What are you thinking about? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mortgage...impossible to pay it off in 2 years. I do not want to wait a million years before buying a new car.

The credit cards definitely first and I am not sure about my student loan and my SSDI repayment. I will see how fast I pay off my credit cards and if the piece of junk is still running good, maybe focus on my student loans and SSDI..

My student loans and SSDI repayment are almost all paid off and the interest rates on those are very very low.

I really want to save money for a huge renovation project for my house.

Good idea to pay off Credit Cards and then the SDDI and Student Loan. Once that's all done then you can put a bit more money into mortgage.

Student loan-do you have to make the payments yourself or will your wage be garnished for student loan?

Sorry to hear that your ex is causing you more stress. Hoping the outcome will be positive. :hug:

Good idea to pay off Credit Cards and then the SDDI and Student Loan. Once that's all done then you can put a bit more money into mortgage.

Student loan-do you have to make the payments yourself or will your wage be garnished for student loan?

Sorry to hear that your ex is causing you more stress. Hoping the outcome will be positive. :hug:

I make the payments myself.

Yea, I wish my ex hubby would disappear from my life. I would be happy to never see nor talk to him again but I am stuck with his BS for a while.

Thanks! :hug:

Going into the City tomorrow... *urgh* public transportation ;)

My morning IKEA shopping was just fine :D

Tomorrow eve, 2 hours running marathon... prayers for me please *cheesy grin*

2 hours at a slow pace? Good luck!!!

I make the payments myself.

Yea, I wish my ex hubby would disappear from my life. I would be happy to never see nor talk to him again but I am stuck with his BS for a while.

Thanks! :hug:

Interesting. Australia's student loan payments will be automatically garnished from the person's wage if they are earning a certain wage.

Also if you want to make voluntary payments to student loan and paid $500 and you get 10% discount on the loan. :)

Let's hope your ex will disappear but not with your daughter, tho.

thinking if Taco Hell Corp. will actually do anything about my complaint.

Interesting. Australia's student loan payments will be automatically garnished from the person's wage if they are earning a certain wage.

Also if you want to make voluntary payments to student loan and paid $500 and you get 10% discount on the loan. :)

Let's hope your ex will disappear but not with your daughter, tho.
Not sure if these voluntary payments applies to these student loans in the U.S.

Thinking my MIL is a real piece of work. What's your opinion of your MIL who constantly slams or cuts down your family? She actually said that the reason my kids are the way they are is because my family were "Yankees" and were don't know any better. I so wanted to really come back with a rude comment, but we were sitting in the restaurant at the time. I just told her that I was sick and tired of her constantly cutting down or bad mouthing my family and the way I was raised. She commented that I can't take constructive criticism and then son replied that what she said wasn't constructive criticism. She said it was and the people sitting behind her then told her that she sounded rude and obnoxious and that nobody should ever talk about another person's family that way. Needless to say, I lost my appetite and was not a happy camper. I am still quite pissed. Too bad I have to live with her or I'd be gone in a heartbeat.

Thinking my MIL is a real piece of work. What's your opinion of your MIL who constantly slams or cuts down your family? She actually said that the reason my kids are the way they are is because my family were "Yankees" and were don't know any better. I so wanted to really come back with a rude comment, but we were sitting in the restaurant at the time. I just told her that I was sick and tired of her constantly cutting down or bad mouthing my family and the way I was raised. She commented that I can't take constructive criticism and then son replied that what she said wasn't constructive criticism. She said it was and the people sitting behind her then told her that she sounded rude and obnoxious and that nobody should ever talk about another person's family that way. Needless to say, I lost my appetite and was not a happy camper. I am still quite pissed. Too bad I have to live with her or I'd be gone in a heartbeat.

Even if you need to care for her, couldn't you find a rental in the area and not live together in the same house?

That would solve half your problem.

And you seem to be having so many problems with your mother's care also. There are assisted living for people on Medicare who don't have any assests.

She should easily qualify from what I know and with those two solutions your burden would be lifted.

Even if you need to care for her, couldn't you find a rental in the area and not live together in the same house?

That would solve half your problem.

And you seem to be having so many problems with your mother's care also. There are assisted living for people on Medicare who don't have any assests.

She should easily qualify from what I know and with those two solutions your burden would be lifted.

My mother I would never put into assisted living or anywhere but with us. The rent in this area for a 4 bedroom place is $3000 a month not including any utilities. When we do eventually move, I will not be helping my MIL again. She can find someone else. In spite of all the stress, there's still no reason for my MIL to constantly belittle my parents and grandparents and the way I was raised.

