What did you do today? Part II

Went down to the river front for a walk. Only walked about a mile then sat on a bench facing the river near a restaurant that had live music outdoors. The we're playing music from ?? the 80's ??
The weather was perfect.

Bought a rose tree at 50% off. It's been 113 heat index here today. I hope the tree survives.

Had a nice final class in ASL last night. We had potluck and still had a lesson, too. :P All of us, HOH or Late Deafened, have become connected in our 6 weeks, 2 nights/week, classes. And some knew each other from the series of classes last fall. We all "get it" how losing hearing later in life impacts our not fitting in anywhere any more. And we encourage each other. So, while we have learned a lot in the past 6 weeks, we have also been a support system to each other. We are going to all miss each other and being together...lots of hugs and hand shaking, and "what are we going to do now?", going on before everyone left. :cry: The Deaf Advocacy is trying to get some social group events set up for the HOH and Late Deafened, as we are all beginners for the most part, in ASL, so find it really difficult to go to events where everyone seems to be signing fluently. Also got listings for Deaf events coming up over the summer. My husband & I will try to go to a few, and practice our signing while we talk to each other so we don't lose/forget what we've learned. Onward! And hopeful for our teacher's return with a new series of classes in the fall! ;)

I have issues on my experienc eon problem I will replace on my new on cellphone Iwon't new laptop, guy shames is idiot no reason no professional tech waste no clue,odd slow computer new real perfect fine strange I see it I am lots of on tried suck!

Stayed in to read. Took MIL to the hairdresser, then family went out to eat. Will be reading again soon.

Rode the DE Doublecross. Supposed to ride 62 miles, but we lost our sanity at mile 42 due to the brutal heat. About 300 people participated, and about 2/3 gave up after 30 miles.

I am bit better resolve migrane terrible I am black out yesterday whoa!

Rode the DE Doublecross. Supposed to ride 62 miles, but we lost our sanity at mile 42 due to the brutal heat. About 300 people participated, and about 2/3 gave up after 30 miles.

I would say you found your sanity at mile 42, not lost it.

I had a relaxing day today eating quiznos, which I love watched the cartoon Avatar and took my son and puppy to the park once the crazy heat went down to a respectible temp. Missouri has been in the high 90s to 100s the past week. But then my day went down with one phone call. A good friend of mine had to put her 10 y.o. cat to sleep then 2 hours later got the phone call her little brother passed away today. He was 30 and had brain cancer since age 17. Eddie was a wonderful loving man with the biggest heart ever. We will miss you Eddie may you enjoy your time with God in heaven. We will all see you again

Watered plants outside. Spoke with a neighbor. Spoke with contractor and did a walk-thru of upcoming plans on house with the holiday this week. Gave the cat a bath. (not fun, but he does like the water).

Well, I went to the audi, now I'm eating lunch, and then I'm going to the beach with my kids and my sister. This actually might be torture, because of the tattoo I got one week ago. It's not healed yet, so I can't expose it to the sun, so I've got to wear a shirt. I also can't submerge it yet so I can only go in the water up to thighs. So it's going to be HOT, hope there will be a nice breeze even it will make my HA go WHOOOOOSH the whole time :D

It's just past 11 am here, so my day is starting slowwww... :D Had a great day yesterday with a family dinner at Black Angus (great coupons!) and then chocolate BD cake at home for DH (husband). Spent the morning getting the house together for people to come over after dinner. Black Angus did an awesome job filling my reservation request for seating away from speakers, noisy bar area or noisy kitchen areas, etc. I sat in the middle of the longer table, and could follow pretty well, and participate in the conversation. Mostly restaurants are total nightmares, so this was really special! After everyone left DH & I watched a silly comedy before going to bed. Lovely day! :mrgreen: Today's plans are going slow and recuperating (house prep really aggravated my arthritis), a short trip to the grocery store, DD (daughter) coming over to trim our hair, and hopefully study a little ASL, too. :P

Just got home from 2 grocery stores and I am recovering in front of the fan.

worked... got annoyed cause my MusicLink telecoil earhook is busted.... sent email to TecEar.com's customer service to see if I can have it exchanged as I bought it Oct. 28 2011 and it has a 1 year warranty. It was working yesterday, so don't know why it's not working today. Weird.

Had a late start this morning. After lunch and getting hubby off to work, we went to 2 libraries (city & county), 2 grocery stores and a drug store and then to get gas, then home. After dinner, had to go back to a grocery store, but I am done now.

Had an interesting day. I went with BF to Southeastern Guide Dogs at Palmetto FL to replace his dog's harness and while there I was introduced to a litter full of the cutest labrador pups you can imagine. They stole my heart, I HAD to hug them all! It's amazing to learn about the training process from pup to adult guide in less than a year. It really does make you appreciate how animals can assist disabled people aside from electrical equipment.

Had an interesting day. I went with BF to Southeastern Guide Dogs at Palmetto FL to replace his dog's harness and while there I was introduced to a litter full of the cutest labrador pups you can imagine. They stole my heart, I HAD to hug them all! It's amazing to learn about the training process from pup to adult guide in less than a year. It really does make you appreciate how animals can assist disabled people aside from electrical equipment.

yea my college has a training program for guide dogs - from birth to readying age. wished I knew about it early on while I was a student. would love to participate in it and gain some experience.

Have slow cooked the meat for "pulled pork" sandwiches. Made the vegan mac & "cheese", got the ribs ready for the oven (too hot to grill), cole slaw in fridge, baked beans ready for oven, and jello chilled and ready.

Went to see the new Spiderman movie. It was packed!

Then to Burger King to eat a chicken sandwich on sale for $1.04 for the 4th of July.

Later we are going to make spaghetti.

It's been a nice holiday.

Back