What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I am thinking and feeling that I don't really belong anywhere these days. I mean, I can't afford to take any ASL classes. I have comprehension issues and attention issues, so learning off a website doesn't "stick", my schedule doesn't work with others, so I can't get together with people on Skype or VP for help. Church this morning was hard since I could not follow along. Deaf Coffee I had the same problem. It's making me more and more prone to withdrawal farther and farther into my little shell.

Guess I can't be much help, Kristina (and Angel too)...you two gals lost ur hearing at a very late age, I lost mine at 14, so had the chance to go to the deaf school for 2 years and learned some ASL...however, I've never became fluent...but became fluent in lip reading.....and becoming late deafened, so many of us do feel at times we don't belong anywhere!...Or that we're unique (and I've been told that I was so many times)....I was "in the middle"...and told by deafies that "you went both ways!"....

It's no wonder we get depressed at times, but this, too, shall pass....Remembering the song, "Amazing Grace"....and I still sing it a lot when I'm down and blue...I give my boys & my family a hug...and I have cried many tears in the past.....and wonder sometimes how I have made it this far....but believe me, it gets better as the years roll by....

Here's hoping you have a brighter tomorrow, and many more to come. You will adjust...be patient and good to yourself.

I think I'm the only person in the world who is not watching football at all. :/

I think I'm the only person in the world who is not watching football at all. :/

oh whew! I'm not alone after all... I've been researching on skiing

ski.gif

Thinking what a bummer that I cant hold my cat for too long. Did that for 15 mins and major allergy attack happened. Now, I just got a reminder why I never was able to have cats as pets. Hopefully, with some management of my allergies, we can keep this one. He is sooo sweet!

God's way of telling you dogs are better. :lol:

Is that the Baltimore vs Houston game?? That's on tv here in the UK! First NFL game I've ever seen in my life... absolutely no idea what's going on! Haha

Cool that it's on in the U.K. Are you able to watch the New York Giants vs. Green Bay today? (Sunday) Or the Baltimore game earlier today? (The one that made Shel very, very, happy! :lol:

Will you get the Super Bowl too?

I know what you mean about not understanding what's going on. My husband is British and used to play cricket with his colleagues. This was way back years ago when we were dating. I went to one of the games and had NO idea what was going on, but he was pretty good at it. Got 90 runs or something like that, dashing madly back and forth between the little poles.

I think it's hard to appreciate another country's sports when you haven't grown up with them, but it can be very entertaining to watch anyway. And don't feel bad about not understanding football; honestly, the average American doesn't really know all the ins and outs and strategies either. It's still fun, just to watch the really dramatic and exciting long passes or extraordinary plays.

That was a GREAT GAME! I hate the Niners but have to respect that they pulled off an amazing win.

*hint* my #1 team that I am passionate about are the AZ Cardinals hence my reason for hating the Niners. LOL!

I'm with you (minus the passion for the Cards.) I was cheering for New Orleans but that was an amazing game, and very exciting for Niners fans to watch the final drive.

If NO's defense doesn't get the job done, no one to blame but themselves. That last quarter was one of the best ever (not considering outcome...) just for the way the two teams were battling it and switching leads.

Ok, I am kind of "pffft" at my in-laws. Here's the deal. They inbox'ed my husband via Facebook about coming to visit this weekend because they would be in town for the wedding anyways...plus, we would exchange Christmas gifts as well since we didn't get to see everyone during Christmas. But it wasn't clear on what day, time, etc. and what exactly were the plans, etc. Not once had they e-mailed, texted, etc. me regarding their plans...today they showed up at noon and visited with my husband for a couple of hours. He opened our gift, etc. He had to pick up the kids and then go to work. They went on to the wedding. I had no idea what time to expect them, plus I wasn't sure if they were spending the night, etc. to make sure I had things ready for them. Also, I didn't really have time to get stuff for dinner so I was not sure..could I leave home to grab things for dinner? Would they show up and I'll be gone. Should I wait? Etc. After a few hours, I decided to just go and grab dinner (by the way, I'm in knee deep with IEPs right now, trying to keep my head out of the water) and left a note for them to text me if they showed up (the place was right next to my home, so I was only like five minutes away). After an hour, they showed up. Changed clothes, visited with the kids for a few minutes, exchanged a few words with me, and then left.

I have mixed feelings about a few things regarding this visit. Mostly negative feelings. It's hard to explain.

Those folks certainly do not seem very gracious, to say the least. They LEFT after you went ahead and planned dinner for them?? How peculiar.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

My unlawful are like that. Even when they plan, they change their plans at the last minute. I learned to take them to a restaurant and they graciously pay. It means that I don't have to cook and my inlays are happy. ;-) You have to give up a little control and be flexible.

Auto correct made my MIL "unlawful." lol

KristinaB...I am sorry you are feeling this way. That's why I am a strong believer that all deaf and hoh children should be exposed to ASl and the Deaf community growing up so there won't be this issue of not feeling of belonging in either worlds. Hang in there ! Hugs

Me! I'm baking cookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back