What are you thinking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. How about CoHo?

Coho is good.

The best is the one in Laska from Rocky river ( I think). Anyway the salmon from this particular river in Alaska goes for $$$$$$$$ and it's delicious!

Coho is good.

The best is the one in Laska from Rocky river ( I think). Anyway the salmon from this particular river in Alaska goes for $$$$$$$$ and it's delicious!

Ummmm. Just Alaskan Pink Salmon from the fish market. Did not know they had different kinds!! :Oops:

Salmon is gross!!

The Five Main Pacific Salmon
Article Tools
sponsored by:
Click here to find out more!
email E-mail Article
print Printer Format

Salmon is valued by its fat content, which always corresponds with richness in the mouth (though not invariably with best flavor). Here are the five major Pacific salmon varieties, listed in order of richness:

King (chinook). The lushest fresh salmon, king is the highest in fat and usually the most expensive, prized for its silken, melting texture, which is almost like smoked salmon.

Sockeye (red). With a deep, natural color, sockeye is lower in fat but still high overall, allowing the flavor to better come through. Many salmon lovers, including me, consider this the best salmon-eating experience.

Coho (silver). A comer, according to Bill Webber and Thea Thomas, independent Cordovan fishermen. It’s already prized by sport fishermen for its fight, and soon, the Cordovans hope, by diners for its mild but distinctive flavor. The most widely available autumn fresh salmon.

Pink (humpback). So delicate and pale that Thomas compares it to sole—which she does not mean as a compliment. She recalls a tasting for food writers at which many rated pink the highest. “How could they?” she asks. The likely answer: “A lot of these people had never had salmon in their life.”

Chum (dog). Like pink, chum is fished in high numbers and is lower in fat than other varieties; when it spawns in intertidal waters, it doesn’t need to build up energy to swim upstream. Its roe, however, is the most valued of the five varieties, because of its size and flavor. After being strained and separated, the eggs make particularly good ikura— the fat, bright-orange pearls familiar in sushi rolls.

The Five Main Pacific Salmon - The Atlantic (October 2006)

Oh yeah.

North Atlantic, Pacific, Coho, Chinook, etc, etc.....

I can name the fishes, in our region! :lol:

Anyways just thinking... We will be getting the rain that Botts and Jillio got today. 50% Chance.

Just got done watching the weather.

We desperately need the rain!!

We are going to be in the mid-70's for the next couple of days!

We desperately need that! :lol:

Seattle will be in the 60's. It'll be interesting to see how I can take 70+ degree weather as I haven't experienced it in a long time! :giggle:

I'm thinking what an incredible headache I'm having right now as it feels like that I got hit by a bus.

I know the feeling..had one for 3 days in a row until it finally went away last night.

<--- Happy that I actually was on my hands and knees to dig out the weeds from my little front yard and put in a new flower bed for the front as well as re-seeded the grass. Apparently the people that lived here before us didn't do squat.

Now I am drinking beer and took some "medication" :lol:

I ordered a book about gardening..cant wait to get started! What kind of flower?

Seattle will be in the 60's. It'll be interesting to see how I can take 70+ degree weather as I haven't experienced it in a long time! :giggle:

Tmw is supposed to be 55 degrees and rainy..:( I wish it will be 70+ all week!

I had my Wii party last night. Three new deaf friends and eight hearing friends came. Very interesting to see the interactions between the two cultures. Especially when I hung out the deaf friends the night before without any hearing people. Makes me ponder a few things.

I hope everyone had fun though..... All of them (except for 2 hearing friends) did stay from 4pm till 11pm... Not too shabby!

We played Rayman Raving Rabbits 2. It's hilarious! Also played Mario Party 8, but not as good. Most people ended up sitting on the floor. Good thing I have carpet! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back