What are you thinking about? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted

Thinking, I need a drink. I let my 15 year old with a learners permit drive from St Augustine to home. Which is about an hour and 1/2 drive. We made it home. She honestly did not do too bad. Just that coaching her through it has my nerves all rattled.

:giggle:....been there too...oh my...the joys of parenthood...or teenage hood...

Wirelessly posted

Thinking, I need a drink. I let my 15 year old with a learners permit drive from St Augustine to home. Which is about an hour and 1/2 drive. We made it home. She honestly did not do too bad. Just that coaching her through it has my nerves all rattled.

Maybe this comparison with what my dad did will help you calm down. He sold cars and back in those days teaching a family member of someone he wanted to sell a car to was a normal part of the job. So . . . he was used to doing it and had me steering on country roads before I was big enough to reach the pedals by sitting on his lap.

Wirelessly posted

My Ex husband has a car lot. So my daughter has been driving and moving cars on the lot for a while and driving on rural roads, dirt roads etc. For her to be driving in actual traffic in city limits is a whole different ball game

I'm thinking things may be changing in my household, but I will have to see. Seems like every weekend this one issue keeps popping up and I have to find some answer. Will be talking to 2 people soon.

Wirelessly posted

I needed a drink when my dad gave me a driving lesson! My dad uses to drive a bus and had to use both foot and he drove his the car the same way! right foot on the gas left foot on the brake! Dad got in the passager side and told we to put my right foot on the gas and left foot on the brake, I told him in driving school we told NOT to do this! Dad said "Shutup and do it!" So I did and when we got to the end of the driveway and I wanted to stop I got confused and stepped on the gas and we when flying into the bushes . That was the only less I got from dad! And I was glad!

brrrrrrrrr...remembering when I lived in Newport News, VA. ....snow was 1-2 feet deep...walked down the steps with boots on......and the snow got inside my boots...My tootsies were frozen....

My poor doggie belly get wet walking in the deep snow , he stepped into a huge snow bank and his little legs where gone .Marty jumped right out of the snow. He finally has gotten used walking in real deep snow. I hate it when snow get in my boots!

Wirelessly posted

Oh my! Buses back them where standard. One foot on gas and one foot on clutch..perhaps?

My daughter knows to use right foot for gas and brakes. :)

Thinking....how do people eat Greek yogurt? I'm just trying it for the first time. I noticed that it has less calories, like half the carbs, loads more protein, 22 grams per serving is LOT, and no fat. But that no fat makes a HUGE difference, this is the grossest thing I've ever eaten. I'm going to try it in my protein shakes see if it's not so noticeable. blech!!!

I thinking to prepare tomorrow yay gym working :) exercrise will soon working process alots of working!

My poor doggie belly get wet walking in the deep snow , he stepped into a huge snow bank and his little legs where gone .Marty jumped right out of the snow. He finally has gotten used walking in real deep snow. I hate it when snow get in my boots!

Ha, how cute. At least your dog can walk in the snow. We don't get a lot of snow in Texas but when there is one, my dog won't step into it to go to the bathroom (there wasn't much of snow either). She'd look around for a clear spot but no such luck. I had to sweep off the snow for her. She's a spoiled brat!

Wirelessly posted

My tennis elbow is healing :)

Thinking....how do people eat Greek yogurt? I'm just trying it for the first time. I noticed that it has less calories, like half the carbs, loads more protein, 22 grams per serving is LOT, and no fat. But that no fat makes a HUGE difference, this is the grossest thing I've ever eaten. I'm going to try it in my protein shakes see if it's not so noticeable. blech!!!

Agree...it's horribly tasteless....I do like Yoplait tho'...

Agree...it's horribly tasteless....I do like Yoplait tho'...

It was vanilla Greek yogurt and it was bitter. I imagine that is what bird poop tastes like.

But NOW I'm thinking about the new employee starting on Friday, really he's not new he's just been gone for over a year. I've mentioned him before. He's deaf also, I went to school for Massage with him, and he has a cochlear implant. Actually with that he hears MUCH better than I do. But I won't be the only deafie round!!! He's really the only deaf person I personally know.....and maybe I'll start my ASL lessons and he'll let me practice with him a bit when we can.

I love Greek yogurt, so thick, rich and creamy. My favorite is Oikos. I like the plain on potatoes and in dips but to just eat yogurt on it's own I go for the ones with fruit.

I love Greek yogurt, so thick, rich and creamy. My favorite is Oikos. I like the plain on potatoes and in dips but to just eat yogurt on it's own I go for the ones with fruit.

I mixed some granola cereal in it and that made it at least edible. The texture is nice, it's the flavor, ewwwww it's like sour cream that went bad or something......or bird poop. I still think that's what bird poop would taste like. Later last night I remembered trying greek yogurt at Costco, a lady was giving out samples....I spit mine out in the trash and told the lady that they'd sell more if they didn't give out the samples hahaha.

I made a status about this on face book last night. My mom hates it my dad loves it, I think....it might just be one of those things people either love or hate. I'm just hoping it's okay in my protein shakes....it actually has enough protein to be THE source of protein a cup has 22 grams, that's A LOT, my protein shake mix has 27 grams.

Wirelessly posted

I am saving the best for last :)

Thinking about how Deacon will do this Saturday while I am at ASL class. He finally has his SDit vest.

Wirelessly posted

I am thinking, hurry spring break!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back