What are you thinking about? Part VIII

Thinking and thinking....got the best news today!...my 2nd Great Grandchild is a Girl!!...Just what we hoped for. It's due at Christmas....best gift I could ever receive. and looking so forward to spoiling the baby, buying her pretty, frilly dresses, taking her shopping...LOL....Life is Good.
Congratulations!

I was thinking about this today , I will stop to let someone made a turn but I am not able to do this as much b/c the speed limit when from 30 to 35 and people are tailgating people more than ever now . I rather stop and let a person made a turn than having them trying to cut someone off b/c they're getting pissed off at waiting so long to made a turn. A random act of kindness on the road could keep an accident from happen.

I was thinking about this today , I will stop to let someone made a turn but I am not able to do this as much b/c the speed limit when from 30 to 35 and people are tailgating people more than ever now . I rather stop and let a person made a turn than having them trying to cut someone off b/c they're getting pissed off at waiting so long to made a turn. A random act of kindness on the road could keep an accident from happen.

I don't like tailgaters , I want to bring back that license plate frame from the 70's that said, get any closer introduce yourself :lol:

I don't like tailgaters , I want to bring back that license plate frame from the 70's that said, get any closer introduce yourself :lol:
People are real bad about tailgating in my city . I saw some jerk cut off a driver and it was really close , I guess the guy got fed up with always having to wait so long to made a turn he just cut people off instead ! I once stopped for a guy and he couldn't believe it and he threw me a kiss! LOL !

There are jerks every day on the roads everywhere. I see lots of them on the two major highways I travel to get to where I volunteer. People speed down to the end where the ramp turns off like a Y and expect to get into the line (when the more sane approach is to zipper in back about 100-200 feet...that I don't mind). I see people zooming across 3 lanes of traffic (sometimes more)and cutting it close in who they get in front of or behind. Oh yes the occasional motorcyclist who thinks it's okay to weave in and out and coming up along side you in the SAME lane. Thankfully I don't see many of these anymore.

So the South checking in with crazy drivers!

I also think a lot of people don't stop anymore because they're afraid of any kind of road rage... or if there's an irate driver behind the wheel for other reasons even if you're being nice.

How sad that there was a fire down town early in the morning, a very popular bagel shop that been open for over 20 years was burnt down. No was hurt but a lot of
students worked there during their summer vacation. They made Jewish bagels fresh everyday. :(

DD, I agree. Some days it seems like a bunch of nice drivers, other days it seems like everyone wants to be an a$$. I never know what I'm going to get. I drive 30 miles each way to work so I encounter a lot of drivers along the way.

In California, it's legal for motorcyclists to lane split in traffic so everyone has to look twice and make sure no motorcyclist near you. There is road rage everywhere and there has been reports of highway shootings lately. If someone is being a jerk, all I can do is let them go... not worth the risk to get shot or have them follow you home.

Yeah but there are times when you have no idea someone is going cut you off in traffic. You need to be a mind reader to know a driver that waiting at an intersection
is going to cut you off at the last moment. I saw this happen to person this week a car cut them off and I thought there was going to be an accident so I slowed down . The roads in my city are don't have 3 or 4 lanes, they have 2 lanes or are one way . We have a lot of one way streets and with cars parked on the side there is no way to move over . Tailgating is big problem in my city b/c there are no passing lanes .

They are adding lanes to I85 North of Charlotte. At quitting time, the dump trucks and other heavy equipment move faster through the dirt than the cars.

They are adding lanes to I85 North of Charlotte. At quitting time, the dump trucks and other heavy equipment move faster through the dirt than the cars.
My city would have to take a lot houses by Eminent domain to made our streets wider. There was talk of doing this at my condo when someone wanted to build a dated community behind my condo . Our highways are being made wider here too keep up the demand of traffic.

In California, it's legal for motorcyclists to lane split in traffic so everyone has to look twice and make sure no motorcyclist near you. There is road rage everywhere and there has been reports of highway shootings lately. If someone is being a jerk, all I can do is let them go... not worth the risk to get shot or have them follow you home.
Wow. I have no idea if that's legal here in mn. But as a bike rider that would rather freak me out to squeeze between two cars like that.

You need to be a mind reader to know a driver that waiting at an intersection
is going to cut you off at the last moment.

Not really. All you need is defensive driving skills. Watch everything around out. Plan ahead and prepare for any situation. Sometimes there are 'tells' that someone may be moving out before you get there. It's happened to me (and I've probably done it unknowingly).

soulchill said:

Egads. I think I've seen that. I don't use 85 as much- tend to use 77 and 485 more. 77 is horrible as I think they're doing work going north past Statesville.

I can use a little YL lavender oil in the diffuser tonight after a long hour work day:gorgeous2:

Wow. I have no idea if that's legal here in mn. But as a bike rider that would rather freak me out to squeeze between two cars like that.

California is the only U.S. state where zipping between lanes of cars on a motorcycle is legal. But now other states are pushing to legalize it too. WSJ rides along with California motorcycle commuters to get an up-close look at lane splitting.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/motorcycle-lane-splitting-could-move-beyond-california-1425678764

Thinking and thinking....got the best news today!...my 2nd Great Grandchild is a Girl!!...Just what we hoped for. It's due at Christmas....best gift I could ever receive. and looking so forward to spoiling the baby, buying her pretty, frilly dresses, taking her shopping...LOL....Life is Good.

Congrats!

California is the only U.S. state where zipping between lanes of cars on a motorcycle is legal. But now other states are pushing to legalize it too. WSJ rides along with California motorcycle commuters to get an up-close look at lane splitting.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/motorcycle-lane-splitting-could-move-beyond-california-1425678764

Interesting. I have enough trouble riding on a bike on the highway without thinking about zipping between lanes. We go on country roads where it's more scenic. But I have to drink first to ease my nerves lol

Back