What are you thinking about? Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking that things are so often more easily said than done. Yet, I am determined to make it happen! Where there is a will, there is a way!

I am thinking I should buy an existential map. It will have "You Are Here" written all over it.

I am thinking....I can't believe my baby girl is 17 today!!! Where did time go?

I wish you well on this one. It will be a long and at times -discouring- and you'll need a lot of allies in your fight vs Tyson. At the very least I'd want better working conditions for those who work in this industry and more rigorous food safety for this will affect buyers who buy chicken. As for PETA I'm afraid a lot of people don't take PETA seriously so you'll want other orgizations as well in this. '

I used to work in the food industry and I'm well aware of the practices which is why I'm wary of a lot of processed food and meat even though I'm not a vegetarian. I make sure that my chicken is washed real good before I cook it and I'm sure you do too.

I think I'm a bit too jaded from my work past but I thnk Tyson is the rule - not the expectation - when it comes to ethics.

There's not necessarily poor handing of food product but they still do things that can get an NR at the very least. If a company receives x-amount of NRs within a certain time frame, USDA can come in and shut the entire operation down until it has been properly corrected and approved by USDA before re-opening. Yeah it sucks for the hourly workers because they aren't getting to work, but when you've been working for 6 days for weeks and weeks on end you welcome the time off in a way. But what I'm after is their practice of playing favorites when it comes to employees. The supervisor in question isn't even qualified to be a supervisor, even by Tyson's standards yet he is allowed to wear khaki and make a name for himself at the expense of others. So far the only name he's made in my book is 'Asshole'. I've been told the only reason Tyson isn't axing him is because he's Hispanic and he will play the racial discrimination card. To me, it has nothing to do with his skin color, it's his actions towards me and others. I've had Hispanics who were bosses over me in the past and I got along with them just fine and even respected them as a person. I'm still good friends with a couple of my former supervisors who happen to be Hispanic.

In hindsight maybe I should have played Tyson's games and lied about it and played the disability or homosexual or woman discrimination card if they threatened to fire me. But then my character as a person would have gone down the drain in a matter of seconds. I want to be a respectable person and not some lying cheating sleazeball. From what I've heard Tyson has reformed their disciplinary system to reduce turnovers and excessive firing, but from what I've seen, it is rigged to where those who lie and cheat keep their jobs while those who are honest get terminated. Not cool in my book. Tyson don't like me and one of these days I'll walk in with USDA stamped across my forehead and the first thing through their minds is gonna be 'Oh shit, she's back and she's untouchable.' However I know they will be hawking my every move to make sure I don't 'bully' the company. I won't bully them but I won't let shit slide by either. As long as I stay well within my boundaries if they go to my supervisor with USDA about it, the only response they will get back is 'She's just doing her job.' I know they won't like me in there and I will simply tell the Evis lead and the Evis supervisor to not speak to me unless it is work-related. Drama and BS is stopped right then and there.

So my former gangbanger student just let me know he wants to go to cosmetology school. :eek:

I thought the poor kid wouldn't make it past his sophomore year and look at him now!

#fyeahteachersareawesome

What is going on with parents today!!?? I was at Market Basket waiting to check out and mother and her 2 boys where ahead in line. The boys where about 7 and 4 years old. The older boy was beaten up his brother and had his arm around his young brother neck and holding him in a tight grip. I had to move back to not get hit ! Then the older boy start hitting his brother in the belly and face and I thinking WTF as the mother does nothing ! I finally said Hey! to the boys and the mother looks at me. I said he was beaten up his brother The mother " that is OK. " to me. I just found is very disturbing
see a kid getting beaten up in a store with the mother doing nothing! I mean the boy was using his firsts to punch his little brother is the face and belly! Plus the boys kept getting into my space. Was I wrong to say anything?
Now I know why some kids become bully, their partents allow them to beat the crap out their younger brothers!!

I'm feeling very bummed by this internet stfu from pfh. Time for some Oprah reruns and frosting straight outta the can. :sadwave:

100-rejection-is-being-dropped.gif

I know how you feel, "boo"! on those people :lol:

I am feeling sorry for myself, stuck in a self-pity party all alone. I want my house back. The heated tile floor. The fireplace in front of the bathtub. My walk-in closet with the cherry wood shelves, drawers, and frosted glass bins. Dammit. Lol

Thinking about going to LA in May, visit New Orlean and Biloxi, MS where I used to live from age 9 to 15.

thinking that some people here are weird but in a good way. I got some laughs out of some of the posts here on this thread. :lol:

:thumb:

I'm thinking I wish I could be at my sewing machine putting together that rag quilt. I cut my finger and dexterity is a no-go right now. :(

So my former gangbanger student just let me know he wants to go to cosmetology school. :eek:

I thought the poor kid wouldn't make it past his sophomore year and look at him now!

#fyeahteachersareawesome

A lot of 'gangbangers' end up going to cosmetology school and use their creativity to give clients unique haircuts. I know of one guy that can draw really really well and he went to cosmetology school, and now he actually cuts designs into people's hair and will draw cartoons using some kind of hair paint that washes out after 2 weeks. He's pretty good actually but also expensive. A lot of the blacks from Russellville use him.

I am thinking about a cup of coffee.

I am feeling sorry for myself, stuck in a self-pity party all alone. I want my house back. The heated tile floor. The fireplace in front of the bathtub. My walk-in closet with the cherry wood shelves, drawers, and frosted glass bins. Dammit. Lol

Missing Arkansas?

Lol, Oceanblue. Noooo not Arkansas but the house..I wish I could dig it up and bring it back to California. I MISSSSSSSS it there. Too bad the economy is in a black hole. *sad*...it's okay where I am now but it doesn't feel like "home." And I freaking HATE the view...parking lot. LOL!!!! Remember my cottage...at least it had that backyard I used for a retreat. Here..it's watching 'Bob' park and 'Jane' walking a dog in a parking lot. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back