What are you thinking about? Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
well that's not what I said but the point is - which car can handle faster speed safely? Ford or BMW? Which car would you entrust your life with if you're commuting on highway with speed limit of 70mph?

If you have driven BMW at 70mph... then you know it's immensely different from Japanese or American car in terms of safety and handling.

definitely choose a BMW at that speed, if I don't have to borrow the American half the time :hmm:

Japanese, it depends on the car. Lexus (up-scaled line of Toyota's) are decent. I would strongly consider all three, but it depends on my purposes. A "reliable" car I can fix on my own and commute 40 miles every day....whew...toughie...how about a Nissan GT-R? hey I can dream. And no I wouldn't make it the commute car.

About to get a 1978 El Camino. Great body. It's white, make it a rat and some basic tank (y'know. so it doesn't drop a bucket on the highway) upgrades and I'm a happy camper.

Owned 2.....7 series and a 3 series....Both sucked. My cousins was a 5 series. It sucked too. Based on my experience I would choose a Honda over a BMW any day of the week. No contest.

My Lexus was 10x the car. That car was awesome....wish I still had it.

that's fine. to each his/her own depending on one's driving's habit and style. We've owned BMW 318ti, 328i Convertible, and currently 330Ci. and I ride BMW motorcycle :)

All peachy. no mechanical failures. some minor repairs but it was covered by warranty but yes - the maintenance fee is $$$$$. We've been BMW drivers for decades. Americans do not generally like BMWs because of lack of comfort and size. German cars are designed for speed and precision. Americans cars are designed for comfort and "chilling" (which explains a lack of cup holders in German cars).

Honda and Toyota designed their cars based on American cars - easy steering, soft ride, lot of power, lot of space (and they did it cheaply and reliably). The Japanese luxury models (Lexus, Acura) are based on German - precision, speed, tight suspension (and they did it cheaply and reliably).

beside - since you like Lexus.... the maintenance cost isn't cheap either.

Did you buy them used? Around here people race them. That is why they fall apart so much. But the few that I know about that haven't been raced are the best cars I have been in.

Lexus is an awesome car too. If I could get one in a stick I would be a happy man

Nah both were new. I kept my less than a year. My wife kept hers a little longer.

Yeah my Lexus rocked.....I had the SC400 (a long time ago) It would fly....120 on the highway felt like 55. No road noise and smooth.

I don't like dark chocolate at all. Give me milk chocolate any day :)

And I don't like chocolate at all. I eat a Snickers every once in a while just for headaches, but I hate the taste of chocolate. :giggle:

beside - since you like Lexus.... the maintenance cost isn't cheap either.

I wouldn't know. I had mine for 100,000 miles and it never broke down. Scheduled maintenance could be pricey maybe but all mine was free as part of the purchase.

My BMW broke down all the time.....It was covered by warranty but it's still a pain in the ass to take it in. They should probably stick to motorcycles IMO.

Nah both were new. I kept my less than a year. My wife kept hers a little longer.

Yeah my Lexus rocked.....I had the SC400 (a long time ago) It would fly....120 on the highway felt like 55. No road noise and smooth.

ah... Lexus SC400.... sweet machine... my friend bought it and heavily customized it (engine swap with twin Supra engine) -

4880_106197183888_612613888_1951747_7493857_n.jpg

I wouldn't know. I had mine for 100,000 miles and it never broke down. Scheduled maintenance could be pricey maybe but all mine was free as part of the purchase.

My BMW broke down all the time.....It was covered by warranty but it's still a pain in the ass to take it in. They should probably stick to motorcycles IMO.

:lol:

ah... Lexus SC400.... sweet machine... my friend bought it and heavily customized it (engine swap with twin Supra engine) -

Nice car! Mine was black with the gold package.

That looks like a Supra....Still. A twin-turbo Supra = wet-dream.

That looks like a Supra....Still. A twin-turbo Supra = wet-dream.

looks like one, yes but not a Supra. Too poor lol. Did engine swap, body job, paint job, etc... all by himself. and then sold it for $$$$$. If I remember it correctly, he bought that regular SC400 for like $5,000. Not sure how much he sold it for but it was a nice return. And then bought Jeep Wrangler.

this is a Toyota Supra and this below, is a Lexus SC400

SC400.jpg

good catch clarke.

BTW - I don't like beemers either.... at all. Jiro - you should hit some snow with the BMW X5 in the middle of the lanes then LMK if you like it.

That was the only time I thought I'd flip the car I was driving.

Id take my jeep over that beemer any time.

looks like one, yes but not a Supra. Too poor lol. Did engine swap, body job, paint job, etc... all by himself. and then sold it for $$$$$. If I remember it correctly, he bought that regular SC400 for like $5,000. Not sure how much he sold it for but it was a nice return. And then bought Jeep Wrangler.

Smart. I know the late 90's twin-turbo Supra sell upwards of $80k or more (Highly collectible, it's a "holy sh**" type of car). If your friends' goal was just more cosmetic than to race, I could see someone with money dropping much more than the cost for a look-alike.

Smart. I know the late 90's twin-turbo Supra sell upwards of $80k or more (Highly collectible, it's a "holy sh**" type of car). If your friends' goal was just more cosmetic than to race, I could see someone with money dropping much more than the cost for a look-alike.

oh he doesn't do that. he's a serious guy. it's got the engine & goodies to go with the look :)

this is a Toyota Supra and this below, is a Lexus SC400

SC400.jpg

yea. like I said - he heavily-customized it. The real Supra car here is rare and $$$$$$$$$$$$. Even rarer - there are a few with right-side driver

right, the price of an original supra just shows how much of a legend the supra is and worthwhile to build a look-a-like. Hey, if the look-a-like can beat or match supra on the track, great, but seriously, as a collector it wouldn't feel right to buy a look-a-like for that much.

yea. like I said - he heavily-customized it. The real Supra car here is rare and $$$$$$$$$$$$. Even rarer - there are a few with right-side driver
interesting, thats something I've learnt, have seen SC400's around here though

I'm thinking about get PS3 for my birthday and had been research on some games that I like.

Hey Jiro-

Saw this guy today on his motorcycle and was wondering about a reason that most bikers around here do this. (if you know) What is the purpose of having the handlebars up around the same level as the biker's head? It seems to me, the arms would get very tired at being raised all the time.

Those are often called monkey bars.......and illegal in CA.....yet I see them all of the time. I wouldn't be caught dead with them....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back