What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really all that crazy about it just roasted. But in the gumbo, it is killer. The trick to roasting a duck is to run it under the broiler for a few minutes to broil the top layer of fat down so that it isn't so greasy. But it is a strong flavored meat. When you combine it with the other gumbo ingredients, which are strong flavored, too, it tends to get lost in the other flavors some. But still retains some flavor. That's the reason I'm not crazy about using chicken in gumbo. It just gets lost because it is so mild.

I will have to keep that in mind.

I see... The duck wonton was too much for me.

Felt like it had too much Iron.

Yeah, I could see that. Nothing to cut that strong flavor. I like that description, though. It does have a kind of metallic taste like spinach or other strong greens.

Well folks, it's been real, but the old lady has to get some sleep. See you guys sometime tomorrow!:wave:

i LOVE snow. I can't tell you how much I love it. When snow comes, i'm always awake and full of energy shoveling. Its like a huge energy recharge for me.

Wish you here today!!! This one hand wonder shovel 60 minutes! So hard!!!

Wirelessly posted

Officially traumatized. Saw my first real dead body. Human.

I'm glad she's got family that is willing to take her in, but why now? How did they find out she existed if she was left at an orphanage as a child?

These are relatives that were not even aware she was ever born. The family was never close.

I was only 10 feet away from him...Bicyclist dies after hit by three vehicles

Saw his corpse laying there in middle of the road before the morgue car came... Right across from my work. Thank god I didn't see the incident though, only post incident...

:cold:

that's why I don't go to work during rush hour. also why I picked my work hour as 10am-6pm instead of 9-5.

1 hr can make a big difference.

I was only 10 feet away from him...Bicyclist dies after hit by three vehicles

Saw his corpse laying there in middle of the road before the morgue car came... Right across from my work. Thank god I didn't see the incident though, only post incident...

I remember my first DB in Washington DC. Car jumped the curb and killed a man waiting for a bus. It was surreal. Took me a while to process it too. I actually felt guilty for not feeling bad. (I didn't know the guy.)

:cold:

that's why I don't go to work during rush hour. also why I picked my work hour as 10am-6pm instead of 9-5.

1 hr can make a big difference.

We don't want to read about you anywhere but here Jiro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back