What are you thinking about? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
thinking about certain someone (don't ask :aw:) and look forward to the trip back to the states, I just can't wait for the december to arrive, hurry up! :hyper:

thinking about certain someone (don't ask :aw:) and look forward to the trip back to the states, I just can't wait for the december to arrive, hurry up! :hyper:

We all know who......gimme a break

He boosted the fan speed???? That sounds very fishy to me.

Said someone used the remote and turned it down. After 4 hours of running at 75, the house is still 85-90 inside.

We have GOOOOOOD fans at work. They are for the USDA inspectors, but if you're like me and get stuck between two USDA inspectors and both have their fans pointed at you at the same time, it can go from a sweltering 90-95 degrees to about 60-65 in about 15 minutes. Believe me, even though it is July I still throw a sweatshirt in my locker for these occasions. My stand is the only stand in the department that is set up like this.

We have GOOOOOOD fans at work. They are for the USDA inspectors, but if you're like me and get stuck between two USDA inspectors and both have their fans pointed at you at the same time, it can go from a sweltering 90-95 degrees to about 60-65 in about 15 minutes. Believe me, even though it is July I still throw a sweatshirt in my locker for these occasions. My stand is the only stand in the department that is set up like this.

Hmm....With chickens it seems like they would want it cold all the time

Hmm....With chickens it seems like they would want it cold all the time

Where I work it is Evisceration also known as Fresh Processing in some plants. Basically we are the very first step in the poultry processing in which it goes from alive to dead and ready for further processing in 15 minutes. It doesn't have to be cold until all the viscera has been eviscerated and all contaminated/condemned birds and parts have been removed from the line, then it goes into a chiller for approximately 2 hours before it goes to the cold part of the plant. Once the chicken has been opened and eviscerated and inspected by USDA it immediately goes into the chiller. It doesn't come out frozen, just damn near it, LOL.

Where I work it is Evisceration also known as Fresh Processing in some plants. Basically we are the very first step in the poultry processing in which it goes from alive to dead and ready for further processing in 15 minutes. It doesn't have to be cold until all the viscera has been eviscerated and all contaminated/condemned birds and parts have been removed from the line, then it goes into a chiller for approximately 2 hours before it goes to the cold part of the plant. Once the chicken has been opened and eviscerated and inspected by USDA it immediately goes into the chiller. It doesn't come out frozen, just damn near it, LOL.

LOL......cool

LOL......cool

I might be able to get a hold of some videos of Evis (not my plant, any recording device of any type is banned and if you are found to be filming unauthorized at all on the company property you will be terminated immediately). I might be able to find some on YouTube if I'm lucky, but I doubt it as most major poultry producers believe what they do in Evis is a trade secret, not really. It is the same basic process no matter what plant as USDA must be able to walk into any plant and inspect it as per USDA guidelines.

Gimme a few.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NObH1qB9HB4&feature=related]YouTube - high speed MEYN evisceration equipment[/ame]
A VERY VERY VERY VERY basic view of the machinery used in my poultry plant, but it is made by the same company, which is based out of Canada I believe. These are DEMO lines, not an actual poultry processing line. Our Maestro holds WAAAAY more than just 36 'units' (or shackles) and we have two lines. We can run 40,000 birds in 2.5 hours if we have a good clean run at top speed. Yes I know my poultry.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmS8ei-21wU&feature=related[/ame]
This is a low-volume (possible USDA HIMP plant??) poultry processor. Complete automation is never actually possible and two, it is never that 'clean' in a poultry plant. Meyn lied to sell products. It is between 85-95 in Evis, and it is usually around 35-45 in further processing (debone). I have worked both sides of the plant so I could tell you the complete process. Again this was a 4,000 bird per hour automatic slaughter line. Our plant does more than double that. I wish I could find the actual machines we use so you could get the full extent. Oh and there is no beautiful music, it is just loud machinery and by the time I do walk out I can't hear diddly squat for about 20-30mins, and yes I do wear ear protection.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AQIIUFCAJs&feature=related]YouTube - ev[/ame]
OK, last video, this shows a more complete view of the machinery in my plant (as a matter of fact, we have the same model Maestro made by Meyn in our plant). However this is a company that has just finished installing an Evis line in plant and they were videoing the demonstration, thus why the lines were running at a snail's pace. The line shown in this video can run about 140 birds per minute - depending on the machinery involved and whether or not it is built for high-speed processing.

And yes, I'm actually a tad interested in the machinery, the geek in me is slowly creeping out. LOL.

Wirelessly posted

Thinking what Lindsay discussed in a three hour chat with friend's husband?? (Details soon) :lol:

Hubby got a call about his latest possible job for WalMart. They have told him the hours and the pay rate (amount is exactly what was mentioned before, so no change there). Next call will tell us about the interview dates.

It will mean a move and if we do it, then we will only be 3 hours away from MIL. Enough that she will have to make arrangements for a driver and yardwork, but close enough that we can still help her set up for Christmas. She decorates her 2 adjoining properties and her electric goes up by $200 for the month of December. Set up is Thanksgiving weekend, power turned on by December 1st and then take down New Year's Holiday.

I am thinking I am becoming anemic again. I have been freezing my ass off for the last 3 days, and I have near zero energy. Right now I'm in my bed under two big blankets and wearing a sweatshirt. I wonder if it is possible to purchase Over-the-counter iron tablets. It may take 2-3 weeks but it is better than eternity.

I am thinking I am becoming anemic again. I have been freezing my ass off for the last 3 days, and I have near zero energy. Right now I'm in my bed under two big blankets and wearing a sweatshirt. I wonder if it is possible to purchase Over-the-counter iron tablets. It may take 2-3 weeks but it is better than eternity.

Yes, you can buy over-the-counter iron tablets. We got them for my mother and had to take her off of them since with her cirrhosis of the liver, it was tearing up her liver. I have a bottle in the kitchen just sitting there. Wish I could whisk it to you with a wiggle of the nose, but I wasn't given those powers. :giggle:

Do hope you start to feeling better. :hug:

Yes, you can buy over-the-counter iron tablets. We got them for my mother and had to take her off of them since with her cirrhosis of the liver, it was tearing up her liver. I have a bottle in the kitchen just sitting there. Wish I could whisk it to you with a wiggle of the nose, but I wasn't given those powers. :giggle:

Do hope you start to feeling better. :hug:
Thank you Kristina. People at work and my bosses have thought I have lost my mind. It is 90 degrees in there, and yet I'm wearing a hoodie and freezing. My inspectors say I'm just getting sick, but I'm like if I were getting sick I would have been cold for one day then been sick as a dog the next.

My GMP was like - Do you know its 97 degrees outside with a 105 heat index? Im like yeah, and did you know I'm anemic right now which means I have low iron in my blood and I'll be like this until it returns to normal levels. Then he said I should add more meat to my diet. What irritates me is I have so little energy combined with insomnia that I literally I have to force myself out of bed and get to work. I nearly fell over today, I was just like UGHHHH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back