heckva price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back