My mother I would never put into assisted living or anywhere but with us. The rent in this area for a 4 bedroom place is $3000 a month not including any utilities. When we do eventually move, I will not be helping my MIL again. She can find someone else. In spite of all the stress, there's still no reason for my MIL to constantly belittle my parents and grandparents and the way I was raised.

Your choice of course, but it seems incredibly unhealthy to live together when you are frequently refusing to eat because you are angry with your mother.

Sorry to hear your MIL being cruel to you and the kids not to mention your mother. You should point out that despite being yankees you have better manners than her as a southern person.

Your mother does not deserve mean jibes at this stage in her life.

Hope you and family will find a job and new place you can call your own.

Your choice of course, but it seems incredibly unhealthy to live together when you are frequently refusing to eat because you are angry with your mother.

It's not so much being angry at her as I am upset and angry at the "hand she's been dealt". It frustrates the mess out of me and when I am upset, my stomach gets queasy. I always end up eating later after I've calmed down. With my mother, it's harder because we are so close. My MIL has never really liked me and has never really wanted me around, but she needed me and we came to help her, only because she promised to be on her best behavior and hubby is now upset with her as well. He is looking for another job out of the area, but we will see.

Sorry to hear your MIL being cruel to you and the kids not to mention your mother. You should point out that despite being yankees you have better manners than her as a southern person.

Your mother does not deserve mean jibes at this stage in her life.

Hope you and family will find a job and new place you can call your own.

Thanks. I think that's what got me more than anything was her constantly going on about the Yankees and saying the southern people were much better. She doesn't realize that I'm not really considered a Yankee. I was born in Arkansas and raised in Florida. Ah well - like most of what happens, she will forget about this whole thing in a day or two. Her brain tumor makes for holes in her memory.

Thanks. I think that's what got me more than anything was her constantly going on about the Yankees and saying the southern people were much better. She doesn't realize that I'm not really considered a Yankee. I was born in Arkansas and raised in Florida. Ah well - like most of what happens, she will forget about this whole thing in a day or two. Her brain tumor makes for holes in her memory.

Ah, so your MIL has a terminal condition?
I hear that having tumour in the brain can have a large impact on personality and whatnot. Is that true?

I know exactly how you feel, only I get it from my own family about how I should do this or that, but yet I am not in a position to just up an move because of my financial situation. It's tough, it really is. Some people just don't get it, and probably never will. I also understand the public embarrassment you felt and about losing your appetite, so many times I have just said forget breakfast/dinner/lunch and just got up and went out for a drive just to cool off before I said/did something I would later regret. There have been times where my dad was so incredibly rude to me to the point that I couldn't even sit down for dinner until everyone else was through because I needed to do this or that and I had just come home from work. By then the dinner is cold and I'm too tired and angry to eat and be bothered with it. It's not so much the food or the want to eat, it's just the treatment you receive surrounding that so you just find it easier to not eat to just avoid the situation.

Ah, so your MIL has a terminal condition?
I hear that having tumour in the brain can have a large impact on personality and whatnot. Is that true?

Yes, it is true. She has already had 2 tumors removed and is legally blind. Has no peripheral vision. She also has a lot of other medical issues. That's all my MIL. My husband remembers what his mother was like before the 2nd tumor was removed and says that she is more and more hateful and vindictive than she was before. This tumor they will not try to remove as it will cause her to lose all vision. It is too close to the optical nerve.

My mother also has a terminal illness. She has cirrhosis of the liver. She got that from having Hepatitis C which she got from a blood transfusion at a hospital in 1986. She also has ICU-induced dementia, so she gets confused a lot, which causes stress for me.

I know exactly how you feel, only I get it from my own family about how I should do this or that, but yet I am not in a position to just up an move because of my financial situation. It's tough, it really is. Some people just don't get it, and probably never will. I also understand the public embarrassment you felt and about losing your appetite, so many times I have just said forget breakfast/dinner/lunch and just got up and went out for a drive just to cool off before I said/did something I would later regret. There have been times where my dad was so incredibly rude to me to the point that I couldn't even sit down for dinner until everyone else was through because I needed to do this or that and I had just come home from work. By then the dinner is cold and I'm too tired and angry to eat and be bothered with it. It's not so much the food or the want to eat, it's just the treatment you receive surrounding that so you just find it easier to not eat to just avoid the situation.

yes - too true.

My family had the arrangement that an adult child did not come back and the parents planned for their own old age.

So yes thankfully I was spared that.

And I did develop my own independence skills as well.

And there won't be bitterness on either side that way.

We are also making good plans ourselves to never rely on our children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back