What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I just thought about how I've never been to Vegas. My father has, my ex-bosses and co-workers, brother, and just about everyone I know has. It's one of those places I'd like to go, but don't seem to get the chance things.

Don't feel bad, neither have I. I have also never flown in either an airplane or a helicopter but I would love to someday.

My mom's chocolate cheesecake. :shock: I know I'm not supposed to have it due to my blood sugar so I usually have half a slice at a time, but man its soooo good!

the chili from the tailgating/chili party in the break room better fill me up so I'm not so hungry during my mom's wedding (no need for everyone to hear my stomach growing!).

Innis & Gunn 750 ml. It is a Scottish beer stored in whiskey barrels. I love it. I was just about floored after drinking it first time (by the flavor, not the volume).

It may not be defined as dessert, but according to my definition, it is, if drunk alone in moderation after dinner.

Chocolate mocha cheesecake, with an oreo cookie crust,

Gansito Chocolate cakes, with a layer of strawberry filling topped with creme filling.

I am thinking I need to get my camera out and get to snapping again. I walked into the photo studio today to talk with the photographer and walked out with TWO wedding photography jobs. One is in March, the other is in July. Plus I have decided to save up and purchase a newer camera than the Sony DSC-H7 that I have. I am considering a dSLR for this one. I plan to keep the Sony as a back-up. I'm so excited I can barely contain myself!

^^^Oh, Dixie... that is so incredibly exciting!!!

I am thinking I need to get my camera out and get to snapping again. I walked into the photo studio today to talk with the photographer and walked out with TWO wedding photography jobs. One is in March, the other is in July. Plus I have decided to save up and purchase a newer camera than the Sony DSC-H7 that I have. I am considering a dSLR for this one. I plan to keep the Sony as a back-up. I'm so excited I can barely contain myself!

May I recommend Canon EOS 1D Mark-IV? Beautiful camera. Love love love.

I have the sony dcr sx45 and I have no idea how to use it :-( Had it since March bought it the week before my last baby was born and we went in to labor the day after I got it in the mail. Got home from the hospital it stayed in the box lol. It takes beautiful video but the shots are terrible... but I am no photo genius at all.

^^^Oh, Dixie... that is so incredibly exciting!!!

One of these weddings is actually the photographers niece. I can't believe she has that much faith in me. She said she didn't want to do it because she wanted to be able to sit back and enjoy the wedding so she asked around and then she stumbled upon my photo albums in Facebook and liked what she saw.

She was very helpful today. She gave me a paper on how to do my pricing, as well as a contract to print out which is an agreement between me and the clients and just gave boocoos of very helpful pointers. She really knows her stuff and I feel humbled that she thinks I am good enough to do the photography at her niece's wedding.

Tonight my DD and I will probably go do some window shopping. She will tell me what she would like to have for Christmas and I'll look at cameras and such to see what's currently available that is within my budget and how much I will need to save up. My parents will ask me what I would like to have for Christmas and a camera might be at the top of the list! :P (Given it is within reason or if I agree to pay for half or whatever for it).

^^^Uh oh, pushing products Sunny? Spam border patrol on alert, LOL!

May I recommend Canon EOS 1D Mark-IV? Beautiful camera. Love love love.

Beautiful camera, yes, but that price is way beyond my current budget. :shock: I would love to have something like that in the future. Maybe I can use the money I make from this photography to eventually purchase something like that in a few years.

Either that, or I can purchase from eBay from reputable sellers.

Beautiful camera, yes, but that price is way beyond my current budget. :shock: I would love to have something like that in the future. Maybe I can use the money I make from this photography to eventually purchase something like that in a few years.

Either that, or I can purchase from eBay from reputable sellers.

eBay good! I buy my Mark-IV eBay. Also buy best lenses I use often from eBay: 85mm portrait lens, 50mm f/1.2 lens, 75-300mm IS f/4-5.6 zoom lens...these three I use most of all. I have about 11 total, but these my go-to lenses.

When you buy DSLR, save money and not buy kit lens. Is usually 18-55mm and not so useful. My kit lens brand new, never use even once. Recommend buy body only, get lenses separate.

Oh Dixie, my backup camera is Canon Digital Rebel XTi, is pretty good too! I shoot wedding once use it, turn out awesome! Is MUCH cheaper. Like under $1,000 now.

I found this:
Canon DSLR Camera, EOS Rebel T3, 18-55mm Lens - Walmart.com

If I put it on layway, I can make small incremental payments to purchase it. HOWEVER; I would have to have it paid in for completely by December 16 or it will go back on the shelf.

It's about three years newer than what I currently have, has a higher resolution, and is within my budget if I am able to save for it or make lay away payments (which usually comes with a service fee, but guarantees that I will have the product.

It's not the one I have actually selected, just doing my research and seeing others input on it. I am hoping to go to Walmart if they have a display model that I can play with to see if I like it. I don't like buying expensive things without playing with a display model first to get a feel for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back