What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Dixie, my backup camera is Canon Digital Rebel XTi, is pretty good too! I shoot wedding once use it, turn out awesome! Is MUCH cheaper. Like under $1,000 now.

I have heard good things about the Canon Rebel series, a lot of people use them I have noticed.

I'm on a small budget, but I'm willing to do what it takes to get what I need for what I intend on doing.

I need a shoe for an external flash with a diffuser. As for lens, I can save up for a separate lens before March I believe.

My Sony is 9.8 MP and it's about 3-4 years old now. Thankfully, I looked to see what type of memory the camera uses, and both use SD cards which is to my advantage as I already have two SD cards.

$499!!!! Wow...get that!! Even though it has useless 18-55mm lens with it, this great deal! With Rebel line, recommend also get battery grip attach bottom.

I found this:
Canon DSLR Camera, EOS Rebel T3, 18-55mm Lens - Walmart.com

If I put it on layway, I can make small incremental payments to purchase it. HOWEVER; I would have to have it paid in for completely by December 16 or it will go back on the shelf.

It's about three years newer than what I currently have, has a higher resolution, and is within my budget if I am able to save for it or make lay away payments (which usually comes with a service fee, but guarantees that I will have the product.

It's not the one I have actually selected, just doing my research and seeing others input on it. I am hoping to go to Walmart if they have a display model that I can play with to see if I like it. I don't like buying expensive things without playing with a display model first to get a feel for it.

I refuse shoot flash. The 50mm f/1.2 lens great low light.

It picks up without having a lot of noise to edit out in Photoshop?

I just want to get a camera to start playing with to practice with in various settings. I have noticed that sanctuaries have strange light patterns sometimes. Practice practice practice is all I can say.

$499!!!! Wow...get that!! Even though it has useless 18-55mm lens with it, this great deal! With Rebel line, recommend also get battery grip attach bottom.

I thought it was a good deal. I wish I had a Canon manufacturers coupon to slice off part of the price, but I doubt Canon does this, or it's probably already on sale by Walmart and therefore won't honor the coupon. :roll:

Now what are you referring to as a battery grip to attach to the bottom? Is it like an external power source?

I refuse shoot flash. The 50mm f/1.2 lens great low light.

I have that lens... It's fantastic! But, I find I don't like it for group shots. I have to step back too far and that's challenging sometimes. I think I would like it better if I had a full frame DSLR.

It picks up without having a lot of noise to edit out in Photoshop?.

Yes, although I tend shoot RAW so I end up lots Photoshopping anyway.

Now what are you referring to as a battery grip to attach to the bottom? Is it like an external power source?

Is like...additional shutter release for when shoot portrait not landscape, plus hold second battery. Screws on bottom camera. I like how it give better able hold camera.

I have that lens... It's fantastic! But, I find I don't like it for group shots. I have to step back too far and that's challenging sometimes. I think I would like it better if I had a full frame DSLR.

Not like for group shots either. But great for concerts etc.

Dixie, this battery grip:

canon-7d-battery-grip.jpg

Thinking how ready I am for bed now and it is only 6:30. Going to the gym at 5 AM really makes go to bed earlier than usual.

Dixie, this battery grip:

canon-7d-battery-grip.jpg

Ah, I will need to check if the camera from WM is compatible for that. With it being Canon, I assume so, but I want to be sure.

I hope it would improve battery life. When I use flash, it drains the battery on my Sony quick. I try to not use the flash at all if I can get away with it.

I am thinking that sometimes I wished I could have a girls night out. Not just the same ordinary go to my one and only friend's house to watch a boring movie, but to actually be able to go out and have fun with a group for once. But I can't post this on FB because if my friend found out she would be upset. I will say this because she is my only friend I can just hang with, she's not my best friend though. Actually, to be honest I've not had a best friend, not since grade 2 anyways. It was my undoing though. Besides she has a best friend and other friends she does stuff with. That's OK with me, doesn't bother me. But I guess I'm just ready for a bit more excitement on a positive note.

I just thought of that because I saw a FB status where a small group of women from church are watching Footloose tonight at the theatre. I can't even do this because I work late often. By the time I get home and get cleaned up and changed and get out it's pushing 7:00pm. Because I live out in the boonies - it would be near 8:00 before I could actually do anything.

Anyone else get what I am trying to say because I certainly can't say it.

yea, totally understand. I have girls' night quite often here. Last night I had one with 3 of my closest friends here in MD.

Used to have one with my girls in PA until the falling out.

Had a few with my brother's girlfriend and her friends.

I really enjoy them. Just nice to get away from reality sometimes.

Ah, I will need to check if the camera from WM is compatible for that. With it being Canon, I assume so, but I want to be sure.

I hope it would improve battery life. When I use flash, it drains the battery on my Sony quick. I try to not use the flash at all if I can get away with it.

Each camera has own battery grip.

Seeing some talk about Las Vegas 2012 here. I am seriously considering going back to playing on a deaf softball team in the Spring and go to Vegas for the NSAD tourney. I LOVE Vegas!!! I havent played softball since my son was 1 due to feet problems and issues with being out of shape. Now, I can run and no injuries. Why not?

Each camera has own battery grip.

I don't why I even mentioned the battery life. I just re-read what I had posted and it made no sense. Facepalm to self. :lol:

Shame.

I will look at other comparable cameras, but I am leaning towards this Canon already. (I think that could be my downfall)

I will see what I can come up with when I get off work tomorrow. I'm just super excited! Today has been FANTASTIC!!!

Seeing some talk about Las Vegas 2012 here. I am seriously considering going back to playing on a deaf softball team in the Spring and go to Vegas for the NSAD tourney. I LOVE Vegas!!! I havent played softball since my son was 1 due to feet problems and issues with being out of shape. Now, I can run and no injuries. Why not?

Very nice. We'll meet there then. It's 100% for sure I'll be in Vegas.

Very nice. We'll meet there then. It's 100% for sure I'll be in Vegas.

If everything works out with timing and money. My coworker is begging me to join the team...ok ok ok but she forgets that I have children to think about. I may bring my daughter to Vegas and then drive her back to AZ before she starts school there and fly back to MD from AZ. See See...

If everything works out with timing and money. My coworker is begging me to join the team...ok ok ok but she forgets that I have children to think about. I may bring my daughter to Vegas and then drive her back to AZ before she starts school there and fly back to MD from AZ. See See...

alright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back