What did you learn today? Part II

Found out flood conditions are about to get worse as it spreads from Baton Rouge to New Orleans. On the way home to wait it out, but resting in Mobile, AL. Fiancee's coast guard unit was deployed to assist stranded people. I really hate this.

Found out flood conditions are about to get worse as it spreads from Baton Rouge to New Orleans. On the way home to wait it out, but resting in Mobile, AL. Fiancee's coast guard unit was deployed to assist stranded people. I really hate this.
You and many others are in my thoughts. Scary and I hope everyone stays safe.

You and many others are in my thoughts. Scary and I hope everyone stays safe.
Thank you Shel! :hug: I have just started a new job there, and now this. Sad, but it is expected being located on a swamp literally.

I didn't realize people used Hulu. I watch everything on the internet free. I guess if you need subtitles it may be hard to find.

I learned that access is an issue. I guess I always knew it was an issue but never really thought about it.
Yeah it is hard to find subtitles for the TV shows that are free.

That I really don't want to work today. I want to go boating !!

I hope it comes west :giggle:

Waste of time to do the time change lol
Yeah I use to go to a flea market and there was one barn filled with all kind of clocks and I asked the guy if had to change all of those clocks
for daylight saving time and he said "YES!" It took him forever to do this , I bet if he still selling clocks he would jump for joy if this pass! LOL!

Thank you Shel! :hug: I have just started a new job there, and now this. Sad, but it is expected being located on a swamp literally.

What is your home like? I can't help but think of moving as much as possible to the second floor if in a two story house.

My "like" earlier was a way to saying that you are in my thoughts as well.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your husband. Stay safe!

Be safe ! How close are you to the flooding ? I don't blame you for hating this ,I just saw it on the news and it very frighten looking .

Learned my temp position does not have to follow the contractors furlough plan. So relieved because the furlough plan is for contractors to be off the biz days before and after holidays.
Thoughts and prayers to you and your husband. Stay safe!
Husband? You might want to read her post again.

bmxing is an olympic sport...

and surfing will be in 2020

I learned to NOT buy clothes online. The tee shirt that I ordered was made of cheap fabric and shrunk 2-3 sizes after 1st wash and tumble dry low. :mad:

I learned to NOT buy clothes online. The tee shirt that I ordered was made of cheap fabric and shrunk 2-3 sizes after 1st wash and tumble dry low. :mad:
Yeah but it might show off your muscles if you had any ;)

I remember when tee shirts use to be preshrink when you brought them you didn't have to worry about washing them in hot water then put in a hot dryer. Everything is junk today ! I just brought a new fingernail clipper used it 2 times and it broke ! Damn you can't buy anything decent today !

Back