What are your ST PATRICK'S day traditions?

C.C.Sinned

Reaction score
Do You have special St. Patrick's Day traditions? How do you and/or family spend St. Patricks Day?

I am a Irishman. My family and I have a quite St Patricks day.
We have a dinner of -
corned beef & cabbage
Mashed potatoes (died green)
Mulligan's stew
soda bread

After dinner we watch Darby O'Gill And The Little people with our Son.
Then John Wayne in the Quite Man.

It is a very relaxing night.
Coming from a hell raising Irish family. I got tired of the drunken bar room brawls. Carring family members home from bars. All that got real old by the time I was 12... Therefore I like it quite on St. Patrick's Day... :cool:

The only thing I have ever done is wear green so my classmates wouldn't pinch me. Now I still have to wear green so my students wont pinch me. I hope I don't forget tmw. Maybe I should make a msg on my blackberry calender to remind me.

no irish traditions sadly -- no irish blood in me :(

BUT yes i do put on some green -- hell mebbe ill morph into a FROG for the day! theyre naturally green! :rofl:

Im part of irish...Kiss me!!!! ohh wait im not speaking of you guys.. im speaking of my sweetie!!!!

Hey Sweetie...

Did u know that once u kissed me and u are the tiny irish from me.. :lol:

CoolieFroggie said:
Im part of irish...Kiss me!!!! ohh wait im not speaking of you guys.. im speaking of my sweetie!!!!

Hey Sweetie...

Did u know that once u kissed me and u are the tiny irish from me.. :lol:

:lol: *perks up*

Froggieboi :kiss: Fly Free!!!! ;)

I have a 9 year old brother, so our tradition is to make crafts and have fun. I wear a lot of green because I have 3 naughty little brothers who like to pinch people. I must remember to wear green tomorrow because I know several guys at school are planning to prey upon the poor innocents who have forgotten their green.

I'm Irish. Family came from Kerry, Ireland...

we don't celebrate St. Patricks too much because relatives are all over states, no gatherings...just wear green. :whistle:

C.C.Sinned said:
Do You have special St. Patrick's Day traditions? How do you and/or family spend St. Patricks Day?

I am a Irishman. My family and I have a quite St Patricks day.
We have a dinner of -
corned beef & cabbage
Mashed potatoes (died green)
Mulligan's stew
soda bread

After dinner we watch Darby O'Gill And The Little people with our Son.
Then John Wayne in the Quite Man.

It is a very relaxing night.
Coming from a hell raising Irish family. I got tired of the drunken bar room brawls. Carring family members home from bars. All that got real old by the time I was 12... Therefore I like it quite on St. Patrick's Day... :cool:

I have little bit of irish in my blood. Almost every year, my mom made corned beef, cabbage and potatoes (not mashed). My great great grandmother's last name was Green. :lol:

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Nearly, I am not Irish and IRISH is my heart. I did not have any of tradition with families. I just wear GREEN shirt or just my spinkle green eyes on St. Patrick's Day!

I do not have any special celebration today. I am working 16 hours today. :cry: I will have a corned beef for a lunch. Yummy ! :D

Forget to added to my post..... When I was kid -- I have tradition with my mom's side but now I am into unless soon to be.

MY MOM IS FULL IRISH OFC ALWAYS COOKIN CORN BEEF N CABBAGE YUMMIEZ AND I M IRISH TOO WELL I M OFF WORK TODAY WOOHOO I M FREE RELAX DAY SLEEPIN ON LUCKY CHARM (PILLOW) ZzZzZzZzZzZzZ :lol:

I don't think I have any. My dad's half Irish, but we don't really celebrate it.

I'm not irish and no celebrations here either.... sucks to be me?? ehhhh :-P

Did any of you know St Patrick is not Irish man?

He was born in Wales, Great Britain, my cousin is living in the same land where he was born! (House renovated of course!!)

I do genealogy so I know that I'm 12.5% Irish! No big traditions though other than making sure to wear green. My son got green bands for his braces this month, so he's already covered! My mom sends me a birthday/St. Patrick's Day card every year since my half birthday is on St. Patrick's Day!

St. Patrick's day is not known in Germany.

I know what it alike when I was raised in England. My father is Irish. I remember that party.

Back