What did you learn today? Part II

^^^Uh oh. Did you learn the hard way? :shock:

I learned of a bar near my house - we all went there last night - their ceiling is all decked out full of bras. It was a funny sight.

^^^ It was fun. If you donate your bra, you get a free shot. I didn't oblige. ($20 bra =/= $2 shot) :lol:

It would just foreclose. Nobody gets summoned to court over non-payment by an ex-husband. At least not here. Maybe other states are different, but I do not think anyone is summoned to court over civil (housing) matters.

Actually, one is allowed to hand the house back to the bank. The dangers of short sales is that you may end up owing taxes on it that's more than when you got from the sale. Deed in lieu of foreclosure will not have any effect on your credit rating and you walk away without any further financial responsibilities or obligations.

Also, if it's a FHA or VA loan, she can contact HUD who has a good reputation for helping struggling homeowners. They don't issue loans but they insure them.

How Can I Give My House Back to the Bank? | eHow.com

You can give your house back to the bank through a voluntary process called "deed in lieu of foreclosure." Homeowners who realize they can no longer afford their home often choose this route instead of allowing the bank to foreclose on the property. The bank benefits by saving on the legal fees necessary for a forced foreclosure. With a deed in lieu of foreclosure, you voluntarily transfer all rights to the property to the bank. The bank then cancels the remaining balance on your mortgage, and you walk away with no further responsibility for the home.

Read more: How Can I Give My House Back to the Bank? | eHow.com How Can I Give My House Back to the Bank? | eHow.com

Actually, one is allowed to hand the house back to the bank. The dangers of short sales is that you may end up owing taxes on it that's more than when you got from the sale. Deed in lieu of foreclosure will not have any effect on your credit rating and you walk away without any further financial responsibilities or obligations.

Also, if it's a FHA or VA loan, she can contact HUD who has a good reputation for helping struggling homeowners. They don't issue loans but they insure them.

How Can I Give My House Back to the Bank? | eHow.com

You can give your house back to the bank through a voluntary process called "deed in lieu of foreclosure." Homeowners who realize they can no longer afford their home often choose this route instead of allowing the bank to foreclose on the property. The bank benefits by saving on the legal fees necessary for a forced foreclosure. With a deed in lieu of foreclosure, you voluntarily transfer all rights to the property to the bank. The bank then cancels the remaining balance on your mortgage, and you walk away with no further responsibility for the home.

Read more: How Can I Give My House Back to the Bank? | eHow.com How Can I Give My House Back to the Bank? | eHow.com

Just sent the link to my friend. I told her to pls contact her lawyer about this situation but she doesnt want to pay more in legal fees. I told her that I am not educated in this area. She is very dependent on us (my hubby and I) when dealing with these kinds of things.

Thanks girl!

I learned that a woman in my Sunday School class is allergic to seafood. I've never met someone with this food allergy before although I have heard of it before.

^^^ One of my friends is allergic to Onions, and two are allergic to gluten. Often wonder if their allergies are a result of 3M's waste products here in MN. I found out that Dr.s even track the amount of PFC's in Minnesotans blood! Not good.

A while back there was talk of AR reinstating the inspections simply because there are so many cars out there that don't meet minimum requirements. I've seen some jalopies that would be better served as scrap metal.

Or as a chicken coop. :D

Basically, there's no such thing as debtor's prison in the US.

Just sent the link to my friend. I told her to pls contact her lawyer about this situation but she doesnt want to pay more in legal fees. I told her that I am not educated in this area. She is very dependent on us (my hubby and I) when dealing with these kinds of things.

Thanks girl!

She doesn't need to consult her lawyer - she just has to get in touch with her bank and prove she's unable to make her payments and that she unsuccessfully tried to sell her house at FAIR market value for 90 days. It's best she does this as soon as possible to prevent her credit rating from getting ruined.

I just got back from working in the Channel Islands. Here in UK we get points on our driving licence if we get caught using a mobile phone, I found out that in the Channel Islands they do not have points on their licence they get a fine and a temporary suspension for a week or month etc depending upon how bad the offence is. Just found it interesting, it never occurred to me that other countries don't get points on their licences for driving offences.

Found out that my Christmas budget isn't so bad.....The weather is rainy and cold today...but tomorrow...it's Xmas shopping for me. The only thing under our tree is my son's new Guitar....my other son's Class Ring should be in sometime this week...he's excited. And hopefully, I'll get the present that I mostly wanted this year from my oldest son....NEW Pots & Pans!...While in the Hospital, my 3 boys managed to burn up several of my Pots...grrrrr

Found out that my Christmas budget isn't so bad.....The weather is rainy and cold today...but tomorrow...it's Xmas shopping for me. The only thing under our tree is my son's new Guitar....my other son's Class Ring should be in sometime this week...he's excited. And hopefully, I'll get the present that I mostly wanted this year from my oldest son....NEW Pots & Pans!...While in the Hospital, my 3 boys managed to burn up several of my Pots...grrrrr

Sounds like they need some supervised cooking time! After all, you are not going to college with them to cook for them.... are you?

In AR we are issues points if we receive fines for driving violations. After so many points you get a letter reminding you that driving is a privilege in AR. If you max out on points you lose your license.

Learned 2 more people I know have died. One is a former supervisor & the other a long time member of my summer theater group. :(

:laugh2:
Good for you. My mom taught my daughter when she was around 7years old. She could knit and crochet very fast. We use to think it was a little funny, her sitting in the rocking chair knitting at 7years old. She was so fast and could do it without looking.:angel:

:laugh2:

Back