What are you thinking about? Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
am thinking about this evening's plan...

Of course with my friends...

-Round Table Pizzas, Beers/Sodas, Snacks, and 52" HD TV..

CHEERING on SF GIANTS in first game of World Series, oh yeah, baby.. gotta love it

Oh, you lucky dog- Round Table Pizza! I really miss that. Have fun tonight, be safe.

I'm thinking I am glad I am feeling a whole lot better. MIL thought I was pregnant. She should know I can't get preggy again. Sheesh. Had massive headache, massive muscle aches and sick sour stomach. Had saltines for breakfast and took a shower and got out of the house. Felt better by about 4pm. Yahoo!!

I'm thinking how profoundly ignorant can someone be about someone else's history and judge them based on a misconception so huge it's laughable. I am so deeply offended and angry that he did that I couldn't contain my tears.

Ignorance is NOT bliss.

im thinking to stick to obession on SF Giants and how did they went the journey through baseball season. Oh boy, i love them.

I'm thinking who to chew first... I can't comprehend how STUPID people can get. :mad2: :mad2:

im thinking to stick to obession on SF Giants and how did they went the journey through baseball season. Oh boy, i love them.

Must have been an unforgetable experience tonight. The fans looked CRAZY it was awesome to see that energy. Wished I could feel that type of energy right now. Have fun and be safe,

I'm thinking how profoundly ignorant can someone be about someone else's history and judge them based on a misconception so huge it's laughable. I am so deeply offended and angry that he did that I couldn't contain my tears.

Ignorance is NOT bliss.
I'm with you... just speechless right now. :hug:

I wish I knew what happened with iSign and Freckles. o.o

Im currently eating Dove's Caramel Milk Chocolate. So delish.

Im thinking Im liking this guy I met online a few days ago. we've been really talking. Its a nice change.

Ignorance is NOT bliss.

:grouphug: what happened?

:grouphug: what happened?

A friend of mine told me I was defending a name that shouldn't be defended...I am puerto rican and we have always called ourselves Boricuas ( which means warrior in the Taino native language ) cause it's what our natives called themselves. He said that we weren't worthy of calling ourselves that cause we never won a war. Funny thing is he is puerto rican but has never had a History of P.R. class. Doesn't live here and his parents never even bothered teaching him about his roots.

Not winning a war doesn't mean you can't be called a warrior. Our people were invaded by fucking spaniards who were led to believe they were Gods. It wasn't until a group of three Tainos who suspected the contrary, kidnapped and drowned a spaniard which proved correct their suspicions that they weren't really Gods. Before that happened, the Taino numbers had considerably lowered since the spaniards worked them to death for the gold in the island. Apart from the excessive work and force used against them, they died for different reasons like diseases they brought or the Tainos just killed themselves to avoid being subjected to their abuse.

Many also fled to the deep mountains and thanks to that and to all the Taino women the spaniards raped (unfortunately) the vast majority of puerto ricans have mitochondrial DNA in their genes. We are living descendants of our people and that makes me proud cause I know how hard they fought for their land, for their beliefs, for their family. We didn't stop fighting after the spaniards succeeded into killing off most Tainos...we were ruled by Spain for 500 years...500 years of misery, abuse and poverty. We didn't have great wars with the whole world but fighting for our lives,rights and against our oppressors is just as legit.

Like another friend of mine said:

"He seems like he doesn't get the purpose of honor. Honor earns you titles, not the outcome of the battle. Warrior doesn't mean someone who wins. It means someone who fights hard."

That's what a warrior is. And I'll be fucking damned and hell will freeze over before I ever spit on the name of all those brave and courageous men and women who have fought and died for their beliefs and the people of this island.

A friend of mine told me I was defending a name that shouldn't be defended...I am puerto rican and we have always called ourselves Boricuas ( which means warrior in the Taino native language ) cause it's what our natives called themselves. He said that we weren't worthy of calling ourselves that cause we never won a war. Funny thing is he is puerto rican but has never had a History of P.R. class. Doesn't live here and his parents never even bothered teaching him about his roots.

