What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute faith can blind you to the consequences of the actions you allow. It can tell you it's okay to drop bombs on another country, or that it's okay to hate a group of people such as homosexuals.
Andrew Denton

I am thinking I would like to totally deck this nosy-a$$ed neighbor. Son and I are cleaning up a lot of the branches that the city could not fit into truck. (We had enough to load his truck that normally does 4 neighborhoods) While we are out there, this neighbor (the one who has been fighting our construction with city council all along) comes along and starts in on me wanting to know when the water dept will be here to start, are we aware that a lot of times the inspectors will require you to have a new roof no matter how old or new your is, how much did you spend on windows and such and all these other questions that are no business of hers. then, she had the audacity to ask if I have gotten a speeding ticket yet on a specific road. They recently, within the last 2 years, lowered the speed limit from 35 MPH to 30 MPH. I replied that I have not gotten one and don't plan on it.

I am thinking I would like to totally deck this nosy-a$$ed neighbor. Son and I are cleaning up a lot of the branches that the city could not fit into truck. (We had enough to load his truck that normally does 4 neighborhoods) While we are out there, this neighbor (the one who has been fighting our construction with city council all along) comes along and starts in on me wanting to know when the water dept will be here to start, are we aware that a lot of times the inspectors will require you to have a new roof no matter how old or new your is, how much did you spend on windows and such and all these other questions that are no business of hers. then, she had the audacity to ask if I have gotten a speeding ticket yet on a specific road. They recently, within the last 2 years, lowered the speed limit from 35 MPH to 30 MPH. I replied that I have not gotten one and don't plan on it.

She's lonely. Send your MIL over to visit her...for an extended visit...like, maybe 6 months. :giggle:

Last edited:

I would have looked at her and said "I'm deaf, I can't hear you" and walk away. she has no business asking you these questions. Hope you didn't oblige her by answering.

Absolute faith can blind you to the consequences of the actions you allow. It can tell you it's okay to drop bombs on another country, or that it's okay to hate a group of people such as homosexuals.
Andrew Denton

You just reminded me of a video I posted on facebook:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J4ZuHEYXkk&feature=share]Nothing More To Talk About - YouTube[/ame]

She's lonely. Send your MIL over to visit her...for an extened visit...like, maybe 6 months. :giggle:

I would have looked at her and said "I'm deaf, I can't hear you" and walk away. she has no business asking you these questions. Hope you didn't oblige her by answering.

:lol: Perfect solution.

She and MIL are good friends and they have lived next door to each other for these last 50 years. But then again, even MIL says she is nosy.

I did not answer except to say that we are waiting for our builder's permit and that the cost of things is between us and the contractor. Also told her that our windows and doors will be hurricane impact resistant and the glass on both as also within the regulations for the airport. She was speechless. Other than that, son & I went about our work and then went into house. She called MIL complaining about my rudeness, and son explained what went on so MIL explained that I wasn't rude but that she herself (the neighbor) was. MIL also got a call from the Town Hall about this neighbor complaining that our tree limbs were not all picked up and it was making the road very messy. They told the neighbor to "Get a Life!".

I am thinking about getting some appetite suppressants, I find myself snacking or craving food at stupid times, and I'm supposed to be on a diet.

Suggestion: Unless you are on a strict medical diet ordered by your doctor, get off dieting altogether.

Eat anything you want but in very moderate porportions. Gauge: the size of the inside of your palm (ie: if you want to eat potato chips/crisps - only what fits inside the palm of your hand. This goes also for meat and any other foodstuffs) Vegetables and water are unlimited. Kills the cravings to eat more than you should of any particular food. The brain switches off the 'starvation warning' button.

Suggestion: Unless you are on a strict medical diet ordered by your doctor, get off dieting altogether.

Eat anything you want but in very moderate porportions. Gauge: the size of the inside of your palm. Vegetables and water are unlimited. Kills the cravings to eat more than you should of any particular food. The brain switches off the 'starvation warning' button.

I'm with Beclak...diet pills are nothing to mess around with. A lot of them contain speed and most of them are very bad for your heart. They can also alter your moods and they are known to be addictive. Dixie, don't take them. Bad idea and its not going to help you in the long run. You lose a few lbs, go off the pills, you gain weight, go back to the pills, there's nothing good about this.

