What cartoon charers that you like or hate?

I prefer Scooby Doo!!!!!

Hey there, I prefer Scooby Doo! It always crack me up all the time but I do like the tunes *music* though :lol: But I know that my hubby and my son would agree with me though and we also love Tom and Jerry and we never outgrew any cartoons that we love so much since we were kids and growing older heh :smile:

illustrator said:
Power Rangers isn't the cartoon!!!! :P
Um... you're half right and half wrong. The current Power Rangers are not cartoons. However, the old Power Rangers were cartoons years ago. If you're wondering what I'm talking about, I'm referring to Voltron. Yes, Voltron was a anime-like cartoon that was on television years ago. It is actually a Power Rangers show, but was named Voltron for some reason since it was many years ago.

VamPyroX said:
Um... you're half right and half wrong. The current Power Rangers are not cartoons. However, the old Power Rangers were cartoons years ago. If you're wondering what I'm talking about, I'm referring to Voltron. Yes, Voltron was a anime-like cartoon that was on television years ago. It is actually a Power Rangers show, but was named Voltron for some reason since it was many years ago.

Nah, let's sticky with original Power Ranger. Like the original Transformer. :P

Voltron is better than Power Ranger. Oh yeah, baby! Yeah!

Tintin and Milou!!! From "The Adventures of Tintin"

tintin.gif

www.tintin.com

This is where my nickname came from, Kuifje is Dutch for Tintin.

VamPyroX said:
Obviously, you haven't seen the japanese version of the Power Rangers. They are more adult-themed. They swear, have a better story line, and actually make more sense. Of course, the action and costumes are a bit corny... but the story is a lot better than the American version. How do I know? I saw a couple episodes... boy, I was shocked to see them swearing.

That is SO true! Anything Japanese you see on American TV is badly edited and hacked up beyond recognition and milled out with bad cheddar cheese. Look at Robotech!!! I was so happy when I found out AnimEigo was restoring Robotech to the original uncut content, remastered the colors and sounds, and renaming it to "Macross". It is only on DVD.

Yeah, Macross is my favorite classic Anime!

illustrator said:

Ahhh!! Voltron!! That's another great classic, too! I wonder when they will revive Voltron?

i like Sponge Bob Squarepants!! and looney tunes! :D

classic cartoon i like

Tom & Jerry, Roadrunner (beep beep)*if right name :-/*, hairy the red woodpecker

illustrator said:

I agree with you. Nothing beats anime. If they continued with the current Power Rangers shows in anime style with real fighting instead of dorky outfits, I'd watch them as well. It's nice to see the gals wearing tight sexy outfits and having a serious converstation instead of the current shows where they just stand around saying, "*gasps* Oh, no!" :crazy:

Deaf258 said:
Ahhh!! Voltron!! That's another great classic, too! I wonder when they will revive Voltron?
Good question! I'm sure if they were to revive it with its original storyline, it would surely look great with the graphics and everything. Even some cussing would spice it up for pleasure! :thumb:

illustrator said:
Power Rangers isn't the cartoon!!!! :P

Power Ranger are on Cartoon Channels just like every other Cartoons.

Deaf258 said:
Would it be nice if they redid Voltron like they redid Appleseed?
Whoa... *shivering* Now I'm having an excitement attack! Wooo!

That would be awesome! Heh!

anyone ever heard of "darkwing duck" or "ducktales"?

I used to watch them so many times when I was very young lol

They did redo Voltron... it was terrible, it was all computer graphics.
I used to watch He Man, Astro Boy, THUNDERCATS!!!!, Pirates of Darkwater, SNOOPY!.
Favorite cartoon Show?: Thundercats
cartoon Show I dislike?: most Disney and looney toons (except animaniacs)
Favorite Cartoon Movie?: Secret of Nymh (spelling?)
Favorite Japanimation Movie?: Akira, The Last Vampire
Favorite Cartoon for adults?: Undergrads, Clone High, and AEON FLUX!!!! She's awesome. Peter Chung is amazing.

I absolutely LOVE ' Tom and Jerry ' .....

And...

I don't remerber what cartoons I dislike....been ages ago...

Cheri said:
Power Ranger are on Cartoon Channels just like every other Cartoons.

Look at the dictionary book...

Main Entry: car·toon
Pronunciation: kär-'tün
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
1 : a preparatory design, drawing, or painting (as for a fresco)
2 a : a drawing intended as satire, caricature, or humor <a political cartoon> b : COMIC STRIP
3 : ANIMATED CARTOON
4 : a ludicrously simplistic, unrealistic, or one-dimensional portrayal or version <the film's villain is an entertaining cartoon>

I just like Japanese animation better than american animation...I dunno I guess it's because they aren't always the same, like american cartoons you know, the story in Japanese animation always change, gives out supsense, thrills, and full of actions and adventures, just sort of like in live action movies, which are into animation, that kind of thing.

I've always loved anime ever since "Poke'mon" came out but now I like other animes better than "Poke'mon"

of course, usually mature-rated animes (doesn't have to include sex or nudity, that is :roll: )

I love Dragonball Z, Tenchi Muyo, Outlaw Star, and Dirty Pair Flash, etc

Tenchi Muyo was proably one of the funniest and wildest animes I've ever seen in my life time. it was so hiralous and great and cool.

www.animenation.com I go there alot, just in case you didnt know

Steel said:
anyone ever heard of "darkwing duck" or "ducktales"?

I used to watch them so many times when I was very young lol
Yeah, I used to always watch those shows. There was one when Darkwing Duck was accidentally shot with a laser that forces him to run super fast. However, it had one downside. The more he used his high speed abilities, the faster he aged. The enemy caught him and forced him to run in a high-speed spinwheel making him age out of existence. When the wheel stopped, he was left in powder. Little did they know, Darkwing Duck managed to run out at high speed going to college to earn a degree in physics and chemistry, created an antidote for his problem, then brought a bunch of ashes, then ran back to the spinwheel, then dumped it in the spinwheel as they stopped it. Hehehe!

Back