What did you do today? Part II

Brooklyn Meet 6th Avenue StarBucks in Bay Ridge Brooklyn at 6:30.

ah. never been there. it's possibly a mix of students, people like you, terps in training, local deafies, and old farts :)

We're going to do a little homeschool work (such a mean mom, I don't give the kids the summer off) and go to the store. And the dishes are calling me. Oh, and so is my GRUMPY GRUMPY GRUMPY one year old. She's teething, and she's about as miserable a teether as her 5yo sister was.

Went to audiologist for hearing test as my left ear or HA seems to be having a problem. Found out I have wax in the left ear, so we postponed the hearing test and I will be going to my ENT next week to get the wax flushed out. I will then either have a hearing test done at the ENT or go back to my ENT.

While going to work after setting up the appt at the ENT office, which happens to be down the street from my audie, I noticed some possible police activity in a park nearby. Turns out they were looking for someone who was planning to harm himself. My daughter's high school called (even though she's out of school now) to inform parents that the school was in a temporary lockdown. Her HS is across the street from my ENT.

Glad I did get stuck in the area (and have to use more of my paid time off).
:hmm: Wonder if the boss would have given me excused time off if I had gotten "trapped" by the police activity.

Oh, the online paper says they did find the guy and have sent him for evaluation. He did have a knife on his person.

Wirelessly posted

Completed all my online new hire courses and turned in the sheet today. Boss told me I am the only one that had everything completed in the time frame she asked to have done. Woot!

Bought a new cellphone. Nearly an impulse buy as I did very little research before going to the store to look at them. Usually I do a ton of research before buying a phone. I'm sticking with a basic phone for the next 2 years. Can't justify increasing my monthly fees right now for a smartphone.

Wonder how long it will take me to remember which way it slides open. :lol:

We're going to do a little homeschool work (such a mean mom, I don't give the kids the summer off) and go to the store. And the dishes are calling me. Oh, and so is my GRUMPY GRUMPY GRUMPY one year old. She's teething, and she's about as miserable a teether as her 5yo sister was.

Aw sorry for her teething pain. The poor little thing. Hugs to her, and to you for having to go through it with her.

That's a good thing!

I wonder how it's like if someone had a dream they never wake up from.

Dream you have money, go anywhere and do anything and no need for a job, anything you wanted forever. It sounds a lot better than real life. :hmm:

My long-time friend came over early...later we cooked boiled shrimp, flounder filets, corn on the cob and salad...was a feast...

I wonder how it's like if someone had a dream they never wake up from.

Dream you have money, go anywhere and do anything and no need for a job, anything you wanted forever. It sounds a lot better than real life. :hmm:

Nah real life is better. You need the downs to help you enjoy the ups. You need projects to keep your brain active and give life meaning. I think that is why so many retired people die quickly.

Back