Change what you eat. Don't think in terms of diets because that's a surefire way to set yourself up for failure. Don't live a diet of deprivation, instead, think of changing what you eat for the better.

Best tip is always opt for the foods that have more fiber. They tend to be lower in calories.

Smaller portions and more time between meals. Your body will adjust accordingly.

And avoid the liquid calories: regular soda, energy drinks, juice, etc. Calories really add up quickly there and they don't fill you.

She does not like change. She has been unhappy with my hubby since before we left Florida back in 1996 for some unknown reasons. She is still upset that we never came back for a visit over 13 years while we were in Missouri. She hates that we are converting the garage and thinks it will bring down the property values. She thinks the garage should be totally torn down and then all new construction built. Well, according to the engineer and the inspectors, to get the solidness that we have for hurricane safety, we would be spending another $85,000 on top of the $94,000 the house will cost. There is only 1 house in this neighborhood built as solidly as the garage and that's MIL's home. the engineer says that even with a Katrina type hurricane, he cannot see this garage/house going anywhere. According to the original plans for this garage, the rebar posts in the concrete blocks go down about 6-8 feet in the ground.

I think she's just jealous. She has just spent over $100,000 within the last 5-8 years to upgrade her house and still, ours will be safer.

Why does the need to pee intensify by a million when you are trying to unlock the door to your house?

She does not like change. She has been unhappy with my hubby since before we left Florida back in 1996 for some unknown reasons. She is still upset that we never came back for a visit over 13 years while we were in Missouri. She hates that we are converting the garage and thinks it will bring down the property values. She thinks the garage should be totally torn down and then all new construction built. Well, according to the engineer and the inspectors, to get the solidness that we have for hurricane safety, we would be spending another $85,000 on top of the $94,000 the house will cost. There is only 1 house in this neighborhood built as solidly as the garage and that's MIL's home. the engineer says that even with a Katrina type hurricane, he cannot see this garage/house going anywhere. According to the original plans for this garage, the rebar posts in the concrete blocks go down about 6-8 feet in the ground.

I think she's just jealous. She has just spent over $100,000 within the last 5-8 years to upgrade her house and still, ours will be safer.

good riddance :roll:

Why does the need to pee intensify by a million when you are trying to unlock the door to your house?

Dunno really know....seems the bathroom is calling out to me...and before I can unlock the door...the rain starts coming down...squeeze...squeeze...walk bow-legged down the hall...trying to reach the toilet...then my pants for some reason give me a hard time....and by the time I've got everything pulled down, I've already peed...and just a trickle of it went into the toilet....everything comes off....peek out the bathroom door to see if anyone is out there in eye-range....run to my bedroom to change clothes....has happened too many times! :giggle:

If you want to be a successful cult leader, here's an eye opener to see how easy it is to grow one... If you have all the qualities, then you can do it! Have your own harem, even!

How To Be Successful Cult Leader, By Tr Taylor

I especially love the part about the symptoms of "truly converted" followers.

So yeah, I just can't sleep. I had TWO energy drinks today... I don't think I'll be sleeping until 10 AM.

I'm thinking about my computer and possible issues. I had daughter shut it down last night since Adobe Acrobat updated and needed a reboot. Well, when I turned it on this morning, I got the "blue screen of death". Yes, I have Windows Vista. Well after trying twice, I got the same blue screen, so I cut the power, waited 5 minutes, turned the power back on and went into "Safe Mode". Once there, I got the Windows Help and Support pop-up about Safe Mode and chose to do "System Restore". Luckily, the system backed up yesterday at noon. Have done that and restore to that point and all is well so far.

Question now: Do I need to do anything else?

I'm thinking about my computer and possible issues. I had daughter shut it down last night since Adobe Acrobat updated and needed a reboot. Well, when I turned it on this morning, I got the "blue screen of death". Yes, I have Windows Vista. Well after trying twice, I got the same blue screen, so I cut the power, waited 5 minutes, turned the power back on and went into "Safe Mode". Once there, I got the Windows Help and Support pop-up about Safe Mode and chose to do "System Restore". Luckily, the system backed up yesterday at noon. Have done that and restore to that point and all is well so far.

Question now: Do I need to do anything else?

Get a Mac ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back