What did you learn today? Part II

My teacher showed me same as hunger, but moving up and down shorter distance and quicker. Or rather, he corrected my sign so that it wasn't!

My teacher showed me same as hunger, but moving up and down shorter distance and quicker. Or rather, he corrected my sign so that it wasn't!

Laughing at the idea that he was telling you "no, you are not horny, you are just hungry" lol. Thanks!

When your ASL teacher suddenly invites you over for a coffee and a night cap... You *might* want to check your signs.

It's more of a problem if the STUDENT sends out the invite unknowingly! :naughty:

I learned that son of the girl whose family lived two next houses to my family house for many years, got engulfed with fire that his friends and he played fire with gasoline in the wood. He has suffered a third degree burn over his body and he is going to stay in hospital for a long while. The doctors initially thought he was going to be blind and in the end he was able to regain his vision. Sighs. :(

Boy burned in fire airlifted to St. John's - Local - The Western Star

Damn, that's awful. My thoughts goes out to that boy. I hope they either have strong pain killers or a induced coma for the boy.

My heart goes out to his family.

^^^Ha! If my instructor did that he'd get a pink slip.

Yes I know what you meant. My sister whose good friend is his mother, has kept my family updated as soon as she receives news. I know one guy from my old SD and he had bit of third degree burn on side of his throat from gasoline on campfire. He has had to wear nylon bandages and undergo skin graft operation for a lifetime. Believe me, it is not a pretty sight when he changes his nylon covers.

If his mother asks for my help like a donation, I am more than willing to do it.

UPDATE:

Boy recovering from burns - Nfld. & Labrador - CBC News

It turned out that his burned body is not as severe as thought which is a good news. He got all 1st, 2nd and 3rd burn degrees on some of his body.

Learnt that the president of the United States is flying in canberra this afternoon.

Don't know if you need to do examination to teach here. All I know is you need a Bachelor of Education just to teach here.

But hey, something for you to ponder about. :)

Here in AR, you have to take the Praxis I to qualify for the student-teaching practicum, then once you complete your studies at uni and you receive your Bachelor of Fine Arts in Education you are eligible to take the Praxis II exam which actually qualifies you to teach in the state of AR.

I'll be alone for Thanksgiving and quite possibly Christmas, too. I had an offer to go down to DC for Thanksgiving weekend, but I have to work on Black Friday so no can do... :( And the tickets are too steep for me to even be able to afford flying back to CA for Christmas...

I'll just buy myself a honey ham and mashed potatoes. That'll be my Thanksgiving dinner.

I'll be alone for Thanksgiving and quite possibly Christmas, too. I had an offer to go down to DC for Thanksgiving weekend, but I have to work on Black Friday so no can do... :( And the tickets are too steep for me to even be able to afford flying back to CA for Christmas...

I'll just buy myself a honey ham and mashed potatoes. That'll be my Thanksgiving dinner.

Your more than welcome to come to Arkansas. =)

Has happened to me too, during the Holidays...but what I did one year was visit sick kids at the hospital, then took books to a Nursing Home....I also fed the Homeless on Christmas Day once....Here's hoping you can turn around the lonely Holiday(s) and find something to make urself feel better....

That my favorite aunt is going through a hard time. Her best friend just died of cancer and she's filing for divorce.. because her husband is a moron who does nothing but party and drink his face off. It's not going to be easy, seeing that she just got laid off from her job and will be a single mother taking care of 3 kids. I feel bad about the whole situation...

I learned today that when you spend the night making homemade soup, you wake up in the morning still smelling like soup :shock:.

I learned I have 2 newish cavities in my mouth. Oh fantastic... OH and dentist also wants to redo one filling he did in the last year or 2, he doesn't like how it looks haha. Doy!

Didn't learn today, but last Friday. Hubby's cholesterol is through the roof. He is now on a low cholesterol/low fat/low sodium/no coffee diet. He cannot even have decaf coffee and he is hating it.

All of his blood levels were good and on the low side of normal just 2 1/2 years ago when we were in Missouri. That was the blood work they did before his heart catheterization. We get down here, his job is in an ice cream plant and they get all this free ice cream to eat daily and he can't pass it up, his mother take him out all the time or orders pizza and fried chicken quite frequently and he can't say no. Doc was amazed as all my levels are normal. Had mine tested again just to make sure and no problems with mine.

Fried food, and free ice cream? It's no wonder his bloodwork is off. Glad to hear that yours is good. Now you've just got to work on getting him "back on the wagon" so to speak. :)

Back