What did you learn today? Part II

I learned that the doggy's stitches looked good after 9 days ( she had vet checkup ) so her stitches came out. One happy doggy!

Fried food, and free ice cream? It's no wonder his bloodwork is off. Glad to hear that yours is good. Now you've just got to work on getting him "back on the wagon" so to speak. :)

I called the boss at work, since hubby has no will-power. Boss said company has changed policy this week and no more free ice cream will be available. MIL has decided that she will not take him out without asking me. I tell him what he is to order and remind her of the choices. They get written down and she hands it to the waitress. Hubby has no say. Luckily, they go to the same restaurant all the time. Also, KFC and Buds's chicken are now off the list of places to go as well as McD's, Burger King and Taco Bell. Looks like it's Denny's or me cooking only.

I learned that the doggy's stitches looked good after 9 days ( she had vet checkup ) so her stitches came out. One happy doggy!

Whhhoooo hooooo - good news.

I learned that people think their kids are functioning perfectly are just as annoying as the ones that want their kids to have 25 labels... :roll: :roll:

I learned that I ordered headpins in the wrong gauge size for my semi precious beads. Well, I'll keep them for my other beads and order new ones in the right gauge size later this month or next month.

I called the boss at work, since hubby has no will-power. Boss said company has changed policy this week and no more free ice cream will be available. MIL has decided that she will not take him out without asking me. I tell him what he is to order and remind her of the choices. They get written down and she hands it to the waitress. Hubby has no say. Luckily, they go to the same restaurant all the time. Also, KFC and Buds's chicken are now off the list of places to go as well as McD's, Burger King and Taco Bell. Looks like it's Denny's or me cooking only.

Give him some choices or face a very long uphill battle. You know how much a kid will put uP a fuss when they don't get a choice, now imagine a grown working man.

I learned the product and chain rules equivalencies for integrals, that small pKa=large Ka=strong acids, that averaging everything everywhere in stats is most often the answer.
School stuffs.

I just learned that my son may have retina detachment, he just got 2 more spots in his left eye. His first spot was last year and now it appearing again.
Sigh..so he will see his eye dr tomorrow.

Yeah.. Photo journalism is his major, soon graduating. So, he will need a good eyes.

I learned that I can survive through an hour of master cycling class! It's been a long time since I've been, but it wasn't nearly as hard as I remember. I've worked hard getting in better shape this year, and I'm determined not to lose it over the cold winter.

^^^ Being deaf, we really value our eyes. I hope its just a minor issue.

I learned a little bit about genetics today. It is interesting. Knowledge that was generated by experimenting with lab flies and mice in decades past.

^^^ Being deaf, we really value our eyes. I hope its just a minor issue.

I hoping for that, I will find out more after his appt tomorrow. If it's a major issue, surgery require or whatnot, I will fly up and stay with him for week to give him support.

I learned that our close friend just closed on his house, and all went well. Happy day for him!

I learned that I can survive through an hour of master cycling class! It's been a long time since I've been, but it wasn't nearly as hard as I remember. I've worked hard getting in better shape this year, and I'm determined not to lose it over the cold winter.

This is what I do during winter (even now) for two hours.

Attachments

• IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0191.jpg
    IMG_0191.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 9
^^^Wow, serious equipment! I went to the gym, and even made a comment to the instructor telling her she'd be seeing me more regularly. Now I've made a commitment! I'm inclined to be a lazy butt, so getting myself there is especially challenging.

Back