Not winning a war doesn't mean you can't be called a warrior. Our people were invaded by fucking spaniards who were led to believe they were Gods. It wasn't until a group of three Tainos who suspected the contrary, kidnapped and drowned a spaniard which proved correct their suspicions that they weren't really Gods. Before that happened, the Taino numbers had considerably lowered since the spaniards worked them to death for the gold in the island. Apart from the excessive work and force used against them, they died for different reasons like diseases they brought or the Tainos just killed themselves to avoid being subjected to their abuse.

Many also fled to the deep mountains and thanks to that and to all the Taino women the spaniards raped (unfortunately) the vast majority of puerto ricans have mitochondrial DNA in their genes. We are living descendants of our people and that makes me proud cause I know how hard they fought for their land, for their beliefs, for their family. We didn't stop fighting after the spaniards succeeded into killing off most Tainos...we were ruled by Spain for 500 years...500 years of misery, abuse and poverty. We didn't have great wars with the whole world but fighting for our lives,rights and against our oppressors is just as legit.

Like another friend of mine said:

"He seems like he doesn't get the purpose of honor. Honor earns you titles, not the outcome of the battle. Warrior doesn't mean someone who wins. It means someone who fights hard."

That's what a warrior is. And I'll be fucking damned and hell will freeze over before I ever spit on the name of all those brave and courageous men and women who have fought and died for their beliefs and the people of this island.

whoa. definitely a post-worthy for "What did you learn today?". Interesting - Boricuas. so he's a Puerto Rican... but doesn't know anything about Puerto Rico.... ah...... one of those phony douchebags like Jersey Shore guidos - they're Italian-Americans who pretend to be "real" Italian and yet... they don't even know their Italian heritage and history. They think it's just pasta/olive oil and mafia. :roll:

whoa. definitely a post-worthy for "What did you learn today?". Interesting - Boricuas. so he's a Puerto Rican... but doesn't know anything about Puerto Rico.... ah...... one of those phony douchebags like Jersey Shore guidos - they're Italian-Americans who pretend to be "real" Italian and yet... they don't even know their Italian heritage and history. They think it's just pasta/olive oil and mafia. :roll:

Interesting...lived with a Puerto Rican and he loved his country. He didn't say much, but he seemed proud of his heritage. I definitely learned something new today through iSign's post.

:roll: yeah, a lot of us Italian-Americans are embarrassed by the Jersey Shore stereotypes.

<3

He lived here until he was five then his parents moved to the states. But even so I thought his mom would teach him...wishful thinking I guess. He is the kind of person that waves the flag but a the time to answer some questions he drops it and knows shit. So it really infuriated me for him to be judging when he knows nothing of MY history. He doesn't deserve to be called puerto rican.

I've seen a few minutes of Jersey shore, they don't even sound italian >.<

I was converted (from being strictly A's fan---early 90's "Bash Brothers" and beat them in the '89 Series) last year and love going to their ballpark.

It's been amazing to see them coming up on top. They always had potential, they just get the minimum done without spending a bunch of money. I honestly thought they wouldn't get past Philly and were underdogs to Texas. Tonight, I was shocked after they were down 2-0 and the game busted up in the 5th.

Interesting...lived with a Puerto Rican and he loved his country. He didn't say much, but he seemed proud of his heritage. I definitely learned something new today through iSign's post.

:roll: yeah, a lot of us Italian-Americans are embarrassed by the Jersey Shore stereotypes.

Most puerto ricans are very proud. The ones that are not and are all about becoming the 51st state ( which I'm against, no offense. ) are what we call "americanized" ( no offense, yet again :giggle: )

And it's cool that you're half italian. Did your family followed italian traditions of some sort? I have two friends who are have italian as well. They tell me that the part of their family that lives in Italy is really arrogant...just cause they are italians O.O lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back