What did you get on Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

Wow, your birthday is on Pearl Harbor Day, and one day before TCS's. :lol:

My brothers birthday is Dec. 7th also. We have lot's of December and January birthdays. Makes this time of year extra busy.

got a new hair straightener. some leggings. some tshirts (even got two comfy ones from the men's section). and some new earrings.

Not Black Friday or Cyber Monday but Black Friday weekend I got a new shotgun. (Some Black Friday sales ran the entire weekend)

I never knew such thing existed Black Friday and cyber Monday until last week. I saw it on news people queue for hours and the fighting. I thought it sad

I never knew such thing existed Black Friday and cyber Monday until last week. I saw it on news people queue for hours and the fighting. I thought it sad

It's fairly new there. Problem is, people do some seriously crazy stuff on that day. It's utter madness everywhere. Not for me whatsoever.

Still would have to pay for ingredients lol ;). Some day I'd like to do that or make desserts or something. Cookies- my mom's chocolate chip cookies reigns supreme for holidays and birthdays though she does do as much the older she gets (doesn't care for the mess of cooking lol).

My family is okay with me not being able to give gifts (been through this before too unfortunately). Maybe I'll come up with something.. not sure what though.

Most people have flour sugar, and some spices in their house so I was thinking bag of chocolate chips cost only $2.00 . I use to made chocolate chip cookies a lot for gifts too. My daughter said they would gone in a day when thy had company over.

A little early for birthday talk, hmm? Need to have solid plans for that to happen, which I don't have-- yet. Will know more in about 24 hours.

Not really , look people were talking about Christmas months ago , our birthdays are only few days away.

Not really , look people were talking about Christmas months ago , our birthdays are only few days away.

Yeah, I know. That is why today is such a big day-- what happens this afternoon will dictate what happens this weekend. Either I'm paying $490 for a security deposit, OR I'm paying $540 in rent. I'd rather pay the $490 in security deposit, as that would allow me to better manage my remaining money. Paying $540 in rent doesn't have a very promising outlook. That's a $50 difference, and the reason why I'm hoping that today will be a very good day today. I'm :fingersx: that I get lucky and get outta that dump.

Yeah, I know. That is why today is such a big day-- what happens this afternoon will dictate what happens this weekend. Either I'm paying $490 for a security deposit, OR I'm paying $540 in rent. I'd rather pay the $490 in security deposit, as that would allow me to better manage my remaining money. Paying $540 in rent doesn't have a very promising outlook. That's a $50 difference, and the reason why I'm hoping that today will be a very good day today. I'm :fingersx: that I get lucky and get outta that dump.

:fingersx: from me too that you can get out of the dump you are in now.

:fingersx: from me too that you can get out of the dump you are in now.

No joy. I did some checking, and turns out the rent is NOT what it was advertised to be-- it is much higher than that-- $750+. There goes my weekend. :|

No. Security deposit is the same as rent-- $750, at the very least. No way I could afford that.

No where I lived, if you damages the apartment the landlord uses the money to fix it up. If you don't cause any damages you get it back. I had to take a landlord Small Claims court in California b/c he refuses to give back my security deposit . I won the case and the landlord was mad HELL that he lost to a woman. Some landlords want a security deposit and first and last month rent. B/c some people move out and skip paying their last month rent.

http://www.mass.gov/courts/case-leg...about/securitydeposits.html#MassachusettsLaws

No where I lived, if you damages the apartment the landlord uses the money to fix it up. If you don't cause any damages you get it back. I had to take a landlord Small Claims court in California b/c he refuses to give back my security deposit . I won the case and the landlord was mad HELL that he lost to a woman. Some landlords want a security deposit and first and last month rent. B/c some people move out and skip paying their last month rent.

http://www.mass.gov/courts/case-leg...about/securitydeposits.html#MassachusettsLaws

Doesn't work that way here. Living near Lake Michigan isn't cheap, you know. That's one reason why rent is so high near water. Apartment rents near water is much higher than it is inland. For example, living in the suburbs costs far less than it does here. Only problem is, I'm not made for suburban life.

yes-- always good to check it out in person or call them- I've found sometimes that the rent amount listed on websites (either theirs or ones like apartmentsforrent or similar are out of date and not always updated regularly.

Depends on where you live I guess- I think one of the apartments I lived in in CO I had to pay security deposit AND first & last month rent. Most others I only had to do the security deposit and first month before moving in (pro-rated if you move in the middle of the month or not on the 1st- that happened to me with my last apartment- I moved in on something like the 28th and only paid for those two days lol.

yes-- always good to check it out in person or call them- I've found sometimes that the rent amount listed on websites (either theirs or ones like apartmentsforrent or similar are out of date and not always updated regularly.

Depends on where you live I guess- I think one of the apartments I lived in in CO I had to pay security deposit AND first & last month rent. Most others I only had to do the security deposit and first month before moving in (pro-rated if you move in the middle of the month or not on the 1st- that happened to me with my last apartment- I moved in on something like the 28th and only paid for those two days lol.

I did check it out last week, and all looked good then. Until today, when I checked the website that's run by the management company that owns they building, and found the nasty surprise. My rent here is $540-- that place is nearly double, because they also have rent over $900 there.

Doesn't work that way here. Living near Lake Michigan isn't cheap, you know. That's one reason why rent is so high near water. Apartment rents near water is much higher than it is inland. For example, living in the suburbs costs far less than it does here. Only problem is, I'm not made for suburban life.

I live a coastal city , I know it cost a lot to live near the water , the houses go for a millions dollar that are on the beach . Some landlords like to ask for security deposit ,first and last months to weed out people that will be late on their rent . If the person can pay $2,000 plus to move in the landlord feel they'll not be making excuses about not having enough money to pay rent .

I live a coastal city , I know it cost a lot to live near the water , the houses go for a millions dollar that are on the beach . Some landlords like to ask for security deposit ,first and last months to weed out people that will be late on their rent . If the person can pay $2,000 plus to move in the landlord feel they'll not be making excuses about not having enough money to pay rent .

I know. Each city does it differently. Some use security deposits as rent, and recently I was told that some will waive the security deposit if it's callled for. Lets see what happens. I'm not gonna give up. I WILL get out of here, and I WILL find a way. Just need to stay positive, and keep trying. That's all I can do, really.

My in-laws had Thanksgiving that day because a couple family members are in the medical profession and had to work on Thanksgiving.
I want NOTHING to do with Black Friday, the county fair, or any other thing with large crowds of people pushing and shoving each other. I had more than enough of those events when I was with the local news crew! Those crowds are bad enough just walking through, imagine carrying camera gear to!

Back